Symposium on“ Frontier of Mathematical Sciences “, March 1985, 25– 29, Organized by Bharat Ganitha Parishad , heldat Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur –208016,India, Paper presented-Thermal effects in lubrication of cylindrical rollers considering cavitation.
International Symposium on “Mathematical Modeling of Ecological, Environmental and Biological system”, August 1985, 27-30, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Paper presented –Thermal effects in lubrication of synovial joints.
Symposium on “Surface Effects in Tribological systems, Lubrication and Maintenance” at Regional Institute of Technology (N IT), Jamshedpur,India, July 1986.
The Pondicherry Institute of Co-operative Management, A unit of the Pondicherry State Co-operative Union, Pondicherry”, conducted two-day seminar on “Leadership Development Program for the Members of the Board of Directors of Co-operative Societies in Yanam from February 2-3, 2001.
Symposium on IT & e-Governance ( SITeG’2004), Conducted by National Informatics Centre Yanam, on 9th January 2004.
Training Program on HIV / AIDS and Women’s Rights, conducted by Pondicherry University ( Centre of Adult and Continuing Education, C-ACE), from February 2004, 27-28.
Short Training Program on “ Computational Fluid Mechanics “, Conducted by Dept. of Mathematics and Humanities, National Institute of Technology, Warangal – 506004, India, January 2007, 15 – 19.
96th Indian ScienceCongress, January 2009, 03-07, held at North Eastern Hilly University, Shillong, Meghalaya, India; Paper Presented: Lubrication of rollers by Non- Newtonian Compressible fluids flow with squeezing.
One day NationalSeminar on “Innovative Teaching and Learning Methods in Technical Education, MVR Collegeof Engineering and Technology,Vijayawada, India, 14th February, 2009.
A two day National workshop on “ Mathematical Techniques and Applications in Engineering Problems during 6th - 8th November 2009, GMR Institute of Technology, Rajam , Srikakulam, A.P., India.
International Conference on “Recent Advancement in Mathematics and Studies Association“ , during 19th - 22nd Dec. 2009, Gayatri Vidya Parishad Engineering College, Madhuravada, Vishakhapatnam, India.
National conference on “Challenges on human development” from 21 January to 22ndJanuary, 2010, Dr. S. R. K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam, U. T. of Puducherry, India.
A two day seminar on “The innovative Ideas in Teaching – Learning Evaluation Process” conducted by Dr. S. R. K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam, Govt. of Puducherry, India from 15th - 16th Nov., 2010.
A two day National Conference on Engineering Science , Technology and Applied Sciences, M.V.R. College of Engineering and Technology, Paritala , Vijayawada, India, 12 - 13th March, 2010. Paper presented: Thermal effects in hydrodynamic lubrication of asymmetric rollers using Runge-Kutta Fehlberg method with step size control, Proceedings: page No. 110 – 120.
National conference on Advance Mathematics and its Applications CAMA ‘ 11, 25th - 26thFebruary 2011, D.A.V. College, Bathinda ( Punjab), India, Paper presented: Analytical solution for Lubrication of rollers by Power Law Fluids with thermal effect including cavitations, Proc., PP. 106-114.
A National conference on mathematical Modeling and Computer Simulations& A symposium on understanding Nature and Society using Science and Technology,July 7th - 9th , 2011, Bhabha Group of Institutions , Aunaha Shivali Rasoolabad Road, Kanpur ( Rural ) – 209204, U.P., India.Paper Presented: Some analytical solution for lubrication of rollers with two dimensional power lawconsistency variation including thermal effects, squeezing and cavitation.
99th Indian ScienceCongress, January 2012, 03 - 07, held at KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odissa, India; Paper Presented: Lubrication of rollers by Non- Newtonian Squeezing Film of Journal Bearing with temperature effect, Indian Science Congress, Mathematics session, P.88.
XXI Congress & National Conference on Application of Mathematics in Engineering, Physical and Life Sciences, S. V. University, Tirupati, 07/12/2012,AP Science Congress Proceedings, p.49
U.G.C. National workshop on “role of teachers in motivating youth for National Development” V.S.M. College Ramachandrapuram, 12th February 2013.
E- Literacy Program (for IT and non-IT ), conducted by ICT Academy of Puducherry from 7th - 19th April 2013 at Dr. S. R. K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam.
National Workshop on Recent Trend in Mathematics, organized by Dept. of Science and Humanities, Vignan University, Guntur on 13th July2013.
International Conference on Advances in Tribology and Engineering Systems, from 15th - 17th October, 2013, L. D. College of Engineering ( Gujarat Technical University), Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
Fellowships and Awards:
1.Gold Medal Awards in B. Sc. & M.Sc.
2.National Merit scholarship 1976-1978 for post graduate programme
3.Fellowshi at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur from 1982 July to 1989 April
Any other Information:
1.Recognized as Research Guide leading to Ph.D. and M.Phil. by Pondicherry University.
2.SASTRA University, Tanjavur, Tamilnadu, India.
Name : Tmt.S.KrishnaVeni
Designation : Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Phone : 0884-2321791; 9441491375
e-mail : email@example.com
Academic Profile(PG Onwards):
1. M.Phil in Mathematics from Madurai Kamarajuniversity, Madurai, 2000 Dissertation titled Abstract Algebra-“Commutative Algebras”
2.M.Sc in Applied Mathematics from Andhra University, Waltair, December, 1979
Additional Qualification :
Passed Diploma in Music-Karnatic Vocal from ANDHRA UNIVERSITY in August 1973.
All India Radio Artist from Visakhapatnam
Date of Joining in this service: 26.12.1988
Orientation courses attended:
1. Academic Staff college, University of Hyderabad. from 18.06.2009 to 15.07.2009.
Refresher courses attended:
1. Academic Staff College, University of Madras, Chennai, from 05.11.2009 to 25.11.2009
2. Academic Staff College, university of Mysore, from 10.06.2010 to 30.06.2010
3. Academic Staff College, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry from 20.12.2011 to 09.01.2012
1.Participated in a Two-Day National Conference on “Challenges in HumanDevelopment” on 22nd and 23rd January 2010 at Dr. S.R.K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam.
2.Participated in a Two- Day Seminar on “The Innovative Ideas in Teaching- LearningEvaluation Process” on 15th and 16th November 2010 at Dr. S.R.K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam.
3.Participated in a Seminar on “Nanotechnology” on 13th March 2012 at Dr. S.R.K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam.
4.Participated in a 3 days Training Programme on E-Literacy (IT and Non-IT) at Dr. S. R. K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam from 17th to 19th April 2013.
