Q-Which mobile network in India launched ‘One Nation, One Rate’ offering same rate for voice, sms and data in home circles and on roaming its network? Ans-Aircel
Q-Which unique online contest organised by Karnataka Regional Youth Commission drew good response recently? Ans-Crib Contest 2012
Q-Where in India 34th annual national conference of Indian Academy Forensic Medicine will be held from 1st to 3rd February 2013?
Ans-Mangalore (The Department of Forensic Medicine, Kasturba Medical College)
Q-Which university in India launched its diamond jubilee logo on 26th January 2013, Republic Day? Ans-Manipal University
Q-Which country announced a deal with international lenders to cancel its debt of about $6 billion? Ans-Myanmar
Q-Which automobile maker sold 9.75 million vehicles group-wide and regained the crown as the world’s top selling automaker of 2012?
Ans-Toyota Motor Corp
Q-SEBI allowed which stock exchange to voluntarily opt out of the exchange space in India? Ans-Hyderabad Stock Exchange
Q-Who is appointed as Senior Vice President Business Development of Shapoorji Pallonji International? Ans-Steven Miller
Q- Which identity card that has been decided and consequently advised by the Ministry of External Affairs in January 2013 to all Passport Issuing Authorities for proof of address/identity for the purpose of passport application? Ans- Aadhaar Card.
Q. What is the new name of 'No Frill Account'? Ans :- Basic Banking Account
Q. The National Test House(NTH) which recently celebrated it's 100 years of celebration is located in which place? Answer :- Kolkata
Q. Which Indian is all set to join the prestigious international Satellite Hall of France? Answer :- U.R.Rao
Q. Recently, which bank has announced to open it's second branch in China? Answer :- State Bank of India
Q. Name the political party formed by P.A.Sagma, former Lok Sabha Speaker? Answer :- National Peoples Party(NPP)
Q. Who is the new Director of Intelligence Bureau(IB)? Answer :- Syed Asif Ibrahim
Q.Who is the current Chairman of University Grants Commission? Answer :- Ved Praksh
Q. Who has been appointed as the new Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Center (VSSC)? Answer :- S.Ramakrishnan
Q. Who took charge as Minister of State in the Ministry of Human Resource Development in New Delhi?
Ans: Dr. Shashi Tharoor.
Q. Who has received the 27th Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration?
Q. Kaziranga University tied up with which university recently?
Ans: Cardiff Metropolitan University of United Kingdom.
Q. Who is the current military chief of China?
Ans: Xi Jinping.
Q. Who has been re-elected as the Chairman of United Nations Panel of External Auditors?
Ans: Vinod Rai.
Q. What is the name of 2014 Fifa World Cup Mascot?
Q. Which country won the T20 World Cup for the Blind?
Q. In which year Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) was launched?
Q. ‘Dinar’ is the currency of which country?
Q. Who has assumed charge as Executive Director on the Board of the International Monetary Fund?
Ans: Dr. Rakesh Mohan.
Q. Who has been honored with the Hoover Medal at the Global Humanitarian Technology Conference in Seattle in Washington?
Ans: V. Narayan Murthy.
Q. Former _______ all-rounder Kevin Curran has died.
Q. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of ICC’s Cricket Committee?
Ans: Anil Kumble.
Q. The first International Day of Rural Women was observed on ______.
Ans: 15th October, 2008.
Q. Recently which day was celebrated as the first International Day of the Girl Child by the United Nations?
Ans: 11th October.
Q. In which country the 12th summit of Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) was held?
Q. Which organization has been awarded the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize?
Ans: European Union.
Q. Women’s Twenty20 Asia Cup 2012 was held in which country?
Q. Who is the founder & Chairman of Virgin Group?
Ans: Richard Branson.
Q. Which day is celebrated as the Navy Day in India?
Ans: 4th December.
Q. Who has won the F1 title of 2012?
Ans: Sebastian Vettel.
Q. Who has taken charge as the Chairperson & Managing Director of Bank of India?
Ans: Vijayalakshmi Iyer. Q. Who has been conferred the membership of ‘Order of Australia’?
Ans: Sachin Tendulkar.
Q. Who is the Prime Minister of Canada?
Ans: Stephen Harper.
