The department organizes seminars and quiz competitions for all the three year students during the academic year, along with regular performance assessment tests and assignments. The faculty members conduct regular counseling sessions for the students with regard to their career prospects.
The department arranged interactive sessions for the students with prominent Alumni of this institution viz Dr. Ch. Ravi Krishna and Dr. J. Subhas Chandra in order to motivate the students into achieving higher goals and standards in their academic pursuits.
PROFILE Name : RVV SATYANARAYANA
Designation :Associate Professor of Chemistry
Academic Profile PG onwards:M.Sc in Chemistry, from Regional Engineering college, Warangal, August, 1984
National Eligibility Test for Lectureship: Qualified Joint CSIR-UGC JRF-NET December, 1989, Date of Joining in this service: 23.12.1988
Orientation Courses attended:
1.Academic Staff College; Pondicherry University;25.09.1995 to 22.10.1995
Refresher course attended:
1.Academic Staff College; Pondicherry University; 18.10.1996 to 07.11.1996
2.Academic Staff College; Pondicherry University; 18.11.1998 to 08.12.1998
3.Academic Staff College; Pondicherry University;02.01.2002 to 22.01.2002
1. A National Conference on “ Challenges in Human Development”Dr. SRK Govt.Arts. College, Yanam: January 22-23, 2010
2. A two day seminar on “The Innovative ideas in Teaching- Learning Evaluation Process. Dr. SRK Govt.Arts. College, Yanam; 15th-16th November 2010
3. Seminar on “Nanotechnology” at Dr.S.R.K.Govt.arts College, Yanam, on 13.03.2012
4. National Seminar on Alternative Resources of Energy: SKBR College, Amalapuram.
5. Participated in the Regional Seminar on “A Rewarding Career in Organic Chemistry Research” held at Dr.S.R.K.Govt.Arts.College, Yanam, on 15 t March,2013
Fellowships and awards: CSIR- UGC NET (JRF) Roll No:00605 December,1989
Additional charges if any: Heading the Department of Chemistry
Any other Information: Nil
PROFILE Name : Dr.DEVARAKONDA SANTI KUMAR
Designation : ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF CHEMISTRY
E-mail id :firstname.lastname@example.org & santikumar email@example.com
Academic Profile PG onwards.
1. Ph.D in Chemistry from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam; awarded in 1995
Thesis titled Synthesis of 1-Phenyl Naphthalene Lignan Lactones and Reductive rearrangements of furo furan Lignans.
2. National Eligibility Test for Lectureship-CSIR NET in 1988
3. M.Sc Chemistry from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam,November, 1987.
Date of joining in this service:01.01.1998.
Publications: With titles.
Research publications: Published four research papers in National Journals.
1. Synthetic Experiments in Lignin’s: Part XIII: The orienting effect of methyl group during Naphthalene cyclisation; A.S.R. Anjaneyulu, D.Santi Kumar and U.V.M.Avadhani. Indian Journal of Chemistry; 31 B.1992, 401.
2. Synthetic experiments in lignins:Part IV : Syntheis of 1 – Phenyl Naphthalene lignin lactones using PCC and BPSP as regioselective reagents: A.S.R. Anjanayelu, D.Santikumar, U.V.M.Avadhani, . Indian Journal Of Chemistry, 33B, 1994, 839.
3. Synthetic experiments in lignans: Part XIV: Reductive rearrangements of 2,6-diary 1-3,7-dioxa bicycle 3,3,0 octane lignans;A.S.R. Anjneyulu;D.Santi Kumar, . Indian Journal of Chemistry, 34 B, 1995,897.
4. Synthetic experiments in lignin: Part VI: Oxidative dimerization of m-hydroxy Cinnamic acid with phosphomolybdic acid on Silicagel support; ASR Anjaneyulu, D.Santi Kumar; Indian Journal of Chemistry, 35 B,1996,1038.
ORIENTATION and REFRESHER COURSES
Attended one Orientation Course and two Refresher Courses.