Additional charges if any:
1. Coordinator for UGC Merged Schemes –XI plan –“Colleges located in rural/Remote/Border /Hill/Tribal Areas.
2.Treasurer, Alumni Association of College
3. Member, Co-curricular Advisory Committee
------------ Name: ARIGELA V. V.S.MURTHY Designation: Assistant Professor
Pursuing Ph. D. in JNTUK, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh
M.Tech.(CST with CN) from AUCE(A),Visakhapatnam,Andhrapradesh
M.Phil. in Mathematics from Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, Tamilnadu
M.Sc.(Applied Mathematics) from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
12 Years of Teaching Experience UG – 12 Years
Date of Joining:
Hourly Paid Lecturer: 6th January 2003
Casual Consolidated Assistant Professor: 26th October 2010
Regularized Assistant Professor: 03rd January2013
Orientation Course Attended:
Attended a 28-day UGC sponsored Orientation Programme at University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad from 28th June to 25th July 2013.
Refresher Courses Attended: NIL
Workshops /Seminar/ Conferences: Participated in One-day Orientation programme on “PC HARDWARE AND TROUBLESHOOTING” on 21-12-2008 at Gayatri Vidya Parishad Degree College, Visakhapatnam.
Participated in a Two-Day National Conference on “Challenges in Human Development” on 22nd and 23rd January 2010 at Dr. S.R.K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam.
Participated in the National Seminar on “MODERN TRENDS IN APPLIED MATHEMATICS” during 9,10 October 2010 at Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
Participated in a Two- Day Seminar on “The Innovative Ideas in Teaching- LearningEvaluation Process” on 15th and 16th November 2010 at Dr. S.R.K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam.
Participated in a Seminar on “Nanotechnology” on 13th March 2012 at Dr. S.R.K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam.
Participated in a 3 days Training Programme on E-Literacy (IT and Non-IT) at Dr. S. R. K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam from 17th to 19th April 2013.
Participated the audit courses on Research Methodology Intellectual Property rights & Patents as well as credit course on “Computational Numerical & Statistical Methods by using MATLAB” during 1st May 2014 to 30th May 2014 conducted by JNTUK, Kakinada.
8. Participated and Organized a National Conference on Emerging Trends in Mathematical Sciences and Engineering Applications (ETMSEA-2014) held on 23rd and 24th of May, 2014 at JNTUK University College of Engineering, Kakinada.
9. Participated in a Two-Day Worhshop on “Mathematical Principles of Cryptography & Cryptanalysis” on1st &2nd December 2014 at University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad.
Additional Charges If Any:
Secretary of Students' Co-operative Stores of Dr. S. R. K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam
Name: GRANDHI G.H.K.S. PRABHAKAR
Designation: Assistant Professor
Phone No: 09502224759
Academic Profile (P.G. onwards):
M.Phil. in Mathematics from Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, Tamilnadu
M.Sc. (PURE MATHEMATICS) from Pondicherry University, Pondicherry.
Teaching Experience UG – 14 Years
Date of Joining:
Hourly Paid Lecturer: 03-11- 1998 to April 2002 & 27-02-2004 to 25-10-2010
Casual Consolidated Assistant Professor: 26th October 2010
Regularized Assistant Professor: 03rd January2013
Orientation Course Attended:
Attended 28 days UGC sponsored Orientation Programme at University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad from09th Jan 2014 to 5th Feb 2014
Workshops /Seminar/ Conferences:
1. Participated in a Two-Day National Conference on “Challenges in Human Development” on 22nd and 23rd January 2010 at Dr. S.R.K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam.
2. Participated in a Two- Day Seminar on “The Innovative Ideas in Teaching- Learning Evaluation Process” on 15th and 16th November 2010 at Dr. S.R.K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam.
3. Participated in a Seminar on “Nanotechnology” on 13th March 2012 at Dr. S.R.K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam.
4. Participated in a 3 days Training Programme on E-Literacy (IT and Non-IT) at Dr. S. R. K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam from 17th to 19th April 2013.
5. Participated and Organized a National Conference on Emerging Trends in Mathematical Sciences and Engineering Applications (ETMSEA-2014) held on 23rd and 24th of May, 2014 at JNTUK University College of Engineering, Kakinada.
Additional Charges If Any: In Charge of Director of Physical Education of Dr. S.R.K.Govt. Arts College, Yanam..
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
Dr. B.Raghunatha Chary
M.Sc., M.Phil, Ph.D
The department was started during 2007-08 with an intake of 20 students at entry level.
The students study Mechanics, Kinetic Theory, Thermo Dynamics, Oscillations and Acoustics, Quantum Mechanics besides allied Mathematics, Environmental Studies and Languages.
In second year the students study Optics, Electricity, Magnetism and Electrodynamics, Electronics besides allied Chemistry and Languages.
In third year the students study Statistical Mechanics, Solid state Physics, Laser and Molecular Spectroscopy Digital Electronics, Astrophysics, Electromagnetic Waves and Relativity, Atomic Physics, Nuclear Physics, Communication Electronics and Numerical Methods and Computer Applications.
Students' Pass Percentage in University Exams
The department has conducted seminars by involving the students as presenters. The seminar topics were chosen from third year syllabus.
The following III. B. Sc., students gave the seminars during 28th - 30th March 2011, with enthusiasm and interest:
1. Mr.TVD Sai Ram Tarun Kalla on the topic “Eigen value and Eigen functions”.
2. Mahesh Allu on the topic ‘Hydrogen Atom and Schrodinger Equation”. 3. Naveen Kanth Dandumenu on the topic “Solutions and Schrodinger Equations”.
Name :Dr. B.Raghunatha Chary
Designation :Associate Professor of Physics
Academic profile PG onwards
1. Ph.D in Physics from Indian Institute Of Science, Bangalore,1985
Thesis titled”Vibrational spectroscopic and dielectric studies from ferric crystals”
2. M.Phil in Physics from University of Hyderabad, 1979
3. M.Sc in Physics from Osmania University, Hyderabad.1978
Date of joining in this service: 06.12.1988
1. Vibrational spectroscopic study of the structural phase transition in LiCsSo4; Current Science, 53, 1984, 980-982.
2. Laser Raman Spectroscopic study of ferroelectric LiCsSo4; Pramana, 24 , 1985, 545-557.
Orientation courses attended:
1. Academic Staff College, Pondicherry University from 05.06.1991 to 02.07.1991
2. Academic Staff College, Osmania University, Hyderabad, from 03.01.2003 to 24.01.2003
1. National seminar of Chemical Physics, Pondicherry University, 9th -11th February, 1990
2. National conference on “Challenges in Human development” Dr.SRK Govt ARTS College, Yanam, 22nd to 23rd January, 2010
3. A two day seminar on “Innovative ideas in teaching-learning evaluation process” Dr.SRK GAC, Yanam, 15th -16 th November , 2010.
