1. The FOR Club is asking you to step it up a notch. In addition to the links of kindness let’s add some
applause for the good deeds in all of us. When you see someone doing something good give them an
applause by writing it down on the applause because forms located in the library, guidance and main
office, and hallways in 500, 600, 1000 buildings. Those given an applause will be recognized on
our website and entered into a drawing for a small token. You never know who’s watching. An
applause maybe coming your way!
2. Students and Staff: Calling all blood donors! The Girls' Service Club is sponsoring a blood drive on
Thursday, March 21 (A-DAY) in the old gym. Sixteen-year-old donors must complete a parental
permission form; all donors must present photo ID on the day of the blood drive. To sign up, please
see a GSC member by Friday, March 15.
3. All Students and parents of West Forsyth are welcome to join in and support the school by dining
Please dine-out on March 12 @ Which Wich to help support the West Forsyth Titans!!
4. *The West Forsyth PTSA Titan Leadership direct donation campaign needs your donation. We are
currently $10,000 away from our goal for the 2012-2013 school year. The PTSA Titan Leadership
direction donation campaign is the PTSA’s primary fundraiser for the 2012-2013 school year. Your
donation helps every student at West Forsyth. You received a brochure outlining our fundraiser and
its details in your student information packet at the beginning of the school year. If you do not have
this brochure anymore, they are available in the front office or on the website. However, you don’t
have to have this brochure to make a donation. You can just send your donation in an envelope
marked West Forsyth PTSA and have your student bring it to the front office. Remember, if all
families donate as little as $10.00 per student in your household we will make our goal. There is
still time in this school year to make this a successful fundraising year. Don’t forget to make your
1. SENIORS- There are still seniors who have not checked the spelling of their name for graduation.
1. The Crumley Roberts Founder’s Scholarship is an essay based scholarship, and the firm is looking
for students with a 2.5 GPA who have original ideas about how to promote attentive driving among
our younger drivers. The deadline is March 15th. To learn more please go to
2. The North Carolina Cooperative Extension is offering The Herter-O’Neal Scholarship to students
pursuing a college degree in a business related field of study. Please come by the guidance office
for an application. The deadline to mail application is March 15.
3. Boys’ State: On-line applications are now available for the 2013 Tar Heel Boys' State to be held at
Catawba College June 16 - 22, 2013. Boys' State is an excellent Leadership program with an
emphasis on State and Local Government, and is for Junior Boys only. The $325 fee will be paid by
American Legion Post 55 for those delegates selected. Filing deadline is April 9, 2013. Interviews will
be held at Post 55, April 13 and 14. Applicants will be interviewed from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM, first
come first serve. Applications should be mailed to: Jud Lamphear, 2nd Vice Commander, American
Legion Post 55, 111 Miller Street, Winston Salem, NC 27103. Phone: 336-813-6819. Boys' State
application, medical forms, T-shirt order forms, and Samsung Scholarship application form are
available at www.ncboysstate.org.
4. Seniors_interested_in_becoming_a_teacher'>Seniors interested in becoming a teacher can fill out an “I want to be considered” form by March v
15th to be considered for nomination for the WS/FC Retired School Retired Personnel Prospective
5. Summer Youth Leadership Program for Rising Seniors: Eight-week, paid internship to explore the
field of community economic development, as well as gain leadership training. Applications must be
submitted by Monday, April 15. Visit www.ncintiative.org/leadership-development/youth to apply
and obtain more information.
6. The Salem College Alumnae Book Award is presented to a junior young woman who demonstrates
outstanding achievement in classroom, active involvement in quality high school activities, and
displays exceptional character and commitment to the community. The award also includes an
$8,000 scholarship if the student chooses to enroll in Salem College. If you are interested in being
selected please come by guidance and complete a “I want to be considered “ form by March 27.
7. The North Carolina Central University of Winston-Salem Alumni Chapter Scholarship has extended the
failed for graduation can sign up in guidance. Please make an appointment to meet with your
counselor. The Extended Day Program will start 4th quarter (April 08, 2013 – June 04, 2013). No
transportation will be provided. The hours are 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. The deadline for signing up is
Friday, March 22, 2013.
9. Seniors-Applications for the OK West Scholarship for a West student athlete are now available in
guidance. Student athlete or parent must be a member of OK West. (Spring sport athletes that have
not played a sport yet this year can still join.) for 2-year or 4-year school. Completed applications
are due in guidance by March 27.
10. *Forsyth Tech Courses: If you are a rising junior or senior with a weighted GPA of 3.0 and
demonstrate college readiness based on ACT or SAT scores, you may be eligible to take courses at
Forsyth Technical Community College during the 2013-14 academic school year. High school students
are not eligible to take summer school courses at Forsyth Tech. There will be a meeting for interested
students and parents on Monday, March 18 at 3:45 in guidance.
1. Any Sr. Key Club member interested in the Kiwanis Scholarship application should come by and
see Ms. Carmichael in room 1027. The application is due on March 25, 2013.
2. Key Club is sponsoring the Smart Start of Forsyth County, INC./ Kiwanis Club’s 8th Annual Book Drive
March 1st - April 30th Donate new and gently used books for children ages 0-6 in the bin outside Ms.
Carmichael’s room (1027).
3. Girls' Service Club: Any club members interested in painting the rock, meet there after school on
Tuesday, March 12. You may also stop by to turn in donor cards and/or check the schedule.
Remember that all cards are due by Friday, March 15. Our next meeting is in the Media Center after
school on Tuesday, March 19. MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
4. Interact will meet Tuesday, March 12th in the Library, 3:45 to 4:30. Come hear about Creek Week!
There will be an activity on March 23rd.
5. Dance Honor Society- T-shirt money ($10) is due Friday, March 15.
6. The next FOR Club meeting will be March 13th at 8:15 and 3:45 in the Library, please attend one of
the meeting times.
7. *Latino Achievers meeting Thursday, March 14 at 3:45 in the Library. A representative of the CFNC
for the latino community will be there to help you with your CFNC account. Don't miss it!
1. *Come out tonight and watch the JV Men’s Lacrosse take on Davie High School at 5:30 pm.
2. *Varsity Men’s Lacrosse is on the road tonight vs Hickory High School. Game time in 6:30 pm.
3. *Congratulations to the Varsity girls soccer team on their 2-0 victory last night over Page High
School! Great game played by all. Make plans to come out and support the team again on Thursday
night against St. Stephens High School. JV starts at 5:00 and Varsity at 6:30.