2. Academic Staff College, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, held from 08.12.2003 to 27.12.2003.
3. Academic Staff College, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, held from 07.11.2006 to 27.11.2006
Workshops/ Seminars/Conferences Attended
1. Delivered a talk in an International Conference conducted by Coastal Chemical Reearch Society of India, held at Visakhapatnam on 13-12-2014 and 14-12-2014.
2. Attended a National Seminar on Green Chemistry Practices in Drug and material Science development conducted by Dr.V.S.Krishna Government college, Visakhapatnam from 20-12-2013 &21-12-2013
3. Atended as a Resource Person for the training Programme conducted ,on 30-03-2010, to the freshly recruited College Lecturers at Dr. V.S.Krishna Govt college, Visakhpatnm, sponsored by Andhra Pradesh Collegiate Higher Education.
4. Attended National Symposium on Spectroscopy & Instrumentation Techniques, held at P.R.Govt..College, Kainada on 25-02-2011 &26-02-201.
5. Attended National Conference on Biological Chemistry, NCB at Gitam Uniersity, Visakhapatnam during 29-11-2011 & 30-11-2011.
6. Attended National Semina on new frontier in Chemical & Environmental Sciences at Got.Womens College, Srikakulam, on 20-12-2010 & 21-12-2010
7. Attended Seminar on Methodology of Teaching New topics in Chemistry Curriculum conducted by A.S.D.Govt.College for Woman, akinada on 10-10-2009
8. Attended Semina on The Innovative Idea in Teaching-Learning Evaluation Process conducted by Dr.S.R.K.Govt.Arts college, Yanam on 15 & 16 th November, 2010
9. National symposium on Green Organic Transformations conducted by P.R.Govt.College, Kakinada, on 22&23, November 2008.
10. National Seminar on Green Chemistry in Pharmaceuticals--An Overview conducted at Siddhartha College of Arts & Science, Vijayawada, on 15-12-2007
11. Participated in te Chemical Research Society of India South Zonal meet held at Pondicherry University, Pondicherry on 16 th and 17 th December 2011.
12. Attended National Conference on Challenges in Human Development conducted at Dr.S.R.K.Govt.Arts. College, Yanam,on 22-23, January 2010
13. Participated in a Seminar on “A Rewarding Career in Organic Chemitry Research” conducted by Dr.S.R.K.Govt.Arts.College, Yanam on 3-11-2013
14. Participated in a Seminar on “Career prospects in a pharma Industry” conducted by Dr.S.R.K.Govt.Arts.College, Yanam on 3-11-2014
FELLOWSHIPS AND AWARDS.
Received BEST TEACHER AWARD by the Chemical Research Society of india, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry in the year 2011.
Awarded CSIR – UGC NET JRF fellowship in the year 1998.
ADDITIONAL CHARGES IF ANY: Acting as RUSA CO-ORDINATOR.
ANY OTHER INFORMATION: Nil
Name :Dr. D. Paul Babu, Associate Prof. of Chemistry
Academic Profile (PG onwards):
1. M.Sc in Chemistry from the University of Delhi, 1984
2. National Educational Test (Master’s level) in 1984 in Chemistry Qualified in 1985
3. Ph.D in Chemistry from the University of Delhi, 1989
Associate Profesor of Chemistry under the Puducherry Administration since 01-01-2006, after joining this Service as a Lecturer in Chemistry on 22-12-1997