Fellowships and Awards:
1. Leverhulme post doctoral commonwealth fellowship award from Molecular spectroscopy unit, University of Bradford, England
Additional Charges if any:
1. Coordinator, Remedial coaching, UGC merged schemes, 2011-12
DEPARTMENT OF ZOOGOGY
Thiru. RV Gopala Rao
(HOD) Associate Professor
Dr K. Sree Latha
The department was started during 1980-81 as the first science branch of the college with four faculty members with intake capacity 12 students. Now strength of the students has been raised to 20 at entry level.
The students study Cell Biology, Animal diversity I & II, Animal Physiology besides Botany, Environmental studies as allied papers and Languages during first year.
In second year they study Animal Diversity III & IV, Endocrinology and Genetics besides allied Chemistry and Languages
In third year they study Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Instrumentation and Techniques, Evolution and Ethology, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, Developmental Biology, Applied Zoology and Aquaculture as theory papers as main and there will be no allied papers and languagepapers.
All the three year studens will have Practical classes in accordance with the theory papers.
In addition to regular teaching faculty of Zoology are keen to undertake research work.They successfully completed a project sponsored by DST Pondicherry during 2007-08.They are actively involved in conducting seminars, educational tours.
They are inspiring the to secure University ranks.
A student was awarded gold medal in University examinations during 1993-94. Selvi Reddy Satya Sunnetha (2007-10) was awarded a Gold Medal in the University examinations. The faculty members successfully completed a project sponsored by DST Pondicherry during 2007-08.
Students' Pass Percentage in University Exams
Pass percent %
Achievements: The faculty members viz. R.V. GopalaRao, Dr. P. Madhavee Latha, Dr.K. Sree Latha & Dr. K. Sankaraiyah successfully completed a project on ``Impact assessment of particulate matter in relation to human health in Yanam region`` sponsored by DST Pondicherry during 2007-08.
The following students of this department stood toppers in Pondicherry University Examinations. They were awarded Gold Medals in the University Convocation.
Name of the students
Mr.P. Naga Prasad
Ms. Reddy Satya Suneetha
(April , 2011)
23-01-2013 Regional seminar on Marine Diversity
Zoology Deprtment organized a Seminar on “Forests and Wild Management” on January 7 th 2011. By Dr. Anil Kumar IFS, Conservator of Forest, Puducherry.
The following staff members were invited as Resource persons by various departments in Yanam.
Mr.R V Gopala Rao was invited as a resource person by the Dept. of Fisheries,
Yanam. He redelivered a talk on `Ornamental Fishes` during September 2010.
Dr.P.Madhavee Latha was invited by Nehru Yuva Kendra as a resource person on the occasion of International Women’s Day on 08.03.2010.
Dr.P.Madhavee Latha was invited by Nehru Yuva Kendra as a resource person on the occasion of International Women’s Day on 08.03.2011
Dr.S. Rajasekharan was invited by Government Polytechnic, Yanam as a
Name : R.V.Gopala Rao
Designation : Associate Professor
Phone Number : 9440649301
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of joining : 05-12-1983
1 M.Sc Andhra University, 1977
2. M.Phil Histological and Histochemical studies on the body wall of some digenetic
Trematodes. Andhra University, 1979.
3. B.Ed Annamalai University, 1981
1. Orientation course in Zoology. Pondicherry University. 1987
2. Orientation course in Zoology. Andhra University. 1988
3. Refresher course in Zoology. Pondicherry University. 1988
4. Refresher course in Zoology. Sri Venkateswara University. 1992
5. Refresher course in Zoology. Banaras Hindu University. 1994
1. National seminar on Eco-restoration and sustainable development organized by Dept of Environmental sciences Andhra University and Environmental research academy International, Visakhapatnam on 7-10 Oct 1995
2. National conference on “Human Development” organized by the Dept of Economics. Dr. SRK Govt Arts College, Yanam
3. The Innovative ideas in teaching-Learning evaluation process organized by Dr.SRK Govt Arts College, Yanam, on 15th -16th November, 2010.
Orders received 1).24.2.1995, 2) .22.May, 1995, and 3).26 th December, 1994 from Group Commander,NCC Group H/Qs, Puducherry.
5.NSS ORIENTATION /REFRESHER COURSES
July 8-20, 1992. NSS Programme Officer General Orientation , Madras School Of Social Work, Chennai
Aug. 9-14, 1993. NSS Programme Officer Refresher Course, Madras School Of Social Work, Chennai
30.8.2004 to 3.9.2004. NSS Programme Officer Refresher course, Madras School Of Social Work, Chennai
NATIONAL INTEGRATION CAMPS
25 th October to 3 rd November , 1992. National Integration Camp, NSS, Kakatiya University, Warangal, Andhrapradesh
17.11.1992 District Rural Development Agency, Participated in the Poverty survey in annurany
20.2.1993. NSS State level Workshop on “SAARC Decade Of The Girl child”Directorate Of Education , Pondicherry.
23-24 th January, 1993 Film Appreciation Course, National Service Scheme, Navadarshan Film society, Pondicherry.
31.5.94-15.7.94 Supervisor in the State Wide Socio-economic Survey organized by the Institute of Community Development, Pondicherry University. Under the auspices of the State level Committee for Backward Classes, Government of Pondicherry.
10 th January to 12 th January, 2002. Participation in AIDS Education programme for NSS functionaries held at Puducherry
3.12.2002. Participated in Issuing of identity Cards, Department Of Social Welfare, Pondicherry
27 th July, 2002 Participated in the Special Orientation for the NSS Programme Officers of Pondicherry UT on Water Resource Management Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru college Of Agriculture and Research Institute, Surakudi, Karaikal.
AIDS AWARENESS PROGRAMMES
28.9.2002. Participated in AIDS Education Programme for Community leaders held in Pondicherry University Talks AIDS , NSS Regional Centre , Chennai
13.12.2003. One Day AIDS Education Programme jointly organized by State NSS cell and Pondicherry AIDS control society.Pondicherry.
21 st to 27 th December, All India Youth camp for National Integration organized at Pondicherry, Sri Aurobindo Educational Society.
30.1.2004 to 31.1.2004. Certificate of Appreciation Awareness Programme On HIV and AIDS Centre For Adult and Cntinuing education, Pondicherry University.
27.2.2004 28.22. 2004 Certificate of appreciation Training programme on HIV AIDS and Women’s Rights for Teachers organized by Centre For Adult and continuing education, Pondicherry University.
7-8 th February, 2004 State level Workshop on programme Development for NSS Programme Officers of Pondicherry U.T Organised by State NSS Cell , Conference Hall, Civil Station , Mahe.
12 and 13 February. 2005. State level Workshop on disaster Management for Programme Officers organized by State NSS Cell, Pondicherry, at Yanam.
29 & 30 th October, 2005 Orientation on disaster Management NCC Group Head Quarters, State NSS Cell, Pondicherry.
