2 c. Gluten-free all purpose flour (or 2 c. White rice flour)
2 tsp. Xanthan gum or Guar gum
1 tsp. Gluten-free baking powder
2 tsp. Brown sugar
1 tsp. Salt
1 c. Warm water
Top-Rated Gluten-Free Flour at AmazonTop-Rated Gluten-Free Flour
1) Add the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
2) Add the cup of warm water to the bowl and mix the dry ingredients into the water with your hand until its an even mixture.
3) Separate the dough into 8 pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Place all but one of the dough balls back into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap until you're ready to work with them.
4) Sprinkle a clean, flat surface with a bit of buckwheat flour and then roll your dough ball into a roughly circular shape and get as thin as possible.
5) Throw the tortilla onto a hot griddle (I use a cast iron griddle on medium heat with just a smidge of olive oil) and let it cook approximately 1-2 minutes or until it has started puffing up and the bottom side is developing those lovely brown spots. Flip the tortilla and cook the other side until is toasty as well.
6) Slide the cooked tortilla onto a covered plate to stay warm and repeat from step 4 until you've cooked all 8 tortillas. I generally roll one tortilla out while another is cooking, so that there is always a tortilla on the griddle.
7) Serve these warm with your favorite filling!
*Makes 8 good size tortillas*
Number of Servings: 8
Gluten Free Oat Waffles (Ridiculously Awesome!)
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Crispy, easy, delicious gluten free waffles.. these will be your new weekend favorite!!
1 ½ cups Oat Flour (if you have a food processor and some oats you can make your own flour – just put 2 cups of oats and let it go until it looks like flour!)
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (feel free to sub in olive oil if that’s all you have)
Optional Topping (this makes enough topping for 1 waffle, increase as desired):
1 teaspoon Butter
1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
1 Banana sliced
1 pinch Cinnamon
Easy Instructions (waffles): Whisk all the ingredients to combine
Cook in your waffle maker of choice until golden and delicious
Top and eat!!! Enjoy!!!
Easy Instructions (topping): Heat a nonstick pan on med-high heat
Add the butter, banana, cinnamon and maple syrup
Sauté until hot (won’t take long)
Pour over waffles, and devour!!
The tortillas can be a purchased like Udi’s or I make my own from a recipe I found online, although I substitute the brown sugar with xylitol.
2 cups gluten-free flour, mix or 2 cups rice flour 2 teaspoons xanthan gum (if its not included in the GF mix) or 2 teaspoons guar gum (if its not included in the GF mix) 1 teaspoon baking powder 2 teaspoons brown sugar 1 teaspoon salt 1 cup warm water Directions:
1. Add the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix the thoroughly. 2. Add the water to the bowl and mix the dry ingredients into the water with your hand until its an even mixture. 3. Separate the dough into 8 pieces and roll each piece into a ball with a rolling pin. Place all but one of the dough balls back into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap until you're ready to work with them. 4. Sprinkle a clean, flat surface with a bit of buckwheat or other GF flour and then roll your dough ball into a roughly circular shape and get as thin as possible. 5. Preheat a hot frying pan (I use a cast iron griddle on medium heat with just a smidge of olive oil) add the tortilla and let it cook approximately 1-2 minutes or until it has started puffing up and the bottom side is developing those lovely brown spots. Flip the tortilla and cook the other side until is toasty as well. 6. Remove and keep warm until ready to use.
3 turns of pepper mill of fresh cracked black pepper
Dash of cumin
With shrimp in a bowl, cover the shrimp with the above and toss vigorously to make sure the shrimp are well coated. Sautee shrimp in a mixture of olive oil and ghee until just pink and immediately remove from heat.
When putting together the quesadilla, get creative. Place 2-3 small pieces of non-dairy/non-soy cheese (I use Daiya Jack wedges-I find it melts the best) on your tortilla along with 5-6 shrimp. They can be diced if you prefer. Cover with spinach, roasted cauliflower, zucchini and broccoli bits. Sprinkle with 2T of Daiya Mozzarella shredded cheese. Brush the bottom of your frying pan with coconut oil and place your tortillas in the pan. (The top tortilla may up, if this happens, simply turn it over before you flip your quesadilla. Cook until your cheese is melted. Cover with salsa.
1t lime juice
½ c pepper (if you like heat, use a more heated pepper with more seed)
Put all the ingredients into a food processor and chop it to the texture you like.
Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies Adapted FromFast Paleo Ingredients:
1 cup almond butter (love Barney Butter smooth!)
