The following third year B.Sc.(Comp Science) students (2008-11) Saladi V.V.L.N Swamy & M.Bhavani Sankar participated in a National Level Inter-Collegiate Competitions on the Event of EXPLORER`10 organized by The Department of Computer Science, Saradha Gangadharan College, Pondicherry, on 4th September 2010. They presented a paper tittled “DATA MINING”.
Mr.M.Satish & K.M.Satish, participated the quiz, in National Level Inter-Collegiate Competitions on 4th Sept.2010, organized by The Department of Computer Science, Saradha Gangadharan College, Pondicherry.
Seminars were conducted during January-March, 2011. The following topics were
selected and given in advance to students for their presentation:
INS ARIHINT(NUCLEAR SUBMARINE) – Mr. Saladi V V L N Swamy.
EMBEDDED SYSTEMS - Ms. G. Manognya
INTERNET AND HACKING - Mr.K. Mohan Sathis
MOBILE PHONES - Mr. Malladi Satish
ROBOTICS - Ms. R. Divya Durga
PAM TOPS - Mr. D. Venkatesh
INTRANET - Ms. Eli V V satya Rajivi
E-COMMERCE - Ms. N. Bhavani
DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING - Mr. N. Bhavani Sankar
This helped the students in the development of communication skills, and in enrichingtheir knowledge in the subject
NAME : Mr. KOLA SURYA PRAKASH Designation: Assistant Professor Mobile No : 09948424238
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Sl. No. Name of the Course Board/University Year of Passing % of Marks
NAME : BONAGIRI JYOTHI Designation :Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Phone Nos. :0884- 2324009; Mobile No: 09294051621 E-mail: email@example.com
M.Phil in Computer Science from Madurai Kamraj University, Madurai, 2008
M.Sc in Computer Science from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, 2001
Date of Joining:
Hourly Paid Lecturer
: 27- 02 -2004
Casual Consolidated Assistant Professor
: 26-10- 2010
Regularized Assistant Professor
: 03 - 01- 2013
Orientation Course attended:
Academic Staff College, University of Hyderabad; 28-06-2013 to 25-07-2013
1. Participated in a Two-Day National Conference on “Challenges in HumanDevelopment” on 22ndand 23rdJanuary 2010 at Dr. S.R.K. Govt. Arts College,Yanam.
2. Participated in a Two-Day Seminar on “The Innovative Ideas in Teaching- LearningEvaluation Process” on 15thand 16thNovember 2010 at Dr. S.R.K. Govt. ArtsCollege, Yanam.
3. Participated in a Seminar on “Nanotechnology” on 13th March 2012 at Dr. S.R.K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam.
4. Participated in a 3-day Training Programme on E-Literacy (IT and Non-IT) at Dr. S. R. K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam from 17th to 19th April 2013.
Additional Charges If Any:
Co-ordinator for ICTACT, of Dr. S. R. K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam from 04/12/2013.
Co-ordinator for Identity Card of Dr. S. R. K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam from 09/04/2014
Co-ordinator for Career and Counseling Cell of Dr. S. R. K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam from 09/04/2014.
DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
H.O.D cum Associate Professor
Dr. K. Prasad
M.A. M.Phil, Ph.D
Thiru. T. Mutyalu
The department, which was started in the year 1973-74 has an intake capacity of 40 students in B.A. The M.A. course was introduced in the year 2005-06 with an intake of 10 students at the entry level.
The first year B.A. students study Understanding Economics, Statistical Methods, and Mathematics for Economists besides History, Environmental studies as allied subjects and English.
In the second year they study Macro Economics, Monetary Economics, Banking and Financial Markets and Outlines of Modern Governments besides Language.
In the third year they study Public Economics, International Economics, Financial Economics, Environmental Economics, Indian Economy, Economic Growth and Econometric Methods.
The faculty members of this department motivate the students to secure high ranks in the University Examinations. One B.A. & one M.A, student secured Gold medals in 2007-08 in University Examinations. This dept. has organized UGC sponsored National level Conference on Challenges in Human Development in January 2010.