1. Lecturer in Chemistry at St.An’s College for Women, Mehdipatnam, Hyderabad from 13-07-1991 to 6-12-1997.
2. Junior Lecturer in Chemistry at St.Anthony’s Junior College, Himayathnagar, Hyderabad, from 11-06-1990 to 12-07-1991
3. Research Assistant Trainee at the Shriram Institute of Industria Research, Delhi, from 01-10-1984 to 31-07-1985.
Date of joining in this service: 22.12.1997
Orientation courses attended:
1. Academic Staff College, Osmania University, Hyderabad from 06.03.1995 to 28.03.1995
Refresher courses attended:
1. Academic Staff College, Pondicherry University, from 18.11.1998 to 08.12.1998
2. Academic Staff College, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam from 19.08.2002 to 08.09.2002
3. Academic Staff College, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi from 08.12.2003 to 7.12.2003
1. Twenty-fifth Annual Convention of Chemists, 1988, at Kolkata from 23-12-1988 to 27-12-1988
2. UGC workshop on “Question bank in Chemistry phase –I” at the Dept of Chemistry, Loyola College, Chennai, from 17.10.1996 to 19.10.1996
3. UGC-sponsored National Conference on “Challenges in Human Development” at Dr.SRK Govt.Arts.College, Yanam, from 22.01.2010 to 23.01.2010
4. Seminar on “The Innovative ideas in Teaching-Learning Evaluation Process “ at Dr.SRK Govt Arts College, Yanam from 15.11.2010 to 16.11.2010
5. UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Visual Aids in Teaching Chemistry” at Railway Degree College, Lalaguda, Secunderabad on 08-09-2011.
6. Seminar on “Nanotechnology” at Dr.S.R.K. Govt.Arts.College, Yanam, on 13-03-2012
Fellowships and Awards:
1.Awarded Junior and Senior Research NET Fellowships by the UGC to pursue Ph.D. in chemistry at the Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi, Delhi..
1. Drawing and disbursing Officer, Dr. SRK Govt rts College, Yanam from 24.04.2001 to 31.10.2005
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
Thiru Ch.Satyanarayana Murty
Dr. Yoginder Singh
M.Com, Ph.D, M.B.A. (Finance)
Dr. R.Uma Devi
M.Com, M.Phil, M.B.A, Ph.D, M.A (Hindi), B.Ed
Tmt. V.Sri Devi
Tmt. Shaik Khwajabi
M.Com, B.Ed., M.Phil
Tmt. D. Jaya Bharathi
M.Com, B.Ed., M.Phil
Casual Consolidated Asst. Professor
Thiru. B.Veerabhadra Rao
Casual Consolidated Asst. Professor
B.Com. Course was started in academic year 1978-79, and M.Com. in the year 2000-01. The intake capacity of students at entry level in B.Com is 40, and in M.Com is 10.
B.Com. Students study:
Financial Accounting, Business Law, Economics, Business Management and Business
Environment during first year.In second year they study Accounts, Statistics,Company Law, Cost Accounts, Entrepreneurship, Auditing and MathematicsIn third year they study Income Tax, Computer Application, Management Accounting, Marketing, International Marketing, Indirect Taxes, Advertisement and sales Promotion and Consumer Behavior
M.Com. Students study:
Management Concepts and Organizational Behaviour, Business Environment Advanced Financial Accounting Statistical Mehods Human Resource Management, Managerial Economics, Accounting for Managerial Decision, Marketing Management, Enterpreneurship and Small Business Management & Financial Management in first year.
In second year Financial Markts & Services, Economic Legislation, corporate Tax planning & Management, Marketing Research, Advertising and Sales management Strategic & Management, E-Commerce, Corporate Reporting & Practices, Computer Application, Corporate Law, Corporate Tax Planning, Strategic Management, E-Commerce, Brand Management, and Service Marketing.
Students' Pass Percentage in University Exams
In order to pursue the academic activities in a planned manner a semester-wise as well as monthly plan was formulated with proper consultation with the faculty. Accordingly the time table and subject allocation were done. To make the students more competitive the department regularly organizes competitions in Essay and debate on current topics from time to time.
The Commerce Association arranges meetings and lectures related to the subject in order to ensure all round development of the student community.
The result of the previous year was analyzed and proper remedial measures were taken in order to improve the performance of the students. Accordingly, weak students were identified and special attention was given to them.
