A unique feature of this institute is that there is complete harmony among the management members. The office bearers are the same since its inception in the year 1968. Our management members are highly motivated individuals who sacrificed their life for the betterment of the college. We, therefore, decided to honour management members, who crossed 70 years, for their life time achievement / contribution. On 2-10-2001 we honoured these members under “Jeevan Gaurav Puraskar” life-time achievement award. Following management members are honoured with “Jeevan Gaurav Puraskar”
i. Shri Gurunathrao Chavan – Vice-president.
ii. Adv. Narayanrao Patil – Secretary
iii. Dr. Narayanrao Garad – Member
iv. Shri Bhudev Patil – Member.
7. It is a matter of pride for us that the first Principal of this college, Dr.J.M.Waghmare, became the first Vice-Chancellor of the newly established Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University at Nanded to which this college is now affiliated. He is also received “Shahu Ratna” Award, the highest award given to a teacher by the Management. He is also the Chairman of the “SAAC” State version of NAAC.
8. The Management tried its best to start Foreign Language Courses in our college. Initially Russian was introduced followed by German and French. German and French Language teachers left our college for better prospects but Russian is still taught here. Ours is the only college in Maharashtra State where Russian is taught as a second language. Under U.G.C. schemes our Russian Language Teacher was sent twice to Russia for attending (i) International seminar in 1978 and for (ii) Higher Studies in 1985.
9. Students who excel in studies and other activities are given a special “Merit Card”. They are given additional books. These students are also felicitated at a special function called “Gun-Gaurav Satkar”.
10. The college has an “Earn and Learn” scheme for poor students. This scheme is run through funds collected in the name of our former Principal Shri A.S.Jadhav. This fund is collected mainly through the former students.
11. On the teacher’s day i.e. 5th September every year college awards “Shahu Bhushan” to meritorious teachers for their contribution and devotion for the development of the college. Shahu Bhusan award is also given to non-teaching staff. All the management members remain present and interact with the staff.
12. Every year in the month of September (the month in which our university is established) the college organises for a week personality development camp. This is done in collaboration with Late Flight Cadet Prasad Shendge Memorial Trust.
13. From this academic year every student has to give a promise in writing at the time of admission stating that (s)he will follow all the rules and regulations of the college and will see to it that the campus is clean and pollution free. Students can write their expectations from the college.
14. Every month all the employees contribute Rs. 25/- for the common welfare fund. This amount is utilised at the time of emergencies. This welfare fund was utilised when Lab. Attendant Shri B.Y.Shinde died of Kidney failure. After his death, his wife started working in the college. Govt. has refused to pay her salary as there is a ban on employment. However, the management pays her from its own resources on compassionate ground.
15. The college is gradually computerising and Computer Literacy Training is given to the concerned staff free of charge.
16. The following of the staff members received National / State level awards.
a. Dr.J.M.Waghmare (First Principal of the college and first Vice Chancellor of Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded) received “Adarsha Shikshak Puraskar” from the State Government.
b. Shri A.S.Jadhav (Former Principal of the college) received National level “Priyadarshini Award” for his contribution in the field of education.
c. Dr.B.M.Mantale (Former Vice-Principal) received “Adarsha Shikshak Puraskar” from the State Government.
d. Shri V.B.Pawar (Major in the NCC) received life time achievement award known as “Raksha Mantri Puraskar” at the hands of State Defence Minister Mallikarjun on 26th January, 1995.
e. Shri. M.V.Bawage (Accountant) received National level “Yuva Puraskar” for his contribution in the field of social work at the hands of Youth and Welfare Minister, Govt. of India.
f. Shri V.G.Gaikwad (Director, Sports and Games, R.S.College Latur and Dean of Physical Education, Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada Universty, Nanded) received state level “Shiv Chhatrapati Puraskar” from the Government of Maharashtra.
g. Shri R.L.Kavle (Principal) received “Krutadnyata Award” from Lions Club, Latur.
h. The N.S.S. Programme Officer Shri M.R.Patil received “Best Programme Officer” award in 2002 by Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded.
17. We received grants / donations from the following
Name of the Donar
Shri Sharadraoji Pawar (Chief Minister)
Construction of College Building (in its Silver Jubilee Year)
Dr. Gopalraoji Patil, Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha)
18. Uniform for students is compulsory (From Junior college to P.G. classes).
19. Team of our teachers visits famous educational institutes of Maharashtra Educational Institutes, not only from Maharashtra, but also from Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh, visit this college to see its functioning.
20. The college received “Best Examination Centre Award” given by Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University.
21. Shri Kiran Shinde the President of Student Council of Rajarshi Shahu Mahavidyalaya, Latur is elected unopposed as “President of Students Council of Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada Univeristy, Nanded” for the academic year 2002-2003. He is also ex-officio member of SAAC.
22. On the very first day of every academic year college provides an educational diary in which academic planning, periods engaged, individual time table, leaves taken, academic calendar, etc. is included.
23. From the academic year 2002-2003 the college has decided to give awards to those teachers who fulfil their last university examination result target.
24. College also gives interest free loan to the teachers for the purchase of books on demand. Shri V.Y. Deshmukh took benefit of this scheme.
25. The college magazine “Shabdagandha” received the best college magazine award for the year 2001-2002.