Students' Pass Percentage in University Exams
Name of the students
Vardhineedi Krishna, B.A
Ms. T.Subba Lakshmi, M.A
Palivela Srinivas M.A
The time-table for the academic year had been prepared in consultation with the Economics faculty members for effective and proper functioning of academic activities throughout the year.
The following steps were taken for the year 2010-11 to enhance the knowledge and performance of PG & UG students.
1) Unit and Model semester exams were conducted.
2) Remedial classes were conducted on identifying the weak students in all classes.
3) Question answer method of teaching was encouraged.
4) A seminar on Economic Planning and achievements were organized on 24th &
25th of February, 2011.
5) M.A students gave seminar on “Labour Problems of India” to UG classes on 11-
04-2011 and 12-04-2011.
6) The students of Economics are also fully involved in NSS activities organized by
the NSS unit of this college.
7) As per the schedule the Essay, Elocution competitions have been conducted
regularly for the benefit of the students for their future career.
The staff members of the Department of Economics have been deputed to
participate in seminars and conferences in order to enrich their knowledge inacademic activities.
Name of the Faculty : K. MANOHARAN Designation: H.O.D & Associate Professor
National Development Educational&Conducted National level seminars in Economics as HOD.
Name : Dr. Kamidi Prasad Designation : Assistant Professor
Date of joining :03rd January, 2013
Mobile No. : 09701718358 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Participated in Two day UGC –National seminar on “Rural Development: The Indian Experience” conducted by V.S.M college, Ramachandrapuram, Andhra Pradesh.
2. Participated in two day seminar on “The Innovative ideas on teaching –Learning Evaluation process” conducted by IQAC, Dr.SRK GAC, Yanam.
3. Participated in one day UGC seminar on “Nanotechnology for the Career Development of students” conducted by Dr.SRK GAC, Yanam
4. Participated and presented a paper entitled “Human poverty, Income Inequalities and Educational Attainments-A case study of Yanam region” in UGC-National Seminar “Rural development: the Indian Experience” conducted by VSM College, Ramachandrapuram, Andhra Pradesh.
5. Participated and presented a paper entitled “Micro Finance-A Scenario of Yanam Region” in UGC –National Seminar “Rural development: the Indian experience” conducted by VSM College, Ramachandrapuram, Andhra Pradesh.
Name : Tatapudi Mutyalu Designation : Assistant professor of Economics
Dissertation titled, Seasonal price behavior of paddy on Pondicherry regulated market.
2. M.A in Economics from Pondicherry University, December, 1993
Date of joining this service : 12.01.2010
Publications with Titles: Nil
Additional charges if any: Co-opted Member in Parent Teacher Association
Any other Information: Nil
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS
Dr. Dhaneshwar Prasad
(HOD) Associate Professor
Tmt. S. Krishnaveni
M.Sc., M. Phil
Thiru. AVVS Murthy
M.Sc, M.Phil, M.Tech
Thiru. G G H K S Prabhakar
M.Sc., M. Phil.
The department was started during 1988-89 with an intake of 16 students which was increased to 20 subsequently.
The students study Calculus, Algebra, Deferential Equations, Trigonometry, 2D, 3D Geometry and Vector analysis in first and second semesters of first year besides Environmental sciences and the Languages.
In second year they study Real Analysis, Abstract Algebra, Partial Differential Equations and Statistics in third and fourth semesters.
In Third year they study Abstract Algebra, Complex Analysis, Mechanics, Operations Research, Programming in C, Numerical Analysis and Discrete Mathematics in fifth and sixth semesters.
The faculty members of this department motivate the students towards achieving good ranks at University level. The department frequently conducts seminars/ quiz competitions to inculcate additional reading habit in subject.
The department has a record of securing gold and silver medals at University level during 1991-92 and 1996-97 respectively.