Q. Who has been re-elected as the President of United States?
Ans: Barack Obama.
Q. Which film has won the Best Film Award in the 14th Mumbai Film Festival?
Ans: Miss Lovely. Q. A total of ______ trains have been identified for providing OBHS services.
Q. In which state the 28th National Junior Athletic Championships were held?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh.
Q. Mahesh Bhupathi and ________ clinched the Paris Master.
Ans: Rohan Bopanna.
Q. Which country has won the Asian Kabaddi Championship?
Q. Peter Gade has announced his retirement from International ________.
Q. Who has won the Golden Boot Award as Europe’s top Scorer?
Ans: Lionel Messi.
Q. Which day is observed as World AIDS Day every year?
Ans: 1st December.
Q. Who is the Foreign Secretary of Britain? Ans: William Hague.
Q. Who dedicated to the nation a new Integrated Terminal Building of Swami Vivekananda Airport at Raipur?
Ans: Pranab Mukherjee.
Q. Who was conferred the Great Cross of Civil Merit by Government of Spain?
Ans: Dr. Farooq Abdullah.
Q. With which country India has agreed to Explore Cooperation in Tourism Sector recently?
Q. ‘Arrangement for Cooperation on Civil Aviation’ has been signed recently between India & which country?
Ans: New Zealand.
Q. How many pacts have been signed between India & New Zealand to cooperate in the field of education?
Q. Two companies RENFE-Operadora and ADIF have signed an agreement with Indian Railway for technical cooperation. Which country these companies belong to?
Q. Who was the first black President of Supreme Court of Brazil?
Ans: Joaquim Barbosa.
Q. Whose bronze statue was unveiled in Florida town by former President A. P. J. Abdul Kalam?
Ans: Mahatma Gandhi.
Q. Which country successfully launched two experimental satellites to test its domestically developed components?
Q. Recently which country test-fired two nuclear-capable ballistic missiles?
Q. Who has received a Special Recognition Award from the Sikh community in London for his outstanding contribution in setting up a USD 4 billion JV refinery in Punjab? Ans: Laksmi Mittal.
Q. Who has been elected President of the National Federation of Indian American Associations?
Ans: Sohan Joshi.
Q. Who has topped the list of ’40 under 40’, prepared by Fortune?
Ans: Lary Page.
Q. Wu Yajun has topped this year Hurun rich list for women. Who is she?
Ans: Property Developer, China.
Q. State-owned BPCL and Videocon Industries made an oil discovery in their deep sea black off in which country?
Q. SBI has opened two new branches in South Africa to tap business opportunities. Name the cities they are located in.
Ans: Pretoria, Chatsworth.
Q. Which stock exchanges of India recently joined Sustainable Stock Exchanges (SSE) initiative?
Ans: Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
Q. Which company recently opened its largest store in Beijing, China?
Q. Which city of India has figured among the 10 most attractive cities for international travel shoppers in the Asia-Pacific region?
Q. India has signed a Protocol amending the Convention on avoidance of double taxation with which country?
Ans: United Kingdom.
Q. Who is the current MD and CE of BSE?
Ans: Ashish Kumar Chauhan.
