1. Upon entering the room, put books away in designated areas. No books or supplies should be on the tables or the counters.
2. Read the board, it will tell you exactly what you have to do immediately.
3. When teacher is ready everyone should be quiet and listen to importnt directions for the lab.
4. Always wash hands before working with food. Hands should be dried on brown paper toweling.
5. While working in the kitchens, everyone is expected to follow their lab plan. There should be no arguing as to what each student is to do. If a group member is absent, someone else must take care of their tasks.
6. You are expected to be in your own kitchen not wandering around in others.
7. If you need help, please call me using an indoor voice.
8. No food is to be consumed until the product is complete. Spoons and rubber spatulats ore not to be licked or tasted.
9. Return all supplies to their designated area and restock or break down trays for the next class. If anything needs to be cleaned, please do so.
10. Only go in the cabinets with numbers on them unless directed by me.
11. Do not use work units, counters or tables as seats.
12. Each member must assist in the general housekeeping of the kitchen.
13. No hair should be combed in the room. It is recommended to secure long hair when cooking.
14. No one should leave the classroom until I have dismissed your group or the class. On lab days, the room must be completely cleaned up and equipment returned.
15. All groups must complete a lab rubric and turn in to teacher before leaving.
Directions: Work with a partner/small group and list all the ways you can think of, that a person could be injured in the kitchen. List each accident in it’s appropriate category. Suggest preventions for each.