1. “Be The Change You Want To See In The World”
2. Is The Colonial Mentality Hindering India’s Success?
3. GDP (Gross Domestic Production) Along with GDH (Gross Domestic Happiness) Would Be The Right Indices For Judging The Well-being Of A Country
4. Science and Technology Is The Panacea For The Growth and Security Of A Nation.
UPSC Civil Services Mains 2013 General Studies Paper (Official) – 1
Following are the topics on which questions were asked in today’s(December 3, 2013) General Studies Paper-1 (History, Society and Geography)
Full question paper would be made available in the evening. To quench your curiosity, we are posting raw questions now.
a) Tandava Dance form
b) Chola architecture – Features
3. Role of Indian Women in freedom struggle
4. Foreigners role in India’s Freedom Struggle
5. Role of Dalhousie – as a founder of modern India
6. Bhooodan and Gramadan Movements. Critically analyze.
7. Signifcance of the slogan “Jai Jawan Jai Kisan”
8.Contribution of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad to Freedom Struggle
9. Tashkent agreement – circumstances and highlights
10. Compulsion for India to help Bangladesh in 1971
11. Japan industrial revolution – factors and how different from the Western
12. Africa imperialism
13. American Revolution – mercantilism
14. Great Economic Depression – Policy instruments to contain it
15. Urbanization and associated social problems
16. Women organizations and role of male members in them
17 Effect of globalization on aged population
18. Regionalism and how it leads to separatist demands
19. a) continental drift
b) cyclone names and how they are named
b) Temperature Inversion and its Effects
a) Why landslides are more frequent in Himalayas than in Western Ghats?
b) Why Rivers originating from Western Ghats do not form Delta?
a) Why there are more sugar mills in South India?