Students' Pass Percentage in University Exams
Departmental Activities * A seminar on “Importance of geometry in Mathematics” was conducted on 26th Aug’10 . Prof. MVRK Chainulu, Head, Department of Mathematics explained the various geometries and their usefulness in the other branches of Mathematics.
* Miss.G.Mousam, III.B.Sc (Mathematics) explained the biography of Srinivasa Ramanujam and his contributions in number theory.
* Dr. D. Prasad, Associate Professor of Mathematics gave an inspired talk on “Solid state Physics” on 2nd Sep’10 and Miss GSL Bhanu, III.B.Sc.(Maths) spoke on the biography of Aryabhat and his contributions in Mathematics.
* Tmt.S.Krishna Veni, Assistant Professor of Mathematics delivered a lecture on “Mathematics and Music” on 9th Sep’10, and Miss Jagadeeswari of III.B.Sc. (Maths) narrated the biography of Dr.Sakunthala Devi.
* Miss. Manasa of III B.Sc.(Maths) illustrated the biography of Bhaskaracharya and his valuable contributions in Mathematics on 16th Sept’10 and Mr.Tata Rao of III.B.Sc.(Maths) gave an interesting talk on “Running Tracks”.
* Mr. GGHKS Prabhakar, Assistant Professor of Mathematics gave a talk on “Ayurveda and Yoga” on 23rd Sept.’10.
* A quiz competition was conducted on 30th Sept.10 on various field of Mathematics.
* Prof. Rama Rao of Andhra University delivered a lecture on “Theory of Numbers” on 11th Oct.’10.
Name :Dr. Dhaneswar Prasad
Designation : Associate Professor of Mathematics
1. Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur-April,1989, Thesis titled. Thermal Effects in Lubrication of Rollers with a Non-Newtonian Fluid.
2. M.Sc. Mathematics from Magadh University, Bodhgaya, Bihar, 1979.
Date of joining in this service: 15th March 1991.
List of Research Publications:
List of Research Publications:
Prasad D, Singh P., and Sinha P. “Thermal and squeezing effects in non-Newtonian fluid film lubrication of rollers”, WEAR, Vol.119(1987), PP.175-190.
Prasad D., Singh P., and Sinha P. “Non-uniform temperature in non-Newtonian fluid film lubricationof rollers, Journal of Tribology, ASME Trans., Vol. 110(1988), PP. 653-659.
Prasad D., Singh P. and Sinha P. “Thermal and inertia effects in lubrication of rollers by a non- Newtonian power law fluid “Proc., National Industrial Tribology, Conference, held at Trivandrum, January1989.
Chhabra R.P. and Prasad D. “Isothermal creeping flow past an assemblage of composite spheres “Proc., Chemical Engineering Science conference, Indian Institute of Science,Bangalore, 1989, PP.72-77.
Prasad D., Narayan K.A.., and Chhabra R.P., “Creeping fluid relative to an assemblage ofcomposite spheres “, International Journal Engineering Science, Vol. 28 (1990), PP. 215-230.
Chhabra, R.P., and Prasad, D. “A fluid – mechanic based model for the sedimentation offlocculated suspensions”, Separation Science and Technology, Vol. 26(1991), PP. 223 –241.
Prasad D. and Chhabra R.P. “Thermal and normal squeezing effects in lubrication of rollers by a power law fluid”, WEAR, Vol. 145 (1991), PP. 61-76.
Prasad D., Shukla J.B., Singh P., Sinha P. and Chhabra R.P., “Thermal effects in lubrication of asymmetrical rollers”. Tribology International, Vol.24 (1991), PP. 239-246.
Patel, J. and Prasad, D., “Coefficents estimates for bounded star like functions of complex order with N- symmetric points”, Pure and Applied Mathematika Sciences, Vol. 34 (1991), PP.81 – 85.
Prasad D., Singh P., and Sinha P. Thermal and Inertia effects in lubrication of rollers with power law lubricants having temperature and pressure dependent consistency, Indian Journal of pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 23 (1992), PP 305 – 320.
