services Surveys are carried out by N.S.S. unit in the adopted slum areas. Various surveys were conducted in the adopted areas i.e. Ravidass Majri and Valmiki Majri.
Areas of surveys:-
* Health & Hygiene on 19/3/2012.
* Hygiene & Sanitation on 18/3/2014.
* Beti Bachao, Beti padhao on 18/3/2015.
* Hygiene & Sanitation on 21/3/2015.
* Gender Inequality on 19/3/2015.
Observations of the surveys were:-
* Approx 50% adult were found illiterate.
* 80% women were found anaemic.
* Most of the resident were not aware about Beti Bachao,
* There was stagnant water.
* Most of the resident were suffering from dental problems.
How community was benefited. N.S.S. Units of the college organized
different activities in collaboration with Civil hospital, Bharat Vikas Parishad,
Rotary Club, Divya Jyoti Sansthan and Inner Wheel Club, Ambala City for
* Free Dental Check-up Camp was organized. Doctors advised the residents to
follow health routine for teeth, prescribed medicine and dental treatment,
free tooth paste and brushes were distributed.
* A free blood test camp was organized. Those who were found anaemic, were
counselled and advised to take healthy food and free Iron tablets were given
* People residing in slum areas are more prone to water borne diseases and
Other communicable diseases. So a camp was organized on Hygiene &
Sanitation where volunteers of N.S.S. Unit demonstrated the ways of
keeping the surrounding areas clean and made them aware about benefits of
* Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao is a very important issue in present times.
Gender inequalities and crimes against women are the biggest problems or
obstacles in the social progress of two country. For the awareness of masses, a
Rally on the topic was organized by the N.S.S. Unit. Through slogans and
posters volunteers tried to bring awareness among general public about the
rights of girl child.
N.S.S. units also work for the social cause of Environment Protection and
Equal rights of women. For this, N.S.S. Unit launched tree plantation drives
from time to time. Plants were distributed among the residents of surrounding
areas and volunteers taught them the ways of protecting of trees and benefits
we can drive from them.
Mrs. Rekha Garg (Asso. Prof. Dept. of Economics) was appointed as Master Trainer for census (Population Enumeration) conducted in Haryana w.e.f. 9th Feb 2011 and got ‘Appreciation Letter’ for the work done.
∗ Researchinputscontributingtonewinitiativesandsocial development * The Research on Gender Issues has helped to work for and promote gender
equity through Awareness Rallies and stage shows on elimination of violence
against women. N.S.S. Volunteers also enlightened women and made them
aware of their rights.
* The Research on Gandhian and Nehruvian Thoughts and Philosophy has
helped to appreciate the relevance of their thoughts for promotion of
universal peace, harmony and tolerance.
* The Research programmes undertaken by Gandhian and Nehru Studies Centres
have created more opportunities for enlightened and empowering women.
* The Research on ‘IT and its application’ and ‘Role of Software Engineering in
Enhancing the Quality of Higher Education’ by Dr. Kiran Angra, Principal of
the college has facilitated an understanding of benefits of technology in
education. It also helped to understand how IT is useful in updating the
* Poster presented by our faculty member Miss Jyoti (Lecture in Environmental
Studies) on ‘Food and Nutrition’ helped to understand the importance of
nutrients in day-to-day life.
3.4.2 Does the Institute publish or partner in publication of research journal(s)? If‘yes’,
configurationofeachavailablesystem) - (List attached). See Annexure 4.3.1 • Computer-studentratio: 1:1 (number of students is 20 in a lab of 20 computers).
• Standalonefacility- 20 in Lab 2.
• LANfacility: Computers are connected via LAN using switches and structured cabling.
• Wi-Fifacility: Wi-Fi facility is available in the college. Routers are installed on