12.12.2005-13.12.2005. 2 Day workshop for Master trainers on “Disaster Management”. Organised By State Training Centre, Puducherry.
19.11.2005 to 25.11.2005 South Zone Interstate NSS Festival and World Heritage week at Hampi, Karnataka, State National Service Scheme Cell, Archaeological Survey of India, Gulbarga University
15.1.2006 to 24.1.2006. South Zone Inter State NSS Special Camp. National Service Scheme Cell, Pre University Education , Bangalore R.L.S Pre University college, Dharwad, Zilla Panchayat, Dharwad.
PROGRAMME OFFICER NSS
1991-1995 Arignar Anna Government Arts College, Puducherry-8
2001-2005 K.M.Centre for P.G. Studies, Puducherry-8
PROGRAMME COORDINATOR NSS FOR COLLEGES, PONDICHERRY.
2005- 2006 State NSS Cell, Puducherry (part time)
APPRECIATION LETTERS RECEIVED
Principal, A.A.Govt.Arts College, Karaikal gave letter of appreciation for bagging THE STATE AWARD for having conducted AIDS awareness college compaign programme.23.11.92-1.12.92
Principal, A.A.Govt.Arts College, Karaikal gave Appreciation letter for collection for the Armed forces Flag day. 11.12.1991
Capt. B. Umapathy,Dy Programme Advisor, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Youth Affairs and Sports , Chennai gave Appreciation letter for programmes and activities undertaken, their implementation with emphasis in quality and the resultant outcome.5.2.93
Administrator, Karaikal Appreciated for having conducted Below poverty Line Survey in Thirunallar commune.2.4.1992
Princiapal, A.A.Govt.Arts College, Appreciated for collection of Armed forces flag Day and communal Hormony. 4.1.96
ORIENTATION AND REFRESHER COURSES
6. Four Week Orientation course, Academic Staff College, Pondicherry University. 3.10.1991 to 30.10.1991.
7. Three weeks Refresher course in Environmental education at Pondicherry University,
8. Refresher course in Zoology, Academic Staff College, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, 27th February, 1997 to 16 th February, 1997.
9. Refresher course in Biotechnology Pondicherry University. 15.3.2001 to 4.4.2001.
TRAINING PROGRAMMES /WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
22ND August to 5th September, 1995. Management Of Freshwater fish Seed forms, at Fresh water fish Seed Forms Balabadrapuram (A.P) of Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Bombay.
5.5.97 to 19.6.1997. Brackish water Aquaculture Production technology, ARTC of CIFE, Kakinada, A.P of CIFE, Mumbai.
3 August 30 to September, 3, 2005. Advanced Training Programme On Sustainable fishing. Organized By Department Of Fisheries Biology and Capture fisheries . Tamilnadu Veterinary And Animal Sciences University, fisheries college and Research Institute, Thoothukudi, Tamilnadu.
4. 14 and 15th March, 2008. UGC sponsored Workshop on PCR Technique for DNA amplification and disease diagnosis, Centre for Advanced Study, Annamalai University, Parangipettai.
5. September, 30, 1994. Workshop on Access to Medline & Agricola Databases. Pondicherry University.
6.March 29-April 1 Workshop on Computer applications in Molecular Biology” Pondicherry University.
8. 24-26TH March, 1993. Workshop on Water Quality assessment. AVC College (Autonomous), Mannampandal,Tamilnadu.
8.National workshop on Recent advancement in structure based drug design methods., Sponsored by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India Pondicherry University in association with Schrodinger, USA. February,17 -,19.2010. Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics, Pondicherry University.
220.127.116.111 Attended one day workshop on e-content Zoology –Cell biology UG level F.Y B.Sc level Video coverage –MHRD –UGC programme at EMMRC, Gujarat university , Ahmadabad, India. Prepared script for two topics, Membrane transport and Meiosis as a subject expert. Along With Dr. DD. Jhala Assistant Professor, Zoology Dept, Gujarat University, Ahmadabad and submitted for approval to Dr. M.V. Rao, Co-ordinator, e-content Zoology, EMMRC, Gujarat University, Ahmadabad.
10.17-19,2010.National Workshop on Recent Advancements in Structure Based Drug Design Methods.Organized By, Pondicherry University ,Centre for Excellence in Bioinformatics.
UGC NATIONAL SEMINARS ATTENDED/PAPERS PRESENTED
1.November, 14-16, 1985 2nd International symposium on Life Sciences
NEHU , Schillong.
2.28-30th January, 1989. Association of Medical Physicists Of India. X Conference on Medical Physics. Kidwai Memorial Institute Of Oncology, Bangalore.
3. 5th March, 1993. Regional Seminar on “Horizons in Biotechnology”, Pondicherry University
4.March 17, 1995. Seminar on Horizons in Biotechnology, Centre for Biotechnology, Pondicherry University.
5. March, 6, 1998. Harizons on Biotechnology.Centre for Biotechnology, Pondicherry University
6.March 8-9, 1999. Seminar on Recent Trends in Bioinformatics & Internet resources. Pondicherry University.
7.14-16th December, 2000. National symposium On “Environmental crisis and Security in the New Millennium”Role of Immunomodulators i.e vitamin C and vitamin e on resistance to systemis Ectodermal Mesodermal Bacculo viral infection in P. indicus. Pondicherry University.
9. 6-8, February, 2002. Seminar on “New Trends in Bioinformatics”. Distributed information sub Centre, Pondicherry University.
10. 17-19th February, 2004; National Symposium On Recent Trends In Biological Research organized by Department Of Botany and Microbiology AVVM Sri Pushpam College (autonomous) Tamilnadu. *Adjudged as Best paper in Oral presentation
11. 25-27 January, 2004. XXII annual symposium on Reproductive Biology and Comparative Endocrinology. Annual symposium on Reproductive Biology and Comparative Endocrinology. University Of Madras.
18.104.22.1685 to 19.3.2005. Re-Engineering higher education towards Excellence. NAAC sponsored state level workshop organized by Bharathidasan Govt. College for women (autonomous), Pondicherry.
13.7-9 February, 2005. XXIII National symposium on Reproductive Biology and comparative Endocrinology. Viswa bharathi University, Santhiniketan.
14. 30 th September and 1 st October, 2005. Recent Trends In Biotechnology. Department Of Biotechnology. Srimad Andavan arts And Science College, Thiruchirapalli
15.December 8-9, 2005. The national Academy of Sciences India. Seventy fifth annual session of the National academy of sciences, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry
16.21-22nd July 2005. UGC Sponsored National conference on Aquaculture Biotechnology. Dichlorovos toxicity induced biochemical and histological changes in gills of freshwater fish Oreochromis mossambicus(Peters).Department Of Zoology & Biotechnology. AVVM Sri Pushpam college (Autonomous) Poondi. Tanjavur district, TamilNadu, India.
