8. Why did everyone else eventually accept Robinson and the integration of baseball?
People finally realized that Robinson was an excellent player and that skin color was irrelevant.
9. What kinds of details are included in the essay?
Details included in the essay are facts, ideas, reasons, examples.
10. What is the general purpose of the essay?
The general purpose is to provide information about how baseball was transformed into a better sport when it was integrated.
11. What quality made Robinson a great baseball player?
His bravery in being the first African American in Major League Baseball.
12. What other qualities helped Jackie Robinson challenge the color barrier in the major leagues?
His intelligence as well as his physical, athletic skills helped him meet the challenge. He was brave to stand up to insults; willing to accept advice not to fight back; and an outstanding ball player who helped the Dodgers win with his hitting and base-running.
13. In what order are most of the details presented?
The order that events happened.
14. Why do the authors include information about racism?
It tells why Jackie Robinson had to be brave to succeed in the majors.