j. Twice a day; two times a day
2. Write the medical abbreviations for the following words and phrases:
a. Before meals:
b. After meals:
c. When needed:
g. Three times a day:
h. As desired:
i. Every 4 hours:
j. Twice a day:
h. ad lib
3. It is recommended that HS be written out: What are two possible meanings for HS?
Hour of sleep (bedtime); half strength (solution)
4. Write out the following order: ibuprofen ent tab 400 mg stat and tid pc.
Ibuprofen enteric coated tablet 400 mg immediately and three times daily after meals.
5. Change the traditional time to notations from the 24-hour clock system:
a. 4 PM:
d. 1:30 AM:
e. 11:45 AM:
b. 2400 0000
6. Name six basic patient rights.
Right patient, right drug, right dose, right time, right route, and right documentation. There is one additional patient right: right to refuse.
7. Ordered: 200 mg of a medication PO stat. Supplied as 0.1 g oral tablets.
a. Write the appropriate conversion formula:
How many tablets will you give?
b. Estimated dose: (Move the decimal point to estimate.)
c. Verify with a DA-style equation:
a. 1000 mg = 1 g
b. Estimate: Give 2 (100 mg) tablets. (0.1 g = 0.100.mg)