17.21-22nd July 2005. UGC Sponsored National conference on Aquaculture Biotechnology. Role of biopesticide from Calotropis gigantean and its impact on Aquatic toxicity.Department Of Zoology & Biotechnology. AVVM Sri Pushpam college (autonomous) Poondi. Tanjavur district, TamilNadu, India.
18.December 19-22, 2007. 2nd Annual Congress of Mycology and Plant pathology. Antimicrobial property of Latex and plant extract of calotropis gigantean (L.r)B.r. Indian society of Mycology and Plant Pathology , Osmania University, Hyderabad, A.P. India
19. 3.5.2008-4.5.2008 UGC sponsored National conference on Landscaping Territary Education for Sustainable Knowledge Society. Bharathidasan Government college for women (Autonomous), Puducherry.
20. 26 and 27th July, 2008. National Knowledge Commission’s Report & Its Implications on Higher education. Organized by K.M.C.P.G. Studies,(autonomous) Puducherry
21. October, 17-19, 2008. AIFUCTO 26 th Academic Conference, 2008. Inclusiveness in Higher Education Organized By federation of University and college Teachers Associations in Karnataka (FUCTAK).
22. 6-7 th November, 2008. National Seminar on Recent Trends in Biodiversity Conservation and Documentation. Mahatma Gandhi govt Arts college, Mahe.
23. 18th March, 2009. Autonomy for Excellence in Research, Organized By K.MCPG Studies, Puducherry-8
24. 29-30th January, 2009. National symposium on New vistas for Mycology in Meeting Global Challenges and 35th Annual meeting of the Mycological Society of India.The biodiversity conservation and documentation of Mushroom population In Puducherry.Centre for advanced study in Botany, Madras university.
25. 9-12 th February, 2009, MECOS 09. International symposium, Marine ecosystems challenges and Opportunities. CMFRI, Cochin
26. 6-7th March, 2009. UGC sponsored National conference on “Recent trends `In Bioscience-21 st Millennium, BIOS 2009. Studies on spontaneous and induced chromosomal abnormalities in hamsters and hamster cell line with special reference to Growth and ageing.. Annamalai University.* Acted As a Chairperson for One Technical session.
27. 8-9th March, 2009. UGC National seminar on Current Trends in environment and Biosafety-SCEB-2008.The microbial property of bioactive compounds on fish anabas testudineus (bloch). Annamalai University.*Acted as Chair person for one Technical session.
28. XX111 All India Cell Biology Conference International workshop on cell cycle regulation. December, School Of Life Science, University Of Hyderabad. -500046. India.Paper presented.December,10-13,2009
29. January, 18-20, 2010. National Environmentalists Association of India. 3 rd National conference of the Association on Environmental Science and Technology for Sustainable Development. IQAC Government college for women, Srikakulam, A.P
30. National Conference on Aggredize of Life Science, 2010, ALISCI-2010, Department Of Zoology,Annamalai University. Acted as a Chair person. 29th to 30th March, 2010.
31. 12-13, 2010, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,, National symposium on Ecosustainable Management of plant diseses, current status and emerging trends.paper presented.
32. January,22-23,2010. National conference on challenges in human development. The shrimp economics in coastal aquaculture in India.Govt of Puducherry. Dr. SRK Govt Arts College, Yanam.
33.January,25, 2010. International seminar on structural biology, Centre for Bioinformatics. Pondicherry University.
34. 28th Meeting of the Society for Reproductive biology and Comparative Endocrinology February4-6, 2010, Special centre for Molecular Medicine, JNU, NIHFW, New Delhi. International Symposium on Endocrinology and Reproduction. Molecular mechanisms to Molecular medicine. Paper presented.
35. UGC sponsored National Seminar on The Impact of Climate change on Biodiversity ICCBD-2011. 21 and 22 January 2011, Organised By Department Of Plant Science KMCPG Studies.Autonomous-A college with potential for excellence, Puducherry-605008. Paper presented.
36. International Symposium on Current trends in endocrine and Reproductive Health and 29 th Annual Meeting of the Society for Reproductive biology and Comparative Endocrinology SRBCE -2011, February 10-12. 2011. Organised by Department of Studies in Zoology , University Of Mysore, Mysore-5570006, India. Paper Presented.
37. National conference on Emerging trends in Biological Research NCEBR ’11, February 21 st and 22nd, 2011 . Organised by Department of Zoology, University Of Madras, Maraimalai Campus, guindy, Chennai-600025, Tamilnadu , India., Paper presented, acted as a Chair person for a session Cancer Stemcell Biology and Nanotechnology. Acted as a judge for poster presentation.
38. UGC sponsored National conference on advances in environmental Research An Interdisciplinary Approach.11th and 12th March, 2011organised by Department Of Zoology, Annamalai University. Paper presented, acted as a Chair person for one session.
39. March,1st, 2012.National level Seminar on “Herbal Remedies & Health Management “ Herbal-12, attended and presented paper. Indo-american College, cheyyar-604407,Affiliated to Thiruvallur University, Vellore.
PAPERS PUBLISHED IN NATIONAL/INTERNSATIONAL JOURNALS.
M.Santha Kumar, M. Balaji and K. Ramudu. Effect of Sublethal concentrations of Monochrotophos on the Ethological responses of an Air-Breathing Fish, anabas testudineus (Bloch). Ecol.Env.Cons. 6 (2), 2000 pp. (175-177)
M.Santha Kumar, M. Balaji and K. Ramudu Effect of Monochrotophos on the Acetylcholinesterase activity of air breathing fish Anabas testudineus.. Asian Jr of Microbiol, Biotech & Env. Sci. vol. 1. N0. (3-4); 1999; 136-138
M.Santha Kumar, M. Balaji and K. Ramudu Effect of Monochrotophos on plasma Phosphatase activityof a fresh water fish Anabas testudineus (bloch).Poo Res. 19 (2): 257-259 (2000)
Kadem Ramudu, Kanuru Sreelatha, C. Josephine Paulina, v.M. Preetha Kumari and M.Bharathi. The influence of additive supplements on Latex of Calotropis gigantean induced toxicity in fish anabas testudineus (Bloch) Recent trends in Biological Research Proceedings Of the National Symposium, February, 2004.