Q. Which construction major has bagged an order worth Rs 1,252 crore from the Delhi Metro? Ans: L & T. • The new communication satellite launched by NASA on 31 January 2013 to stay in touch with its space station astronauts- TDRS(Tracking and Data Relay Satellite)
• The renowned painter of Bengal School died on 1 February 2013 following a brief illness at Kolkata hospital- Shanu Lahiri
• The prominent Pakistani journalist died on 2 February 2013 in New York following 4-year long fight with cancer- Ayesha Haroon
• World cancer day was observed on - 4 February 2013
• Solicitor-General of India, who resigned from his office on 4 February 2013- Rohinton F Nariman
• The Australian cricket captain who won the fourth Allan Border Medal in Melbourne on 4 February 2013- Michael Clarke
• President of Republic of Mauritius who visited India from 3 Jan 2013 to 10 Jan 2013 and was honoured with the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award-Rajkeswur Purryag
• The King of Bhutan who visited India from 23 to 30 January 2013 and was the Chief Guest for the Republic Day Celebration- Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck
• The fourth largest private sector Bank of India which was awarded the Financial Institutions Syndicated Deal of the Year 2012 in its Asia Pacific Region- YES Bank
• The Parliament Attack Convict, who was hanged on 9 Feb 2013 at Tihar Jail after his mercy petition was cancelled by the President of India- Afzal Guru
• The 72 years old table tennis legend who died in Beijing on 10 February 2013 following lengthy fight with cancer- Zhuang Zedong
• The sitar legend was honoured with the posthumous Lifetime Achievement Grammy award ON 9 February 2013- Pandit Ravi Shankar
• US Marine General who took over the command of the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan- Joseph Dunford
• Conference for South Asian Autism Network (SAAN) for Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) was concluded on -11 Feb 2013
• Code name given to secret plan for executing Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorist Afzal Guru in Tihar Jail on 9 February 2013 -Operation Three Star
• The short range surface-to-surface missile launched by Pakistan on 11 February 2013 -Hatf IX (NASR)
• The Person appointed as the chairman of Lalit Kala Akademi on 12 February 2013- Kalyan Kumar Chakravarty
• Prime Minister of the Himalayan Kingdom Bhutan was on an official visit to India from 7 Feb. to 9 Feb. 2013- Lyonchhen Jigmi Y. Thinley
• World Radio Day was observed on which day to raise awareness about the importance of radio- 12 February 2013
• The former Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court, who sworn in as the Lokayukta on 14 February 2013- Y Bhaskar Rao
• The theme of 27nd edition of Surajkund mela that was ended on 15 February 2013 was –Karnataka
• The person who was appointed as the next Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations on 13 February 2013- Asoke Kumar Mukerji
• The Country which banned the Japanese cartoon Doraemon in the third week of February 2013 because of the fears of Hindi invasion-Bangladesh
• The Ecuador's President who was re-elected for a third term with more than 50 percent of the vote- Rafael Correa
• The Person who was conferred with Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development Award 2011 by the President of India Pranab Mukherjee on 18 Feb 2013 -Ela Ramesh Bhatt
• The former Union Minister and three times MP for Rajya Sabha, who died at the age of 68 on 19 February 2013- Radhakishan Malviya
• The former LIC chief who took over as the Chairman of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) on 21 February 2013- T. S. Vijayan
• The former head of Tata Group who was awarded the life time achievement award 2012 by Ernst & Young on 21 February 2013- Ratan Tata
• The Car Rally that was flagged off from the Helipad Ground in Salt Lake Stadium, West Bengal on 22 February 2013- Silk Route Car Rally
• The playbook which won four awards at the Independent Spirit Awards in Santa Monica on 24 February 2013- Silver Linings Playbook
• The Person who had sworn -in as the first woman President of South Korea on 25 February 2013- Park Geun-hye
1. Which research centre announced that it was developing the largest magnet of the world? This largest magnet would weigh 50000 tons.
2. Population of which species Increased in Kaziranga National Park despite poaching, according to, the recent census which ended on 26 March 2013?
a) Great One-horned Rhinoceros
3. In the last week of March 2013, two new ______ species called Enyalioides were discovered from Cordillera Azul National Park..
4. India and the US in the Month of March 2013 agreed for cooperation on future missions to _________ and __________ after successful collaboration in Chandrayaan-1 lunar mission.
a) Moon and Mars
6. Which International Hockey team won the Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey Tournament title for the seventh time on 17 March 2013 by defeating Malaysia?
7. Name the leading International tennis player who won Indian Wells BNP Paribas Open 2013 on 17 March 2013.
8. Which International Cricket team won the fourth and the final test against Australia, at Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium, Delhi to claim the series by 4-0?
12. A team of researchers discovered abundant active bacteria community in the deepest spot of the Earth. What is the name of deepest point on Earth?
a) The Challenger Deep
13. Astronomers at the Herschel space observatory in the Month of March 2013 found some of the youngest stars ever seen in the Universe. What were these youngest stars called?
14. An unknown huge radio galaxy was discovered by an international team of astronomers in the month of March 2013. Which telescope was used to discover this radio galaxy?
15. Mass death of which species occurred on the beach in Coronel city, around 530 km from Santiago, Chile, in the third week of March 2013 likely because of the power generation plants- Bocamina 1 and 2 as well as Colbun?
