1. An examination for the degree of B.ED.SPL.ED.(DISABILITY) in all written papers shall be held in the months of December and May or at such other dates may be fixed by the Academic Council. The examination for Practical, Skill in Teaching shall be held in the months of December and May or at such other dates as may be fixed by the Academic Council.
A supplementary examination shall be held in the months of December and May or as fixed by the Academic Council. The examination shall be open to candidates who have been declared reappear.
2. The examination shall be open to:
(a) Candidate with at least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelors Degree and/or in the Masters degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Humanities, Bachelor’s Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, has undergone the course of training for the Degree of B.ED.SPL.ED.(DISABILITY) for two years at a college/Department of University, admitted to the privileges of the University for this examination and *has attended not less than 75% of the total number of lectures delivered in each paper/subject and 75% of the periods held in practicals/map work, in each paper/subject during the academic year (The college/department of university shall be required to deliver at least 75% of the total number of lectures prescribed for each paper/subject). The shortage in the attendance of lectures by the candidates will be condoned as per the university rules.
*A student who is unable to appear in the examination owing to shortage in the prescribed course of lectures in the subject or subjects may be allowed to appear at the following examination, if he, makes up the deficiency in the subject or subjects concerned by attending lectures at a college/department of university admitted to the privileges of the Punjabi University.
* No Examination Form will be accepted after this date.
5. The examination shall consist of the three parts as under:
Part – I : Theory
Part – II : Practical
The scheme of examination and syllabus shall be as prescribed.
6. Internal assessment marks as indicated under the parts concerned shall be recorded by the Principal of the college/Head of the department on the recommendation of the teacher-incharge during the period of training. The marks thus awarded shall be forwarded by the Principal/ Head of the department to the University office. University may appoint an observer to inspect the record of the internal assessment of the lesson etc.
7. Hindi, English and Punjabi shall be the medium of Examination. The candidates who have not studied the subject of Punjabi in lower examination may answer questions in Hindi medium. Candidates offering teaching of Indian languages (Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu) in the B.ED.SPL.ED.(DISABILITY) course shall be allowed to answer their questions in the relevant language. Candidates offering teaching of Music shall be allowed to answer their questions either in Hindi or Punjabi or English.
Question paper shall be set both in English or Punjabi languages.
8. The number of marks required to pass the examination shall be as under:
The minimum pass marks in each paper will be 35% and 40% in the aggregate. Provided that where there is practical, a candidate shall be required to pass in theory and practical examinations separately.
Grace marks shall be allowed according to Ordinances relating to ‘Award of Grace Marks’.
9. A candidate who is unable to clear the examination within four consecutive chances shall not be allowed to continue his/her studies for the B.Ed.Spl.Edu (Disability) course; Provided that a candidate who is unable to appear in one or more chances owing to illness will be given next succeeding one or more chances missed by him/her on application accompanied by a medical certificate and duly recommended by the Principal of the college/Head of the University Department as per ordinances.
10. A candidate who fails shall be permitted to take the examination in which he fails. Such a candidate shall pay prescribed examination fee on each occasion. He shall be permitted to appear in the supplementary examination of the same semester and at the next semester examination in the following year on payment of prescribed examination fee on each occasion.
11. The successful candidates shall be classified as under:
(b) 50 per cent and above, but less than 60 per cent, second division.
(c) Below 50 per cent, third division.
The result published will indicate the divisions mentioned above and the marks obtained by the candidate on the combined total of four semesters. The detailed certificate will indicate marks obtained in each of the semester in each paper. The merit of a candidate shall be determined on the basis of the total scores obtained in both semesters.
12. Four weeks after the termination of the examination or as soon as may be the Registrar shall publish a list of the candidates who have passed.
13. The marks awarded to a candidate in the Internal Assessment will be carried forward when he is permitted to reappear in subsequent examination. The marks obtained by a candidate in Internal Assessment shall be valid even if he remains absent in the external examination.
14. (i) A person who has already passed the B.ED.SPL.ED.(DISABILITY) examination from this University may be allowed to offer an additional subject from any of the offered subjects other than those in which he/she has already passed the B.ED.SPL.ED.(DISABILITY) examination. In case of teaching subject such as language, Mathematics, Science or Social Studies, the candidate should have already passed the graduate/Post-graduate examination with that particular subject as an elective subject. In addition to the written paper, the candidate shall undergo practical test in the teaching of the additional subject taken by him/her and for this he shall complete school practice for forty working days under approved supervision. College/Department of the university will allow admission in those subjects where facilities are available.
(ii) In the colleges of education affiliated to the Punjabi University, Patiala, candidates who have passed B.ED.SPL.ED.(DISABILITY) from this University can join as casual students. The rules pertaining to the Methodology of Teaching which are applicable for regular students, also apply to those who take an additional teaching subject. This will include teaching practice for forty days under the supervision of college of education covering demonstration, observation and discussion lesson etc. The required teaching aids pertaining to the additional subject will have to be deposited.
(iii) A teacher, who has a teaching experience of 5 years in a recognized educational institute and wants to offer a teaching subject as an additional subject, will be exempted from teaching practice. However, he/she will have to deliver the required discussion lessons and will deposit the relevant teaching aids in the teaching institution.
(iv) The candidates will deposit fee for one semester and will send his/her admission form and fee for examination through the concerned Principal/Head of the Department of University.
(v) The examination for such candidate shall be held in the month of December and Examination for Methodology of Teaching will held in May or on such other dates as may be fixed by the Academic Council. The amount of examination fee to be paid for appearing in additional subject under these ordinances shall be as prescribed. The minimum number of marks for passing the additional subject for B.ED.SPL.ED.(DISABILITY)Examination shall be 35%.
Outlines of Tests
The syllabi of the above course will consist of following two parts:
Part- I: Theory 1400 Marks
Part- II: Practical 600 Marks
Bachelor of Education - Special Education
2015-16 & 2016-17
The syllabi of Bachelor of Education - Special Education course to be covered in four semesters as follows:
Evaluation in every semester will be external as well as internal.
Each theory paper will be of three hours duration. This semester will consist of six papers and one Practical.