Contestants should be 16-18 years of age as of January 1st of the current year (Jr. Fair age limit).
Contestants can never have been married.
The Queen contestants may not now or have ever been pregnant and have not adopted a child.
The King contestants may not have ever fathered a child or have adopted a child.
Contestants should be properly dressed. Girls - street length dresses or pant suits for interview and
formals for the pageant. Guys - dress slacks, shirt and tie for interview and suit and tie for pageant.
6. Contestants must be sponsored by a 4-H club, FFA chapter, Grange, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Jr. Fairboard, etc., in Darke County, that exhibit at the fair. Candidate must be a member of the group that sponsors them.
Each club can sponsor two king and two queen contestants. Each contestant can only be sponsored by
one youth organization.
8. Applicants will be interviewed individually on Monday, July 17th, for approximately 10 minutes. Interviews will start approximately 12:00 pm. Applicants will be informed of their interview time after entry blanks are turned in. Interviews will be at the All Seasons Place (Lighthouse Christian Center). Pageant practice will be held following interviews at All Seasons Place at 7:00pm.
9. The pageant will be held at 7:00pm, Tuesday, July 18th, at All Seasons Place, Greenville. Immediately following the contest will be the crowning of the King & Queen.
10. Each contestant will introduce themselves and tell what Jr. Fair, community and school activities they are involved in before the judges and audience the evening of the pageant. Finalists will then be announced and asked final questions by the 2016 Jr. Fair King & Queen.
11. The queen, king and three attendants each will be selected.
12. A queen must be able to represent Darke County at the Junior Fair Queen Contest at the Ohio State Fair the following year (subject to change of state fair rules by state fair officials).
13. If the queen is ineligible for the state contest, the 1st runner up will compete.
Basis for judging the contest (patterned after State Fair, County & Independent Queen Contests):
A. ACTIVITIES (School/Community/Jr. Fair participation, leadership, achievement, initiative)
14. King and queen should maintain the dress and poise of his or her position during the entire time of the fair.
15. King, queen and/or court will be given a list of activities in which he and she will be expected to participate throughout the fair. Also, you will be expected to participate in activities throughout your year’s reign such as parades and other county fairs. If you will be unable to attend the fair to carry out duties and responsibilities, please reconsider your participation in this contest.
DUE: JULY 1ST INTERVIEWS - JULY 17
TO: SENIOR FAIRBOARD OFFICE ATTN: BETH MARTIN PAGEANT - JULY 18
DARKE COUNTY FAIR
KING & QUEEN CONTEST APPLICATION * Please attach one wallet size photograph of yourself. Photo is for publicity purposes. Name Date of Birth / / Age _________
Address City Zip _________
Phone Number ________________________________________________________________________
Name of Parents School Attending ________________________ Name of Group you are representing ______________________________________________________ Years of involvement in Jr. Fair youth organizations __________________________________________ Are you a resident of Darke County? Yes No
Can you be present for the majority of the fair? _____ Yes _____ No
You may add additional pages if necessary. 1. LIST YOUR SCHOOL, COMMUNITY AND JR. FAIR ACTIVITIES AND HONORS:
2. WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE FUTURE?
3. WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE THE DARKE CO. JR. FAIR KING OR QUEEN?
4. ESSAY: WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE ABOUT OUR COUNTY FAIR AND WHY?