Prasad D., Singh P. and Sinha P., “Thermal and inertia effects in hydrodynamic lubrication of rollers by a power law fluid considering cavitation, “Journal of Tribology, ASMETrans., Vol. 115 (1993), PP. 319 - 326.
P. Sinha and D. Prasad, “Lubrication of rollers by power law fluids considering consistency variation withpressure and temperature “, Acta Mechanica, Vol. 111( 1995), PP. 223-239.
Dhaneshwar Prasad, S.V. Subrahmanyam, Sudam Sekhar Panda, “Thermal effects in hydrodynamic lubrication of asymmetric rollers using Runge-Kutta Fehlberg method ”International Journal of Engineering Science and Advanced TechnologyVol.-2(2012), pp. 422 – 437.
Dhaneshwar Prasad, Sudam Sekhar Panda, S.V. Subrahmanyam, “Non-Newtonian Squeeze Film Lubrication of Journal Bearing with Temperature Effect”,International Journal of Engineering Science and Advanced Technology Vol.-2 (2012), pp. 438 – 444.
Dhaneshwar Prasad, S. V. Subrahmanyam, “Thermo Hydrodynamic Lubrication Characteristics Of Power Law Fluids In Rolling/Sliding Line Contact”, International Conference on Advances in Tribology and Engineering Systems: ICATES 2013,published in the Conference Proceedings, Edited by Springer New Delhi Heidelberg New York Dordrecht London, PP. 127-141.
Dhaneshwar Prasad, S. S. Panda, and S. V. Subrahmanyam, “Power Law Fluid Film Lubrication of Journal Bearing With Squeezing and Temperature Effects”, International Conference on Advances in Tribology and Engineering Systems: ICATES 2013, published in the Conference Proceedings, Edited bySpringer New Delhi Heidelberg New York Dordrecht London, PP. 73-84.
S. V. Subrahmanyam and Dhaneshwar Prasad, “ Characterization of Lubrication of Asymmetric Rollers including Thermal Effects” Accepted by Industrial Lubrication and Tribology - Decision on, Manuscript ID ilt-04-2013-0048. R1, U.K..
S. V. Subrahmanyam, Dhaneshwar Prasad, and S. S. Panda, A Study on Goodness of Fit For The Linear Model of Index Numbers of Jute Productivity In India, International Journal of Science Engineering and Advance Technology, IJSEAT, Vol 1, Issue 6, November – 2013, ISSN 2321-6905, p. 142 .
S. V. Subrahmanyam, Dhaneshwar Prasad, and S .S. Panda, Thermo Hydrodynamic Lubrication of Rollers under Adiabatic and Isothermal Boundaries in Rolling/Sliding Line Contact, Number : 63, ICRAMID-2014, PONJESLY COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, Alamparai, Nagercoil, Tamilnadu .
Dhaneshwar Prasad, SudamSekhar Panda, S. V. Subrahmanyam and G. M. Deheri
Title : Thermal Effect on Hydrodynamic Lubrication of Journal Bearing, Number :163, ICRAMID-2014, PONJESLY COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, Alamparai, Nagercoil, Tamilnadu.
Dhaneshwar Prasad, Sudam Sekhar Panda, S. V. Subramanyam, Title: Thermal Effects in non-Newtonian Lubrication of Asymmetric Rollers Under Adiabatic & Isothermal Boundries., ICAFD-2014 (July 21-23, 2014), S. V. University Tirupathi, AP, India.
S. V. Subrahmanyam, Dhaneshwar Prasad, Thermal, squeezing and compressibility effects in lubrication of asymmetric rollers”, Tribology in Industry, Vol. 36, No. 3 (2014) 244-258.
Dhaneshwar Prasad, S V Subrahmanyam & M Madhu Sudhan Rao, “A Study on Students’ Attitude towards Mathematics in Some Selected Secondary Schools of Puducherry State”, Asian Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies ISSN: 2321-8819 (Online), Volume 2, Issue 11, November 2014