1/3 cup honey (can sub real maple syrup)
1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1/2 Tbsp. almond extract (or can use all vanilla extract)
1/2 tsp. salt (*only add the salt if you are using unsalted almond butter)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life brand)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Oil baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
3. Stir together first 7 ingredients. Mix well. Make sure honey is fully incorporated.
4. Add coconut and chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
5. Scoop with a cookie scoop onto cookie sheets. Bake 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yield: about 20 cookies with a level 2 Tbsp. cookie scoop
Gluten Free Dairy Free Brownies Rating: 5 Yield: Makes 9 Gluten Free Brownies. A light, yet fudgey, gluten free dairy free brownies recipe that your friends and family will never know are gluten free! Ingredients: 1/2 cup Carla's Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Blend Recipe 1/2 cup gluten free Dutch Processed cocoa powder (Rochelle brand) 1/4 teaspoon gluten free baking powder (Featherweight brand for corn-free) 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt 1/2 cup cooking oil (I use EVOO or grape seed oil.) 1...
by Sara Price Spinach Mushroom Lasagna (Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Egg, Corn and Nut FREE!) It's VEGAN TOO! [Instead of using ricotta cheese for the filling, pureed beans (garbanzo and red beans) were used] What you will need: ~4 Cups GFCF marinara sauce (I used Prego Traditional Spagetti Sauce) ~1/4 cup olive oil (I used GV Extra Virgin Olive Oil) ~1 pound mushrooms (I used GV canned mushrooms-- need 4 small cans) ~1 Large onion, diced ~4 Cloves garlic, minced ~2 tsp salt ~1 pound frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained ~1 can chickpeas (AKA:garbanzo beans) ~1 can red beans (Kidney beans worked well in my recipe) ~2 packages GF lasagna noodles (I used Tinkyada brand- brown rice lasagna noodles) ~Water DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat 2 TBSP olive oil in a deep skillet. Add in mushrooms. Cook for about 3 mins. Then add in onions and garlic. Simmer for 10 mins. Add the spinach and cook until all vegetables are heated. Drain and rinse chickpeas and red beans. Place in food processor (I do not have this so I used a blender, took a while to mix, but worked well) and mix for half a minute. Add in the rest of the olive oil until the beans are smooth. Add in a little water at a time until the mixture looks creamy and spreadable. Spread 1 cup of sauce into a 9X13 baking dish. Add a layer of dry noodles ( I did not cook the lasagna noodles beforehand and it came out soft), then on top of the dry noodles add the bean puree. On top of the bean puree add the vegetable mixture. Then top it with sauce again and add the dry noodles. Repeat the layers. I was able to get 4 layers. Cover with foil and cook for 1 hour. ~EnjoyDifferent foods... (GFCF and clean foods!)
GLUTEN AND DAIRY FREE PIZZA
by Sara Price GLUTEN AND DAIRY FREE PIZZA For the CRUST, You will NEED: ~1 1/3 cups garbanzo bean flour ~1/2 cup brown rice flour ~1/2 cup tapioca starch (I used tapioca flour, didn't have tapioca starch... came out great) ~ 1 TBSP AND 1 tsp Xanthan gum ~1 tsp salt ~1 TBSP Oil (I used EVOO) ~1 1/3 cups water Mix all the above in a bowl. Mix well. Place on pizza pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 mins. Then add pizza sauce, Cheese (I USED DAIYA MOZZ CHEESE), and whatever toppings. Then bake for another 20 mins. I used canned mushrooms and turkey pepperoni.
Healthy Pancake (Dr. Jennifer’s Recipe)
1 c gluten free all purpose flour
1 1/2T baking pwdr
1c almond/coconut milk
1/3c coconut oil
Mix ingredients with a whisk. Add fruit and cook at medium heat.
**These pancakes are thinner than traditional and cook faster. Do not use high heat.
Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Brownie Recipe
Lovely reader Clare sent me her recipe for gluten-free brownies using unsweetened cocoa (see Clare's recipe below). I knew the minute I read Clare's recipe it was going to work. I've updated the recipe today and made it with melted dark chocolate, coconut oil and dark chocolate chips. Thanks Clare for the brownie goodness! You're a sweetheart.
Ingredients: 5 ounces high quality 60-70% cocoa dark chocolate
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat, gently stirring. (Or melt in a microwave safe measuring cup and stir together to combine.)
In a mixing bowl whisk together the brown sugar, almond meal, sorghum flour, fine sea salt and baking soda. Make a well in the center and add the beaten eggs, vanilla extract and melted dark chocolate mixture. Beat on low-medium for two minutes, until the batter begins to come together. At first it will seem thin, like cake batter, but keep beating until it thickens and becomes smooth and glossy.
If you are adding nuts, stir in the nuts by hand and spread the batter into the prepared baking pan. Even out the batter with a silicone spatula.
Stud the top with some dark chocolate chips and press in slightly.
Bake in the center of a preheated 350ºF oven for 32 to 35 minutes, or until the brownies are set. The top will crack, like a flourless chocolate cake.
Cool on a wire rack; and remove the cooled brownies from the pan by gripping the foil edges and lifting the brownies out as a whole.
Chill for an hour before cutting. (Though warm and gooey is really divine, if you don't mind them falling apart.)
Yield: 16 servings
*For chocolate-mint brownies use 1 teaspoon peppermint extract and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.