S.Manoharan and K.Ramudu. Toxic Impact of chlorpyrifos on gills Studies on freshwater fish Oreochromis mossambicus (peters) Environmental Crisis and Security in the New millennium. Edited By Dr. Anisha Basheer Khan. 2005
C. Kalivardan and K.Ramudu Toxic Effect of chlorpyrifos on Biochemical and histological changes in Liver of Freshwater fish Oreochromis mossambicus (peters) Environmental Crisis and Security in the New millennium. Edited By Dr. Anisha Basheer Khan. 2005
P.Bertha Gnanajhothi and K.Ramudu Role of Immunomodulators i.e. vitamin c and Vitamin E on resistance to systemic ectodermal Mesodermal Bacculo Viral (SEMBV) infection in shrimps (Peneaus indicus) Environmental Crisis and Security in the New millennium. Edited By Dr. Anisha Basheer Khan. 2005
S.Rajeswary and K.Ramudu Studies on Toxicological Effects of Chlorpyrifos in the Brain of Freshwater Fish, Oreochromis mossambicus (peters) under sublethal exposure. Environmental Crisis and Security in the New millennium. Edited By Dr. anisha Basheer Khan. 2005
K. Ramudu and V.C. Shah. Effect of X-rays on cell cycle and chromosome aberrations. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences India Vol LVIII Section –B Part IV, 1988.
Kadem Ramudu. Effect of antioxidants on X-ray induced DNA SSB and DSB in different cell systems. Journal of scientific and Industrial Research, Vol. 57, Oct & Nov. pp 746-751.
Ramudu, K, Arogyadoss, S, Ramaswamy, N, Panicker, T.M.R, Jagadeesan, K. Chromosome pattern in diabetes mellitus. The Antiseptic, November 1988.
K.Ramudu and V.C. Shah. Age dependent distribution of sister chromatid Exchanges and chromosome aberrations in Bone-Marrow of Hamster species.. Cell and chromosome research, Vol. (9) 2, 1986 pp 51-54
K.Ramudu and V.C. Shah. Induction of sister chromatid exchanges in Chinese hamster Ovary Cell line by some ant metabolites. .. Cell and chromosome research, Vol.9 (3) 1986 pp. 79-81.
K.Ramudu. Sex determination and differentiation in Man. Junior ScientistVol. 30, N0.5, October, 1992.
M.Santhakumar, M.Balaji and K.Ramudu. Effect of sublethal concentrations of monocrotophos on erythropoietin activity and certain hematological parameters of fish Anabas testudineus (Bloch). Buillitin of environmental contamination and Toxicology, 1999, 63, 379-384
K.Ramudu In vitro study of cytotoxicity by U.V. radiation and differential sensitivity in combination with Alkylating agents on Established Cell systems. Cellular and Molecular Biology 37 (2). 139-147, 1991.
M.PHIL THESIS GUIDED
Bertha Gnanajyothi P. 1997. Role of Immunomodulators vitamin c and Vitamin E on resistance to SEMBV infection in shrimp Penaeus indicus. M.Phil thesis, Pondicherry University.
Shanthakumar , M. 1998. Studies on toxicological effects of monocrotophos in an air breathing fish anabas testudineus (bloch) under sub lethal exposure., M.Phil theis , Pondicherry University.Received Gold Medal
Saravanan, K.R. 1998. Effects of selected pesticides azodrin and gamma lindane in Tilapia mossambicus, M.Phil thesis, Pondicherry University.
Soumady, 1998. Effect of Organochlorine pesticide gamma lindane on histology and biochemical studies in Tilapia mossambicus (peters), M.Phil thesis, Pondicherry University.
Pradeepha , J, 1999. Studies on the sublethal effects of mercuric chloride on fresh water fish oreochromis mossambicus (peter) under sublethal exposure, M.Phil Thesis, Pondicherry University.Received Gold Medal
Bhuvaneswari, s. 1999. Effect of mercuric chloride on biochemical and histological changes in muscle of fresh water fish Oreochromis mossambicus (Peters) M.Phil thesis, Pondicherry University.
Sathishna Gokuldoss, 1999. Toxic impact of mercuric chloride on gills and kidney studies on fresh water fish, Oreochromis mossambicus (peter) under sublethal exposure. M.Phil thesis, Pondicherry University.
Rajeswary, S, 2000 Studies on toxicological effects of chlorpyrifos in the brain of fresh water fish Oreochromis mossambicus (peter) under sub-lethal; exposure), M.Phil thesis , annurany University.Received gold Medal
Manoharan, S. 2000. Toxic impact of chlorpyrifos on gill studies in fresh water fish Oreochromis mossambicus (peters), M.phil thesis, Pondicherry University.
Kalivardhan,C. 2000. Toxic effect of chloropyrifos on biochemical and histological changes in liver of fresh water fish Oreochromis mossambicus (peter), M.Phil thesis, annurany University.
Malarvizhi, 2001. Sub lethal effects of dimethoate(rogor) in gills of fresh water fish Oreochromis mossambicus (peter), M.Phil thesis, Pondicherry University.
Senthamil selvi, S. 2002. Dichlorovos toxicity induced by biochemical and histological changes in gills of freshwater fish Oreochromis mossambicus (peter) under sublethal exposure, M.Phil thesis, Pondicherry University.
Sheema, 2003. The toxic effect of latex of Calotropis gigantean and its recovery with additive nutrients on anabas testudineus (bloch), M.Phil thesis, Pondicherry University.
Bhavani, S. 2001. Effect of dimethoate on biochemical and histological changes in muscle of freshwater fish Oreochromis mossambicus (peters), M.Phil thesis, Pondicherry University.
Jayanthi Maria Valentine. 2002. Studies on toxicological effects of dichlorovos in the liver of fresh water fish Oreochromis Mossambicus. M.Phil thesis, Pondicherry University.
Josephine Paulina, C. 2004 Role of additive supplements on latex of Calotropis annuran induced toxicity in fish anabas testudineus, M.Phil thesis, Pondicherry University.
M.Bharathi 2005 Effect of latex and plant extract of Calotropis gigantean in fish Anabas testudineus. M.Phil thesis, Pondicherry University.
Ph.D THESIS GUIDED.
Kanuru. Sree Latha. 2008 The impact of latex and plant extract of Calotropis gigantean (L.)R.Br. on anabas testudineus (bloch) and the recovery of Latex toxicity with additive nutrients. Ph.D awarded.
UG BOARD MEETINGS ATTENDED
23 rd February, 2009, Attended the Board Meeting (UG Courses) Pondicherry University.
PG Zoology, Board Meeting attended Thiruvaluru University, Port Campus , Vellore, Tamilnadu State. On second April, Two Thousand Eleven.
Doctoral Committee Meeting to review the Ph.D scholars progress at Department of Zoology, K.M.C.P.G. Studies Pondicherry attended on 9.2.2015
PH.D THESIS VALUED:
S.Ramu. Mycopathology and Mycotoxicology of Freshwater fin fishes in Tanjavur and Thiruvarur Districts of Tamilnadu in India. Bharathidasan University, Thiruchirapally.2002
Nirmala Natarajan. Studies on the effect of distillery effluent, Organic amendments and intercrops against root knot nematode (Meloidogyne incognita (KOFOIDAND WHITE , 1919) CHITWOOD, 1949) in Brinjal and Tomato, Bharathidasan University, Thiruchirapally.2003
Ph. D thesis entitled “”Effect of Novel heterocyclic compounds on fertility and Biochemical changes in Male Albino Rats” valued, Kakatiya University , Warangal.2009
D.Kandasamy,Ph.D Thesis entitled “Studies on the Hydrobiology of a fresh water estuary with special reference to Heavy metal pollution.Sept, 2012, Bharathidasan University,Tiruchirapalli.