17. The Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) on 6 March 2013 cleared the investment proposal of which Malaysian budget carrier to launch the new airline along with Tata Group and Arun Bhatia's Telestra Tradeplace?
18. Which confectionary giant was slapped with a notice demanding 250 crore Rupees by the Directorate General of Central Excise Intelligence on the grounds of excise duty evasion?
21. Which country on 12 March 2013 claimed to have become the first in the world to extract the natural gas from frozen methane hydrate successfully off the central coast?
a) Japan oil gas and metals national corporation
22. Which country announced the worst-ever drought in 30 years in its entire North Island due to global warming ?
a) New Zealand
28. Where did Welspun Energy on 12 March 2013 commissioned Asia’s largest solar power project of 50 MW?
a) Jodhpur, Rajasthan
29. Which company on 11 March 2013 acquired two gaming companies, Funnel Japan in Japan and Busan in South Korea?
a) Reliance Games
30. For what purpose did The Rajasthan State Industrial Development and Investment Corporation (RIICO) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with South Korean Trade Promotion Agency (KOTRA) on 11 March 2013 in New Delhi?
a) For setting up Korean Industrial Zone
32. Which country ranked first on list of countries which distribute spam all over the world, according to new report of SophosLabs?
4. According to the study conducted by University of Minnesota in the first week of March 2013, which species of Africa would decline to almost extinction over the period of coming 20-40 years if conservation measures were not undertaken?
a) Wild Lion
5. Which compost plant became first in India to receive carbon credits worth 25 lakh rupees from the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change?
a) Okhla Compost Plant
2. The Cabinet Committee on Investment (CCI) on 21 March 2013 cleared Reliance Industries' (RIL) KG-D6 and NEC-25 blocks for________________
A. Oil and Gas Exploration
3. Name the Place where Commercial production of Aishwarya Oil Field at has started on 23 March 2013.
5. Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL) signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Ministry of Finance on 25 March 2013. What is the set ambitious Sales target made by the Company in 2013-14 fiscal year?
A. 3407 Crore Rupees
3. Name the Female Indian Cyclist won a Bronze medal in the final of women's juniors of 500m cycle event in Asian Cycling Championship on 7 March 2013 in New Delhi.
4. Which Indian female veteran golfer, on 6 March 2013 won her second title in the fourth leg of Hero Women`s pro golf tour 2013 in Mumbai.
a) Smriti Mehra
5. Which female top seeded Badminton player won the women’s singles title in the All England Open Badminton Championships 2013 at the National Indoor Arena, Birmingham, England on 10 March 2013?
a) Tine Baun
1.The US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) lifted import alert on the Hyderabad-based antibiotics facility of which leading pharmaceutical research company of India?
a) Aurobindo Pharma
2. Which feature was added by Google to its Google Play India Page which allows you to download or rent movies?
a) Google Play Movies
3. Which largest education company of India, on 26 March 2013 announced completion of the sale of its entire 50% stake in Eurokids International Limited?
a) Educomp Solutions Ltd
4. Which insurance giant was fined 30 million Pound by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) over AIA bid in March 2013?
5. Apple in the month of March 2013 bought which indoor GPS mapping firm for 20 million dollars?
1) Who is selected for the prestigious Jnanpith award for the year 2012?
Ans. Ravuri Bharadhwaja for his contributions to Telugu literature.
2) Recently, who was re-elected for a second term as IAEA Chief? Ans. Yukiya Amano
3) Where was India‟s first all Women Post Office inaugurated recently? Ans. New Delhi
4) Who scored the fastest debut century in test cricket recently? Ans. Shikhar Dhawan
5) Malala Yousafzai has recently signed a deal to publish her autobiography. Ans. I Am Malala
6) Indian President was the Chief Guest at the Independence Day celebrations ofwhich country during March 2012? Ans. Mauritius
8) Which film was adjudged best feature filmin the 60th National Film Awards?
Ans. Paan Singh Tomar (Hindi) directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia
9) The 5th BRICS summit was recently held at?
Ans. Durban, South Africa (March 26-27).
10) The code name given to the entire plan of the execution of Afsal Guru, the parliament attack convict: