Framing your future



Download 8.58 Kb.
Date26.01.2017
Size8.58 Kb.
#9161

FRAMING YOUR FUTURE

  • Options for CTA Seniors
  • Choosing a College / University
  • Your choice of colleges should be driven by two main questions:
  • Do I want to learn here for four years?
  • Do I want to live here for four years?  (Surprisingly, this question ends up being more important than the first, but it's almost never given as much weight by students)
  • How do I pick the colleges I'd like to attend? College comparison worksheet Excerpts from US News Best Colleges series San Diego County Community College Consortium
  • To all prospective applicants... Confessions of an Ivy League Reject San Diego National College Fair  
  • The Fiske Guide to the Colleges
  • AnyCollege.net
  • College application deadlines -

2 Year Colleges

  • Mesa College
  • Cuyamaca
  • Miramar
  • Palomar
  • Grossmont
  • City College

4 Year College

  • SDSU
  • USD
  • UCSD
  • UCLA
  • USC
  • CalPoly, San Luis Obispo
  • UC Davis
  • Arizona State
  • University of Arizona
  • UC Berkeley
  • Requirements:
  • -College Application
  • -FAFSA
  • -Essay
  • -2 letters of recommendation
  • -Transcripts
  • -SAT
  • -ACT
  • Overview of San Diego Colleges & Universities

Apprenticeship

  • REQUIREMENTS:
  • Application
  • FAFSA
  • Proof of High School graduation
  • Essay
  • 2 letters of recommendation
  • Transcripts
  • Apprenticeship opportunities in San Diego
  • Benefits:
  • On the job training
  • Fast track to higher paying job
  • Getting a feel for your chosen career
  • What is apprenticeship training? If you want to become a certified journeyperson, training consists of levels of on-the-job skill development and technical training. Training varies from two to five levels, depending on the trade. The average length is four levels. For each level, you spend about 80 percent of your time learning from your employer. The other 20 percent is for technical training which is usually four to ten weeks. At the end of each level of technical training, you write an examination and must score at least 70 per cent to advance to the next level of training.

Military

  • Requirements:
  • -ASFAB
  • -FAFSA
  • -Recruiter
  • -Essay
  • -2 letters of recommendation
  • -Transcripts
  • Air Force: The nation's source of air and space power. The primary mission of the USAF is to fly planes, helicopters, and satellites. Army: The dominant land power. The Army generally moves in to an area, secures it, and instills order and values before it leaves. It also guards U.S. instillations and properties throughout the world. Coast Guard: The Coast Guard's mission is primarily with domestic waterways. The Coast Guard does rescues, law enforcement, drug prevention, and clears waterways. Marine Corps: The Marine Corps is known as the U.S.' rapid-reaction force. They are trained to fight by sea and land, and usually are the first "boots on the ground." Marines are known as the world's fiercest warriors. Navy: The Navy accomplishes its missions primarily by sea, but also by air and land. It secures and protects the oceans around the world to create peace and stability, making the seas safe for travel and trade. Where are the legions? The U.S. operates in over 100 countries, including the U.K., Germany, Italy, Bahrain, Brazil, South Korea, Australia, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Japan.
  • Military Recruitment page

Financial Aid

  • The Basics of Financial Aid
  • Financial aid is available to anyone needing assistance in paying school or college costs at any school including trade or technical schools, community college and four-year universities.  Federal and state grants do not have to be paid back.  Many of the most eligible students do not apply and the best part about it is that it's free to apply.
  • Financial need is determined by an analysis of your family's financial condition -- parental income and assets, student income and assets, number of members of the family, number in college, etc.  Your "Expected Family Contribution (EFC)" is computed when you fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form and it's the government's opinion of how much your family should be able to contribute to your education each year.  Your financial need is computed by subtracting the EFC from the total cost of your school (including tuition, room and board). 
  • Early FAFSA form submission is desired and will speed the notification of financial awards from your schools, however the absolute FAFSA deadline is March 2.
  • Types of financial aid
  • How to apply for financial aid
  • Scholarship list
  • The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form (deadline Mar 2, 2005)
  • FAFSA

Download 8.58 Kb.

Share with your friends:




The database is protected by copyright ©sckool.org 2022
send message

    Main page