KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH VÀO LỚP 10 THPT NĂM HỌC: 2017 – 2018
I. Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest. Câu 1. A. spread B. cream C. bread D. head
Câu 2. A. classmate B. pressure C. embarrass D. missing
II. Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest. Câu 3. A. sociable B. aggressive C. serious D. confident
Câu 4. A. disappointed B. independence C. environment D. electricity
I. Choose A, B, C, or D that best completes each unfinished sentence; best substitutes the underlined part; or has the same meaning to the sentence above.
5) After Jack's mother died, he was __________ up by his aunt.
A. brought B. grown C. taken D. set
6) - Excuse me, have you ever been to Japan? - __________.
A. Don't mention it B. Sorry, I can't C. No, I don't D. Never
7) - Do you like pop music or jazz? - I don't like ___________ of them. I prefer classical music.
A. either B. neither C. both D. any
8) __________ is enjoyable.
A. Cards playing B. Playing card C. Play cards D. Playing cards
9) The house _______ is more than 100 years old.
A. where I live B. where I live in C. in where I live D. in that I live
10) "Excuse me, is anybody sitting here?" - " ___________"
A. No, thanks B. Sorry, the seat is taken C. Yes, I am so glad D. Yes, yes. You can sit here
11) "Did you see that film on Saturday?" Susan asked me.
A. Susan wanted to know if I had seen that film on Saturday. B. Susan warned me not to see that film on Saturday.
C. Susan invited me to go to the cinema with her. D. Susan told me to see a film on Saturday.
12) I always try to have a healthy, balanced _________.
A. food B. product C. diet D. exercise
13) Talk to me like that again __________.
A. and I'll hit you B. so I'll punish you C. however you'll be hit D. therefore you'll be punished
14) You should __________ attention to what your teacher says.
A. pay B. show C. take D. give
15) All of us found the film very __________.
A. amusable B. amusing C. amuse D. amused
16) You ________ water the flowers since it's going to rain.
A. daren't B. needn't C. can't D. mustn't
17) I can't understand anything Marie says. I wish I _________ French.
A. speaking B. could speak C. can speak D. speak
18) It is ________ to fail a job interview, but try again.
A. disappoint B. disappointment C. disappointing D. disappointedly
19) The students are very anxious _________ the results of the examination.
A. to B. for C. with D. about
20) I really want to relax, so I'm going to do a lot of _________.
A. tidying B. cooking C. washing D. sightseeing
21) Look out! A bus is coming in front of us. We _________ an accident.
A. shall have B. are going to have C. are having D. will have
22) The dictionary _________ by my mother yesterday is necessary for my English study.
A. bought B. to buy C. that bought D. which bought
23) He has just recovered from a serious illness.
A. He has just got over a serious illness. B. He has just got along with a serious illness.
C. He has just got through a serious illness. D. He has just got up a serious illness.
24) If we didn't _________ any measures to protect whales, they would disappear forever.
A. do B. use C. make D. take
25) - That's the phone ringing. - I _________ it.
A. will get B. will be getting C. am getting D. am going to get
26) It is compulsory for students in some schools ____________ uniforms.
A. to wear B. worn C. wear D. wearing
27) Peter remembered and so did Mary.
A. Peter didn't forget and neither did Mary. B. Both Peter and Mary forgot too.
C. Peter didn't forget and Mary did either. D. Peter didn't forget and so did Mary.