Preethakumari,V.M,Ph.D.Thesis entitled “Studies on Digenetic trematodes infecting Fresh water fishes in Kannur and Kasargode districts of kerala, India Kannur University.2013.
Ph.D thesis entitled”Anthropogenic pressures on Ecology and Biodiversity of Sasthamcottah Lake (Kerala) with special reference to conservation. Tamil University,Tanjavur-613010, Tamilnadu, IndIa.2014
1. One Day Science Seminar conducted in Tagore Arts college Puducherry. As a Convener.
2. One day Departmental Science Seminar (Bioinformatics) Organised 2007,2009
DOCTORAL COMMITTEE MEMBER
For Three Ph.D Students.
1 Student from BGCW, Pondicherry registered under the guidance of Dr.Raji Sugumar,Associate Professor, AGCW, Karaikal
2-Students from KMCPGS, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry registered under the guidance of Dr.B.Kumaran, Associate professor and Dr.V.Ramalingam, Assistant Professor, KMCPGS, Pondicherry
EXTERNAL PRACTICAL EXAMINER
Atended M.Sc Public Health Entomology ICMR,VCRC, Pondicherry.2012-14
MINOR RESEARCH PROJECT
Principal Investigaor, March2008- 2009 Prooject Title:The antimicrobial activity of impact of latex and plant extract of Calotropis gigantean (L.r)B.r on fish anabas testudineus (Bloch) under sub-lethal exposure.Ref.N0. Grant in aid N0.54/Envt/2008.dt.31.3.2008 of the Chief Secretariot (Envt),Pondicherry, Science Technology and Environment, Govt of Pondicherry.
Name : Dr.P.Madhaveelatha
Designation :Associate Professor
Phone Number :09849385632
Date of joining :24-12-1997
1 M. Sc. - Sri V.University 1986
2 M.Phil -- Effect of Chlordane an organo chlorine compound on Rat intestine. Sri V. University, 1988
3 Ph.D. --Effect of monochrotophos on selected biochemical parameters, light and electron microscopy studies on Albino mice. Sri V. University, 2006.
S.No Title of Paper Journal Name and Volume and issue Year of publication
1 Effect of Hepatochlore on Fresh water fish Channa punctatus Environment and Ecology 8, 1 1990
2 Effect of monochrotophos on some enzymes of albino mice International j.Natcon 18, 2 2006
3 Impact of Aquaculture activities and urbanization on Mangrove system of yanam region , UT of Pondicherry International J.Natcon 18, 2 2006
4 Effect of Antibiotics oxytetracyclin and tetracycline on gut bacvterial flora of tilapia Oreochromis mossambicus peters Aquacult 8, 1 2007
5 The Albino mice liver under monochrotophos stresss-Biochemical and histological study Indian Journal of Comparative Physiology 25 , 1 2007
6 Impact of monochrotophos on major nutrient molecules in different tissue of albino mice Indian J Environ and Ecoplan , 14, 3 2007
7 Efficacy of croton tiglium and strychnos nux vomica against brinjal Hadda Henosepilachna vigintiopunctata Fabr Indian journal of Entomology 69 ,3 2007
8 Impact of monochrotophos on Major nutrient molecules in different tissue of Albino mice Eco Env and cons 14, 14 2007
9 Impact of monochrotopos on ome essential enzymes in albino mice.Indian J Environ Ecoplan. 2007
1 Orientation course ---- Osmania University 2000
2 Refresher course Zoology Osmania University 2001
3 Refresher course Environmental ScienceAndhra University 2006
4 Refresher Course Life Science Osmania University 2007
Workshops/Seminars/Conferences attended; Title of paper presented:
1.”Continuing Medical education on an advanced approach to Infertility” Organized by Assisted conception services unit Mahavir Hospital and Research center, Hyderabad on 27 th oct, 1996
2.”Recent trends on emerging trends in bioinformatics and internet resources” organized by Dept of Biotechnology, Pondicherry university distributed Information Centre, Pondicherry on March 8-9, 1999
3.”National conference on fish and fisheries challenges in the millennium’ Organized by Post graduate College of Science Osmania University, Hyderabad on 14-15 of March, 2001
4.”Modern Trends in microbial biotechnology” Organized by ASD Govt Degree College for Women, Kakinada on 9 th Sept, 2006
5.”National semoinar on emerging trends in biology” Organized by Center for Biotechnology, Dept of Zoology and Aquaculture of Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur.
6.2nd AP Science Congress organized by Andhra Pradesh academy of sciences, Hyderabad and Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi , Nov, 2009.
7.National Conference on HUMAN DEVELOPMENT ‘organised by the Dept of Economics, Dr. SRK Govt Arts College, yanam
8.”The Innovative ideas in teaching-Learning evaluation process. Organized by Dr.SRK Govt Arts College, Yanam, on 15 th -16 th November, 2010.
Name of the Faculty member :Dr. K. Sree Latha
Designation :Associate Professor
Contact Nos and e-mail :09491385412 email@example.com
Educational Qualifications :M.Sc, Ph.D. PGDCP, UGC NET qualified
Academic Experience –Teaching :17 years plus 4 years 6 months in previous service.
Research experience :12 years
Research project :DSTE-Govt of Pondicherry, March, 2007
Research publications : National-Ten publications and International-Two under review
Academic membership :Life member in Indian association of Aquatic Biology
Conferences/Seminars : National level 07
presented papers/attended : International level-03
DEPARTMENT OF TELUGU
Dr.V. Bhaskar Reddy
The staff teach foundation course in Telugu to all the first and second year students of the college.
Name : Dr.V.Bhaskar Reddy
Designation :Assistant Professor of Telugu
Academic profile PG onwards
1.Ph.D in Telugu from University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad,1999
Thesis titled: Sanjivadev Kalatatva Vivechana” (Sanjivadev’s philosophy of Art.)
2.M.Phil in Telugu from University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad,1995
3.M.A in Telugu from University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, April 1993
Date of joining in this Service: 11.02.2002
Publications -with titles:
1.English-Telugu Patrika Padakosam Lexicon of Journalese consists of 25000 words, which includes Intellectual vocabulary from Computer and Physical Sciences to Literature and Public administration. The Prestigious Press Academy of Andhra Pradesh published this dictionary in 1988 pages 440
2.Sanjivadev-Soundarya Tatvan Kalatatva Vivechana Life of Sanjivadev and his Philosophy of Beauty published by Sri Potti Sri Ramulu Telugu University, Hyderabad, 2008 Pages 264. ISBN No.81-86073-183-9.
