4. Write in your notebook the characteristics represented in Ernest Hemingway’s short story “Cat in the Rain”?
a) The narrative is fragmented.
b) There is a resolution in the end.
c) It shows a slice of life.
d) The couple is facing a crisis.
5. What’s the setting of the short story?
6. Who is the main character in the story?
7. How are the exiles depicted in the short story?
8.In this story, the expression “cat in the rain” is used in its normal literal meaning and figuratively as well. To what/whom does it refer in the literal meaning and in the figurative meaning? Answer in your notebook.
9. What verb tenses are used in the narrative part of the short story? Why?
10. Write in your notebook the phrase(s) which best describe(s) the narrator in this short story?
C is an individual who is employed by a search engine to review and rate websites.
D is someone who creates web-based applications by using programming languages.
E is someone who works with the visual elements of a Web page.
F can be either a Web developer or a Web designer. He or she usually works alone doing both jobs as he or she maintains a website. In addition, he or she may be responsible for search engine optimization (SEO), web content writing, and/or marketing.
G is someone who sets up and maintains accounts on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and any other social media site that pops up. He or she might work for a public relations director or alongside a branding consultant. Whatever the case, this person needs to keep the content fresh, monitor user feedback and create a persona for the company – all through the click of a mouse.
H monitors how users interact with the site, answers users’ questions or listens to their feedback to see what they want in a site and reports the results to the site owner.