25. Indian Farmers Fertiliser Co-operative (IFFCO), on 11 May 2013 signed a long-term agreement with which Brazilian mining company for supply of rock phosphate?
a) Vale SA
28. Name the organization that granted India an observer status in the Arctic Circle? a) Arctic Council
30. Name the four countries that were granted the observer status in Arctic Circle by Arctic Council in May 2013?
a) India, China, Italy, Singapore and South Korea
33. Krishna Tirath on 16 May 2013 signed a ___________ Women’s Forum Resolution to empower Women.
a) IBSA Resolution
34. The European Union made decision in May 2013 to impose a continent-wide ban on the Pesticides namely neonicotinoids to help which species of insects? a) Honey Bees
35. Scientists of which country created the smallest droplets of the world? a) Switzerland
36. Name the technique that was used in generation of first Cloned Human Embryo by the American Scientists?
a) Somatic Cell Nuclear transfer technique
38. What is the name of world’s ultra-light substance created by Zhejiang University in China?
a) Carbon Aerogel
39. Tech Mahindra on 6 May 2013 signed agreement with which South African company to float a new company?
44. The monetary assistance under the Indira Awas Yojana (IAY), the housing scheme for the poor, giving priority to the scheduled castes, tribes and minorities has been raised by what amount?
a) 25000 rupees
46. The Union Government on 15 May 2013 had set up an expert Committee under the
supervision_____________ to evolve a composite index to measure backwardness of states.
a) Raghuram G Rajan
47. The government on 13 May 2013 approved new guidelines for the Indira Awas Yojna Scheme for rural poor. Which of the following statements about the newly issued guidelines are true?
I. Building Toilets has been made compulsory under the Indira Awas Yojna.
II. Manual scavengers freed bonded labourers and tribal groups will be given preference in allotments.
III. The allocation for each dwelling unit was increased from 45000 rupees to75000 rupees.
IV. In Maoist-affected and hilly regions, the allocation would now be 75000 rupees from the existing
48500 rupees. Landless labourers which were given 10000 rupees for buying land would now be given
_a) All the statements are true
48. Union Government of India on 16 May 2013 revised the criteria for creamy layer of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) from 4.5 lakh rupees to ________ lakh rupees to avail benefits of reservations in government jobs and admissions to central educational institutions. a)) 6 lakh
49. The Environment Ministry of India decided to put a ban on the trade of feathers of which bird as a measure to conserve the species? a) Peacock
52. Which organisation become the only organization in the world to design and successfully test a new concept of needleless vaccine delivery system?
a) Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
53. Name the Sun-powered plane that completed its first leg of journey with an aim to cross US on 4 May 2013.
54. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 2 May 2013 cleared 10500-crore rupees investment proposal in India for which company? a) IKEA
56. Telecom carriers Reliance Jio Infocomm, Dialog Axiata from Sri Lanka, Vodafone Group of the UK, Omantel from Oman, Etisalat from the UAE and Telekom Malaysia from Malaysia on 30 April 2013
formed a consortium to set up _________ submarine cable system to connect Singapore and Malaysia to the Middle East.
a) Bay of Bengal Gateway (BBG)
59. Bermuda and other British overseas territories on 1 May 2013 signed deals with financial centres on sharing___________.
a) Tax information
__60. Three Government ships of China in May 2013 entered into waters of Senkaku islands, which are disputed and controlled by Tokyo. The surveillance ships of China sailed 12-nautical-mile zone off the Senkaku islands that is also known as __________ by China.
65. The United States on 10 May 2013 slapped sanctions against four Iranian Nuclear Supply Companies and an individual for their attempt to procure goods for Iranian Nuclear Programme.
a) Aluminat, Pars Amayesh Sanaat Kish, Pishro Systems Research Company and Taghtiran Kashan Company
67. Name the country that joined the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) as its dialogue partner by signing an MoU?
