Which list had the most () checks?
Which list had the fewest () checks?
Did you have any lists that had the same number of () checks?
If so, which ones?
Do you think the list that had the most checks () tells how you like
to learn best?
1. (a) I remember new things best if I write the information down.
2. (a) I prefer reading to hearing a lecture.
(b) I prefer to hear a book on tape rather than reading it.
(c) I would rather play sports than read books.
3. (a) When I meet someone new, I am most likely to remember what they look like.
4. (a) I use diagrams and scribbles to communicate ideas and information.
5. (a) I like new information to be taught by using posters, videos, and pictures.
6. (a) When I take a test, I picture my notes or textbook in my head.
_____(b) When I take a test, I do better if I can tell about what I know rather than write about it.
_____(c) I can demonstrate my knowledge best when I can create something that explains what I have learned.
7. (a) I enjoy learning about new things by reading about them.
(b) I can remember more about something new if I can talk about it, rather than read it.
(c) I learn best if I get to make something related to what I am learning.
8. (a) I learn new words and vocabulary best by looking at the words over and over.
9. (a) I remember new things better if I write them down.
10. (a) I like to make lists of things I need to do.
11. (a) I like teachers who illustrate concepts with lots of diagrams and pictures.
12. (a) In my spare time, I would rather read a book.
13. (a) I like to take notes while I study.
14. (a) If I have to explain to someone how to do something, I like to draw pictures or diagrams to help explain.
15. (a) I can remember information from class if it is written on the board.
16. (a) I am good at reading maps and graphs.
17. (a) I prefer to see a map rather than listen to someone give me directions.
18. (a) When others are talking, I create pictures in my mind of what they are saying.
19. (a) I like to read magazines that use pictures and diagrams to illustrate the information.
20. (a) When I put something together, I always read the directions first.
For each group of responses, indicate with an X the item you marked as best representing you. Total each column.