There are a number of societies which are formed at the beginning of every academic session. These societies organize a wide range of activities such as workshop on Gender issues, Community Hygiene and Sanitation, Drug De-addiction, Stress Management, Traffic Awareness and Road Awareness, Best out ofWaste, AIDS Awareness, Environment Awareness, Reservation and Promotion of Culture and Heritage etc. These activities consists of competition about quizzes, debates, workshops, rallies, poster making, talks, slogan writing, essay writing, photo exhibition, outreach programmes, free plantation and cleanliness, paper exhibitions, social advertising etc.
Refer to Criteria 7.2.1
1. Display of Books / Exhibitions: - New books are displayed at the Display Window near the entrance of the Library to bring these to the notice of readers. Exhibitions are also arranged periodically on some topics of interest or on a particular subject.
2. Display Board:-Current information on various aspects e.g. information related to health, career, religion, etc. is displayed on display boards of the college.
3. Clipping File:- A clipping file is maintained by the Library to have a record of all the information related to the college covered in the newspapers from time to time.
4. Library Orientation Programme:-A Library Orientation Programme at the onset of the session is a regular feature of the college. The aim of the programme is to educate the fresher’s about important role of the library in widening their horizon and an introduction to the library’s resources and services is also given. This programme is organized in two parts which include “instructional” under which guidelines and instructions on how to make the best use of the library services are given. Second part of this programme is the personal contact programme in which all the students are taken around the library to acquaint them with the layout, setup and wealth of the library. All the students are taken the round the library by the library staff and are taught the basics of how to locate a book and how to use the OPAC to search the location of a book.
4. Book Exhibition:- Library department has a healthy tradition of organizing book exhibition on all important local, national and international events is a regularly organized by the library with the motive to acquaint the students with the relevance and importance of such events. The department organized a book exhibition “Know Your Library” in the beginning of the session. The objective of this exhibition was to make wealth of the college library known to the students of the college and to enable them to read maximum number of books.
5. Library Society:- In order to associate the college students with activities of the college library, LIBRARY SOCIETY has also been constituted.
6. Library Related Competition:- As part of the readers motivation programme,the library department organized the following competitions from 25th to 28th November 2013 :-
Book /Reference Hunting
Book Jacket Making
The sole objective of these competitions was to bring the college students to the library and to inculcate love and interest for reading of good books. 53 students participated in these competitions.
7. Collection Building: The college library purchases books of more than Rs. 4.50 Lakhs and subscribes several new subject journals. Total number of newspapers, magazines and journals is 17, 48 and 40 respectively. The collection of books is approximately 38,800.
Other activities performed in the Library:-
1. Distribution of SC/ST Grant:-SC/ST students are provided free books and stationery under a scheme of the Govt. of India.
2. College Magazine:-College magazine is also distributed in the library by the library staff.
3. Sale of prospectus and admission forms:-Prospectus and admission forms are sold in the library by the library staff.
4. Making of Identity Cards:-Library Department issues Identity Cards of all the students on rolls in the college.
5. Purchase of books for annual prize distribution of the college:-Every year prize coupons for the meritorious students are issued by the department of library and books are also purchased by them.
5.3.3 How does the college seek and use data and feedback from its graduates and employers, to improve the performance and quality of the institutional provisions?
Feedback from the students about the performance and quality of institution is taken as it is a reflection on their way of teaching. ACRs of employees are also filled up and graded on the basis of performance of the employees by the employers. Feedback is analyzed for the appraisal and corrective measures are takenfor the smooth functioning of the entire institution.
5.3.4 How does the college involve and encourage students to publish materials like catalogues, wall magazines, college magazine, and other material? List the publications/ materials brought out by the students during the previous four academic sessions.
The college magazine ‘Amaranth’ is the annual magazine of the college. Releasing every year in new session, it marks the culmination of all the activities of the college.
Main contents of magazine are given below:
The Department of English also publishes its Newsletter every year. It consists of write ups on activities conducted by the department throughout the year and is filled with articles & facts which are illustrated with pictures.