68. India and Saudi Arabia in April 2013 decided to set up a joint working group to address the concerns of expatriate Indian workers in Saudi Arabia on ___________law? a) Nitaqat law
69. Turkey Treasury Undersecretariat on 26 April 2013 announced that it would close the debt chapter with IMF (International Monetary Fund) by refunding 422.1 million US dollars of capital as part of its
19th Stand-by. This will end Turkey’s _________ year long indebter category from IMF. a) 52 years
71. Ireland’s government on 1 May 2013 unveiled the Protection of Life during____________. It explains when life-saving abortions can be performed. Moreover, it’s a clarification of rights within
the ambit of Current law.
a) Pregnancy Bill
72. _____________ became the first southern US state to Abolish Death Penalty a) Maryland
73. The Union Cabinet on 6 May 2013 had cleared important changes to the National Rural Livelihoods Mission _________ in a major boost to the roll out of the women’s self help group model across the
country? a) Aajeevika
74. The Union Cabinet of India on 1May 2013 approved major changes to the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) with the objective of removing poverty in rural areas by empowering women. Approximately, 25 lakh Women Self Help Groups (SHGs) will be given bank loans at an interest rate of _______ percent? a) 7 percent
75. The Union Government of India on 8 May 2013 approved _____________ policy with an aim to create a secured Computing environment across the country?
a) National Cyber Security Policy
76. The Minister for Women & Child Development, Krishna Tirath on 9 May 2013 launched the World Bank assisted___________. The aim of the programme is improvement of child development and nutritional outcomes for children in selected districts having higher proportional of child under nutrition.
a) ICDS Systems Strengthening and Nutrition Improvement Project (ISSNIP)
77. Ministry for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution introduced amendments in the National Food Security Bill in the Lok Sabha on 9 May 2013 and placed the amended Bill for consideration and passing by the House. Which of the following statements related to the Bill are true?
I. The Government decided to move certain amendments to the Bill Based on the recommendations of the Standing Committee on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution
II. These amendments seek to make the framework of the proposed legislation simpler, provide more flexibility to States/UTs in its implementation and to address some of the concerns raised by them.
a) Statement I and II are only true
78. The US team of scientists found the mechanism which is responsible for the ageing process. Where is this mechanism located? a) Inside the brain
80. The IBM scientists on 1 May 2013 released the smallest movie of the world. What is the name of this movie?
a) A Boy and His Atom
81. The scientists at the North Dakota State University developed a process called _________ which can help embed the radio frequency identification (RFID) chips on the paper. Fill in the blank with an
a) Laser Enabled Advanced Packaging
Q. Six Forts of Rajasthan were included in the list of World Heritage Site of UNESCO and won international
recognition on 21 June 2013 in the 37th session of the World Heritage Committee (WHC) in Phnom Penh,
Cambodia. Name these six majestic forts?
Ans. Amber (Jaipur), Kumbhalgarh, Chittorgarh, Jaisalmer, Ranthambhore (Sawai Madhopur) and Gagaron (Jhalawar)
with the support of ......... MLAs after parting away with BJP? Ans. 126
Note: In the 243 member assembly, the ruling party JD(U) has 118 MLAs and it needed just four MLAs to
prove its majority. Four members of congress and one of CPI voted in favour of the trust motion. Four
independent MLAs also supported the motion.
Q. Dr. Manmohan Singh, the Prime Minister of India on 17 June 2013 took oath as the member of Rajya
Sabha. He was elected to Rajya Sabha for the ........th consecutive term from Assam? Ans. Fifth
Note: Repo is the rate at which banks borrow from the Central bank
Q. Who was appointed as the Chairman of AirAsia India on 18 June 2013? Ans. Subramanian Ramadorai
Note: He is the former head of the Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
Q. Which Indian pair won silver medal at the World Cup (Stage-II) Archery competition in Turkey on 16
Ans. Rajat Chouhan and Manjudha Soy
Q. Name the Tamil actor-director who passed away on 15 June 2013 at his residence in Chennai after a
cardiac arrest? Ans. Manivarnnan
Q. Name the Cycling Coach of Indian national team who was on 18 June 2013 died in a road accident near Nalgadha village on Noida Expressway in Uttar Pradesh? Ans. Ruma Chatterjee
