ACT II Test Dates
El Segundo High School’s code is 050-845
Late Fee Deadline
Items of Interest: Colleges look at quality and content of courses taken, overall difficulty of high school program, and in certain borderline cases, commitment to extracurricular activities, and the ability to express oneself in a written essay and/or interview.
Try the following web sites:
Looking for the best college? Try the following web sites:
csumentor.edu for Cal States
UCOP.edu/Pathways for U.C. Schools
CCCapply.org for Community Colleges
Important Tips and Reminders for the Class of 2014!!!
* Become friendly with our website for CRUCIAL information!www.eshscounseling.weebly.com
* Read the Junior Scuttlebutts and Calendar for important dates and information
* COLLEGE NIGHT IS OCTOBER 10TH at 5:45pm at ESHS!!
* Sign up for College Week Live for important information
*Self survey for the college bound student: Go to www.usnews.comlook for the "College Personality Quiz"
*http://www.collegeboard.orgUse Big Future College Match Search
* Register to take the PSAT on October 20, 2012 at ESHS (sign up with Mrs. Thompson in the Main Office. Cost is $20 and Juniors get priority registration until October 1st. Deadline to register is October 16th)
* Create accounts on www.collegeboard.com and www.ACTstudent.org
* Register to take the ACT and SAT in the spring of this school year. Go to websites and check dates. (www.collegeboard.comandwww.actstudent.org.) * Letters of Recommendation (Begin searching for a teacher or counselor who knows you best!)
* Watch for Bulletin announcements * Make up ANY grade of D or F in A-G coursework by the end of your Junior year
* Finish Junior year strong- this GPA is critical! * UC Campuses have stated that meeting A-G requirements does NOT guarantee admittance to a UC campus; it only means they will consider you for admission
* Clean-up your social networking accounts (FaceBook, Twitter, MySpace, etc.) and make sure that all pictures and posts are appropriate and something you wouldn't mind on the front page of the newspaper!!! * ASK QUESTIONS and DON'T PROCRASTINATE!!! College Information Sessions
Date and Time
University of Melbourne Virtual Fair for International Students