1. “Telugulo Kalaatava Sastra Vicharana” Pravahavani Sahitya Maasa Patrika, November 1999. Pages 42 to 45.
2. “Kalaaprayojanam” Sahitya Vyasaalu-2000, published by Potti Sriramulu Telugu University, 2000 pages 40 to 60.
3.”Telugulo Padaprayoga Nigantuvu Aavasyskatha” Pravahavani Sahitya Maasa Patrika, June 1999. Pages 18 to 20
4.”Andhra Pradesh Darshanam-Jillala vaari Samacharam” Pravasaandhurula Pratyeka Sanchika, World Telugu conference, Visakhapatnam, 2000.Pages 76 to 94
5.”Shitya Vimarsha Padaala Dictionary” Pravahavani Sahitya Massa Patrika, August 1999. Pages. 19-22
6.”Parishodaka Paryavekshakula Karadeepika’ Pravahavani Sahitya Massa Patrika, may 1999, 29-32
8.”Jayaprakash Narayan Foundation Parambhotsavam’ Telugu Vidhyardhi, December 1999. Pages 57-58.
Orientation courses attended –details
1.Orientation course from UGC Academic Staff College, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam from 17-08-2005 to 13-09-2005
Refresher Courses attended -Details
1. IDRC in Language and Literature from UGC Academic Staff College, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam from 31-08-2009 to 20-09-2009.
2.Refresher course in Educational Technology Multi disciplinary from UGC Academic Staff College, Pondicherry University, Puducherry from 05-01-2011 to 25-01-2011
I had participated in number of workshops conducted by various organizations on different fields like Language, Literature, Lexicography, Digitization of Telugu Vangamayam etc., For example.
1.Participated in 3 day World Telugu Federation’s 4 th conference at Visakhapatnam 27, 28,29 December ,2000.
2. Participated in a two day workshop “Digitization of Telugu Vangmayam” at Computer Literacy Society, Andhra Mahila Sabha, Hyderabad.
3. Participated in UGC sponsored National Conference on “Challenges in Human development” January 22-23, 2010 in Dr. SRK Govt.Arts College, Yanam-533464.
4. Participated in the seminar on “The Innovative Ideas in Teaching-Learning Evaluation Process” on 15 th and 16 th November, 2010 in Dr. SRK Govt Arts College, Govt of Pondicherry, Yanam-533464.
5.Participated and paper presented in the 2 day National seminar on “Telugulo Saanghika Naatakaalu”, 12&13 December 2014 in Siddhartha Arts and Science College, Vijayawada.
6.Participated and paper presented in the 2 day National Seminar on Human Rights-A study and review, 7 & 18 December 2014.
Fellowships and Awards:
1.Received the Prestigious Junior Fellowship for Out Standing Artists from the Department of Culture, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi, to pursue the project entitled “Critics of Modern Telugu Literature from March 2000 to March 2002.
2.Senior Research Fellowship from University Grants Commission, Government of India for Ph.D from Aril 1996 to March 1999.
3.Junior Research Fellowship from University Grants Commission, Government of India for Ph.D from March 1995 to March 1996 and for M.Phil . From 1993- June 1994.
4. National Merit Scholarship for Graduation from 1989 to 1991 from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi.
5. Telugu Vignana Parithoshikam for Graduation from 1989 to 1991 from the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Additional charges if any:
1.Convenor of the Committee which enable the entertainment Tax officer of the Yanam Local body to ensure whether the title of the Cine film is really in Telugu from 10.09.2007.
2.Advisor, UGC Equal Opportunity Centre , of Dr.S.R.K.Govt.Arts. College, Yanam-533464 from9.4.2014
3.Director of Dr.SRK Govt Arts College ALUMINI Association, Yanam from 1st March 2011 onwards.
4.Member in Student Advisory committee of Dr.S.R.K.Govt.Arts.college, Yanam from 17.7.2013
Any other information:
1.Worked as Assistant Editor to the English-Telugu Patrik Padakosam Lexicon of Journalese Project for 1 year at Press Academy of Andhra Pradesh. Worked under Eminent Linguist and Litterateur Professor Chekuri Rama Rao.
2.As Post Doctoral Research pursued the Project entitled “Critics of Modern Telugu Literature” A Comparative Study for 2 years. It’s an in-depth study of the works of the Modern Telugu Critics namely Viswanatha Satyanarayana, RS Sudarshanam, Sri. Sri, Sovela Sampathkumaracharya, Kovela Suprasannacharya, Poranki Dakshina Murthy, Rachamuallu Rama Chandra Reddy, Addepalli Rama Mohana Rao, Arudra, GV Subrahmanyam , Chekuri Rama Rao, Vallampati Venkata Subbaiah,K.V. Ramana Reddy, Vadali Mandeswara Rao, Mudigonda Veerabhadraiah, C. Narayana Reddy and G.Lakshmi Narasaiah.
3.Worked as a Linguist for 1 and half years in the Resource centre for Indian Language Technology Solutions Telugu , established by the Ministry of Information Technology, Govt of India at the Dept of Computer and Information Sciences , University of Hyderabad from August 2000 to January 2002 and contributed to the project in the areas like Content Creation, Obtaining copyrights, Website Development, Developing Newspaper corpus, Literature Corpus etc.
4.Worked as Coordinator for UGC Merged cheme-Service Entry Coaching Classes under XI plan from March 2010 to February 2011.
5.Workd as Student Advisor for the Dr. SRK Govt Arts College, Yanam-533464 consecutively for 3 academic years i.e 2004-2005, 2005-06 and 2006 to 2007.
Name : N.Jhansi Rani
Designation : Assistant Professor of Telugu
Phone : 9989154450
Academic profile PG onwards
1. Ph.D in Telugu from University of Hyderabad, Hyderabd,1998
Thesis titled-19 th Century Telugu Novels-women’s Freedom
2. M.Phil in Telugu from University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad,1993
Dissertation titled- Biographical Criticism in Telugu
National Eligibility Test for Lectureship-NET Qualified in January,1991
M.A in Telugu from University of Hyderabad, Hyderabd,1991
Date of Joining in this service: 12.12.2003
Fellowships and Awards: UGC JRF, 1991
Orientation courses attended:
1.Academic Staff College, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, from 02.10.2006 to 23.11.2006
Refresher course attended:
1.Academic Staff college, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, from 02.01.2009 to 22.01.2009
2.Academic Staff College, Jamia Milia Islamia University , New Delhi, from 16.7.2011 to 5.8.2011