Q. Name the fastest Super Computer in the world which was announced recently, developed by China?
Q18. Name the Indian origin journalist who became the Editor of UK national paper, The Independent, on 17 June 2013? Ans. Amol Rajan
Q20. Who was appointed as Chief Advisor of AirAsia India recently? Ans. Ratan Tata
Q24. Which Indian city will host the 29th annual meeting of the World Economic Forum (India chapter) to be held here in November 2013? Ans. Kochi, Kerala
Q25. World Day to Combat Desertification was observed across the world on 17 June 2013. What was the theme this year? Ans. Drought and water scarcity
Q27. Who was appointed as the head of the panel constituted by Union Ministry of Women and Child
Development on 19 June 2013 to examine aspects related indecent portrayal of women in mass media?
Ans. K Ratnaprabha
Note: He was the additional Secretary and Mission Director of National Mission for Empowerment of Women.
Q28. Who was selected as the President of UN General Assembly for its 68th session recently?
Ans. John William Ashe
Q30. Who was on 21 June 2013 appointed as the nodal officer for relief and rescue operations in the rainravaged Uttrakhand by the Union Government of India?
Ans. VK Duggal
Note: He was the former Union Home Secretary
Q31. Name the Boieng series Aircraft received by Indian Air Force from United States on 18 June 2013?
Ans. Boeing C-17 Globemaster III Aircraft
Q32. Where was the first-ever Chinese Film Festival inaugurated recently?
Ans. New Delhi
Note: Government of India and Government of China joined hands for organising the first ever Chinese
film festival in India from 18 June 2013 to 23 June 2013 at Siri fort Auditorium, New Delhi. Action
superstar Jackie Chan attended inaugural day of the Chinese film festival on 18 June 2013.
Q34. The World Refugee Day was observed on 20 June 2013 across the world to honour the courage, strength and determination of people who are forced to flee their homeland under threat of persecution, conflict and violence. What was the core message of the day?
Ans. 1 family torn apart by war is too many
Q35. Name the six world heritage sites of Syria which were placed on the list of World heritage sites by United Nations in light of ongoing conflicts in the country? Ans.
• The First NATO and European Country to Draft Women in Military Service- Norway
• The Indian-origin sculptor who was honoured with Knighthood, the highest honour of Britain by Queen
Elizabeth II- Anish Kapoor
• The Person who became only the second Hindu to be part of the Pakistan’s Punjab assembly after Seth
Bharta Ram- Kanji Ram
• The ambassador to the United Nations for Antigua and Barbuda who was selected as the President of UN
General Assembly for its 68th session-John William Ashe
• One of the founders of RAW, who passed away on 16 June 2013 in Chennai after a long fight with cancer-
• The Malaysian author who was declared as the winner of Walter Scott Prize for his English fiction novel The
Garden of Evening Mists- Tan Twan Eng
• The 29-year-year-old Indian origin journalist became the Editor of UK national paper, The Independent, on
17 June 2013- Amol Rajan
• The former head of the Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), was appointed as the Chairman of AirAsia India on 18 June 2013- Subramanian Ramadorai
• The Chinese supercomputer which is declared is the fastest computer of the world- Tianhe-2
2. Which company on 14 June 2013 unveiled the World’s Largest Container ship? a) Maersk Line
3. Who was appointed as the new Chairman of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) by the Government of India?
a) SK Roy
4. Name the 24 hours news channel which was launched by Media firm TV18 Broadcast on 13 June 2013 in UK?
a) News18 India
6. Which Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) got in-principal approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for establishing as well as operating White Label ATMs (WLAs) in the last week of June 2013?
a) Muthoot Finance
7. Name the Walmart India Head who resigned from the US retail giant on 26 June 2013.
a) Raj Jain
8. The European Commission (EC) on 26 June 2013 approved Inter Continental Exchange’s (ICE) proposed 8.2 billion dollars takeover of __________. a) NYSE-Euronext