10. Which online travel portal announced in June 2013 that it acquired GateGuru, the mobile resource for airport as well as flight information across the globe?
11. For which services did the O3b Networks (other 3 billion networks) launch a group of four satellites on 25 June 2013 in a Soyuz rocket from French Guiana?
a) Cheap Internet and Phone Services
12. Scientists in the Month of June 2013 have created the world's first high-definition 3D model of a complete human brain. What is the name of this human brain?
a) Big Brain
14. Scientist in month of June 2013 discovered a complete new species of bird in Cambodia's capital Phnom Penh. What is the name of this new species of bird?
a) Cambodian Tailorbird
16. By-election results of five states of India namely Gujarat, Maharashtra, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and ______________ were announced on 5 June 2013.
a) West Bengal
17. The Union Government of India on 7 June 2013 constituted a Standing Council of Experts (SCE) to access global competitiveness of Indian Financial Sector in the _______________?
a) Department of Economic Affairs
_18. The Union government of India on 8 June 2013 decided to launch National Higher education Campaign, named_______________, to focus on equity based development, improvement in teaching-learning quality and research.
a) Rashtriya Ucchatar Shiksha Abhiyan
19. Union government in month of June 2013 has reconstituted the National Advisory Council by including prominent sociologist _________ into the 12-member panel chaired by Sonia Gandhi.
a) Virginius Xaxa
20. Ministry of Rural Development on 7 June 2013 launched a new skill development scheme to offer employment to tribal youth in 24 Naxal affected districts. What is the name of this scheme?
23. In which city the Asian Athletic Championship is going to held from 3 to 7 July 2013 as declared by Maharashtra on 13 June 2013.
24. Which top seeded Tennis player on 16 June 2013 won Gerry Weber Open Halle ATP final after defeating Mikhail Youzhny of Russia by 6-7 (5/7), 6-3, 6-4 at the Gerry Weber Stadium in Halle,Germany.
a) Roger Federer
25. Which country won silver medal at the World Cup (Stage-II) Archery competition in Turkey on 16 June 2013. a) India
26. Name the person who headed the committee constituted by the Union Government of India to give clear definitions to Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and Foreign Institutional Investment (FII) with
an aim of removing the ambiguity from both types of foreign investments. a) Arvind Mayaram
28. Name the latest case in which Supreme Court of India practiced the Scope of Article 21 (Right to Life and Personal Liberty)?
a) Videocon case against three Ugandan citizens
29. Name the person who has been appointed the head of the committee to Examine Indecent Representation of Women in Media Constituted?
a) K Ratnaprabha
_31. Indian Air Force (IAF) received its first of the ten Boeing C-17 Globemaster III Aircraft from United States on 18 June 2013. The first C-17 Globemaster landed at ____________ Airbase in India?
a) Hindan Air Force Station Airbase
32. Name the state that made it mandatory to have an Aadhaar Card to withdraw salary from August for teaching and non-teaching staffs?
33. Name the writer of the book “Ambedkar Speaks (Trilogy)”?
34. Name the publisher of the book “Ambedkar Speaks (Trilogy)”?
a) Konark Publishers
35. SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India), the market regulator of India on 20 June 2013 notified guidelines for investment advisers and their associated person and made it compulsory for them to get the requisite certifications for them to operate in stock market. Name the body that will offer certifications for being an investment adviser?
a) National Institute of Securities Markets
37. Which global pharmaceutical company received novel antibiotic product Potentox patented from Mexico in June 2013?
a) Venus Remedies Limited
38. National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the purpose of joint promotion of corporate as well as securities market governance with which institute?
a) The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
39. Which bank announced on 19 June 2013 that it received a license for opening the representative office in Yangon, Myanmar?
a) The Export Import (EXIM) Bank of India
40. Where did Tata Coffee, the largest plantation company of Asia on 19 June 2013 inaugurate the premium extraction plant?
a) Tamil Nadu
__41. Where was the Early Tsunami Warning System (ETWS) installed? This system is capable to predict a tsunami immediately after an earthquake.
a) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
42. India and a top US science body in Month of June 2013 have forged an international organization to develop space __________. This is an initiative that has that possibly can solve the humanity’s energy needs and greatly extenuating climate change
a) Solar Power
43. Scientists at Jadavpur University in the month of June 2013 discovered that zinc-doped hydroxyapatite (HAP) which is a calcium phosphate-based bioceramic material has a stimulatory effect on _________ formation. a) Bone
44. What did the 2013 TERI (The Energy and Resources Institute) environmental survey published on 3 June 2013 indicated?
a) Air and Water Quality
45. The Genetic Engineering Approval Committee (GEAC) permitted certain companies as well as the research institutes for conducting the field trials of which kinds of crops?
a) Genetically Modified Crops
51. The World Bank in June 2013 slashed its growth forecast for China's economy for 2013 to _________percent from 8.4 percent. In its report, the World Bank stated that the main risk related to China remains the possibility that high investment rates prove unsustainable, provoking a disorderly unwinding and sharp economic slowdown.
a) 7.7 percent
54. India signed an agreement for loan of __________ million US dollars with World Bank for the National AIDS Control Project (NACP-IV) in New Delhi on 18 June 2013. The Objective of the project is to increase safe behaviors among high risk groups in order to contribute to India’s national goal of
reversal of the HIV epidemic by 2017. a) 255
55. When was the Nepal-India Economic Cooperation Programme launched? a) 1951
56. Name the school with which Indian embassy signed an MoU to help in development of the school building in Nepal.
a) Shree Higher Secondary School
58. Name the body of Afghanistan appointed by Hamid Karzai to negotiate with elements of the Taliban for Afghanistan Peace and Reintegration Program.
a) High Peace Council is a body of the
60. High levels of toxic radioactive isotope were found in the groundwater at which nuclear plant of Japan in June 2013?
a) Fukushima Nuclear Plant
62. Where will the Desiccant Enhanced Evaporative or the Devap air-cooling system be first used in India?
a) Nalanda International University
63. Researchers from University of Maryland in third week of June 2013 developed an eco-friendly battery using wood, tin and _________. a) Sodium
64. India in June 2013 offered _______ million Dollars credit to Myanmar for establishing a Special Economic Zone at Sittwe in Myanmar's Buyer's Credit Scheme under National Export Insurance Account? a) 150
65. The cash strapped new Government of Pakistan on 12 June 2013 announced hike of ___________ percent in its defence budget to 627 billion rupees for the fiscal 2013-14?
66. The Lower House of the Parliament of Russia on 11 June 2013 approved a bill that stigmatized gay people and banned providing children any information about homosexuality in the country. What is the name of the Lower House of Parliament in Russia?
a) State Duma
67. Ban Ki Moon, the UN Secretary General has asked the UN Security Council (UNSC) to enhance the strength of ___________ from 900 to its authorized strength of 1250 to maintain the peace along Syria-Israel borders in the Golan Heights.
a) United Nation Disengagement Forces
68. Nuclear Reactors of Areva, the French company will start the production first in China before supplying the production to _____________ in Maharashtra. The French Ambassador to India Francois Richier announced that Areva will facilitate two reactors to China. These reactors are under construction.
69. India and Thailand signed a treaty after two decades of negotiations. Name the treaty?
a) Extradition Treaty
70. Name the organization that has offered help to Pakistan for Polio Vaccination?
71. The UN Security Council on 31 May 2013 imposed sanctions on the Syrian rebel group,
___________ on account of its links with Al-Qaeda?
a) Al-Nusra Front
72. Parliament of which country that passed a bill that criminalized gay marriage, and made it punishable with a 14-year prison term.
73. China and the US agreed mutually to hold high level, regular negotiations on setting standards for ________________.
a) Commercial spying as well as cyber security
80. What is the growth percentage of India's food grain production in last nine years as it went up to 259 million tonnes in 2012-13 from 198.36 million tonnes in 2004-05 which is a result of government initiatives like National Food Security Mission, NFSM, and Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana?
88. Name the 13th seeded Indian Badminton player who on 9 June 2013 clinched the Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton trophy by defeating top seed and local favourite Boonsak Ponsana.
a) Srikanth K
91. A new type of which device was designed by three young techies from the North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology? This device contains a parabolic reflector that works in conjunction with the drum that contains water.
a) Solar Heater
93. Scientists while analysing fossil records in the Month of May 2013 have discovered a new
_________, which is dated back 66 to 80 million years. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option.
a) Three Horned Dinosaur _____________Download from