The Fellowship Program is to encourage intellectual exchanges among Japan, ASEAN and Europe, with the aim to provide deeper and wider networking opportunities to the fellows. The program starts in 2017. Two fellows from ASEAN countries, one fellow from Europe and one fellow from Japan will visit other two regions continuously and stay in one region for one month.
(1) Three core institutions, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, Japan (hereinafter referred to as “GRIPS”), Centre for Strategic and International Studies, Jakarta, Indonesia (hereinafter referred to as “CSIS”) and Ecole de Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, France (hereinafter referred to as “EHESS”) will accept the fellows and help their research activities during their stay. In addition to the research at three core institutions, the fellow will be able to visit other universities or research institutions in the region for research activities.
(2) The fellow will be required, upon completion, to submit a research completion report with the approval of the fellow’s supervisor. Because each fellow will conduct research activities on specialized topics, it is required that the report will discuss and propose key policy findings leading to the strengthening of cooperation among Japan, ASEAN and Europe, followed by a brief description of fellowship activities.
(3) The fellow is also requested to contribute a short essay during and after the research activities to be published in the website of AEPD – the first one as a brief update of the fellowship, and the second as a wrap-up thought of the fellowship.
(4) In addition to the above (2) and (3), any and all aspects from the decision of the fellow to the completion of the Fellowship Program, such as the Fellowship acceptance procedures, the Fellowship research activity guidelines and so forth, shall be subject to the Terms and Conditions for the Fellowship Program for Fiscal 2017 and the relevant rules and regulations of three core institutions.
(5) In order to support the fellow’s research activities, circle trip ticket of economy class which goes around other two regions and returns to the point of origin and a stipend which covers accommodation, meal, commutation and other sundry expenses will be provided from the fellow’s home core institution. Further, small fund will also be available for long-distance travelling expenses within one region for research purpose.
(6) All those payments to the fellow for airfare, stipend and small fund are subject to the relevant rules and regulations of the fellow’s home core institution.
(1) This Fellowship Program is open to the mid-career level researchers conducting relevant and contemporary policy research or policy makers to whose career development such research will contribute. Possible topics may be transnational issues affecting ASEAN region and its partners such as environment, geographical security issues, social inequalities and economic growth.
(2) Applicants must hold nationality in either Japan, countries of ASEAN or those of EU.
(3) Applicants must be in good health.
4. Application Procedure
Application materials are a curriculum vitae, a research plan (see instructions below) and two letters of reference. They should be submitted to the applicant’s home core institution by the end of August 2017.
(1) The curriculum vitae (its sample form is attached as Exhibit 1) should include the following:
a. Name, Nationality, Date of Birth, Sex and Current Institutional Affiliation
b. Education (degrees, institutions, dates)
c. Employment History (rank, institutions, dates)
d. Honors and Awards
e. Significant Publications/Scholarly Works
(2) The research plan (its sample form is attached as Exhibit 2) should include the following:
(1) Selection decision is in the responsibility of the Steering Committee composed of representatives from three core institutions.
(2) The results will be announced to the applicants by the end of September 2017 and made public on the project’s website.
(1) The Fellowship Program’s commencement date should fall between October 1, 2017 and January 15, 2018.
(2) The research completion report with the approval of the fellow’s supervisor referred in Article 2. (4) should be submitted to the fellow’s home core institution with necessary financial report and vouchers by March 15, 2018.
7. Inquiries and Applications
From Japan (GRIPS) : email@example.com
From ASEAN (CSIS) : firstname.lastname@example.org
From Europe (EHESS) : email@example.com
EXHIBIT 1 CURRICULUM VITAE
1.- a. Name
- b. Nationality
- c. Date of Birth
- d. Sex
2. Current Institutional Affiliation