2. What do you call the part of the skeleton which protects the brain? How many bones are in a baby's head?
3. The parts of the skeleton which protect the heart and lungs are called the _______.
4. What do you call bendable places where some bones join together? Name six types.
5. What do you call the soft stuff in the middle of bones?
6. What is the longest bone in the body? The largest bone? The smallest bone?
7. Adults have how many bones in their bodies? How many bones do babies have?
8. Label the following parts on the diagram of the skeletal system you were given.
Spinal Cord Sternum
Ribs Pelvis (Hip Bones)
You only have to label the areas asked for above.
Femur Scapula (Shoulder blade)