The following initiatives were undertaken during the academic session:
* Remedial classes were conducted for all subjects and for all classes.
*Unit tests were conducted towards the preparation of Mid-semester and End-semester examinations.
*Participatory method of teaching was encouraged.
*A One-day “seminar was conducted on “Commerce-- Plenty of Opportunities” on 13th November, 2014.The resource persons were Sri. J.S.R. Sastry, a Research guide to Commerce Students and Sri. T.Srinivasa Raju, a practising Chartered Accountant.
*The faculty memmbers are encouraged to participate in Seminars, Conferences, Faculty Development Programme (FDP) and other academic activities for enriching their knowledge and to strengthen the department. Accordingly they participated in various activities during the year.
*To inpart Practical training to the students, the department organized an Industrial tour to Visakhapatnam on 18th--20th September, 2014. They visited Vizag Steel Plant and important places of interest in and around Visakhapatnam.
Name: Ch. Satyanarayana Murthy Designation:H.O.D & Associate Professor
1. Participated in a Two-Day National Conference on “Challenges in Human Development” on 22nd and 23rd January 2010, Dr.SRK Govt.Arts College, Yanam.
2. Participated in a Two-Day Seminar on “Innovative Ideas in Teaching –Learning Evaluation Process” on 15 th and 16 th November 2010 at Dr.S.R.K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam.
Undertakes the responsibilities of Principal-in-charge and Chief Superintendent for University Examinations.
Name : Dr. Yoginder Singh Designation : Assistant Professor of Commerce
Phone : 09030093092 e-mail :firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic profile PG onwards.
1.Ph.D from Himachal Pradesh University Shimla-5
Title: An Evaluation of Tourism Industry in Himachal Pradesh-October,1999
2.National Eligibility Test for Lectureship-NET Qualified: June , 1997
M.Com from Himachal Pradesh, University Shimla-5; June, 1995
M.B.A –Finance from Pondicherry University, June ,2010
UGC (N.E.T)-June 1997
Date of joining this service: 19.04.2005
Research Paper Publications:
Books published -01
Entitled “An Evalution of Tourim industry in Himachal Pradesh “ By Lambert Academic Publishers, Germany, ISBN.- 978-3-8383-8200-5
1. Co-authored Article entitled “ An Appraisal of Co-operative Credit System in Himachal Pradesh:”Problems and prospects” published in the Journal “Indian Cooperative Review”, Vol.XXXVI, N0.1,1998, pp.90-94
2. Co-authored Article entitled “Segmentation analysis of Tourism Market: A study of Himachal Pradesh” published in the Book entitled “Tourism towards 21 st Century” edited by Prof. Sunil Gupta and Dr. S.P.Bansal, Deep and Deep Publications Pvt. Ltd,New Delhi,1998, pp.211-224
3. Co-authored Article entitled “Strengthening Co-operatives in Tribal Areas” published in the book entitled “Cooperative For Rural Development” edited by Prof. S.N.Tripathy, discovery Publishing House, New Delhi, 1998, Pp.85-89.
4. Co-authored Article entitled “A study of performance of the H.P State Co-operative Bank” Published in the Journal “Indian Cooperative Review” Vol. XXXVI, N0.2, 1998, p. 178-182.
5. “Impact of RRB’s Short term credit on Agriculture: A case study” is published in the book entitled “Rural Resources and Development Initiatives: Structural Issues and Development Interventions” edited by Dr.B.S. Vasudeva Rao and Dr.G.Rajani Kanth, published by Associate publisher, ambala Cant., Punjab, 2007.
6. Co-authored Article entitled “Gender basis in Agricultural Employment: Evidence from Rural Orissa” is published in the Book entitled” Health Economics in india” edited by Himanushu Sekhar Rout and Prasant Kumar Panda, New Century Publication, New Delhi, 2007, pp.99-111.
7. “Health Status of Tribal in India: Evidence from Andhra Pradesh” (Co-authored) is published in the book entitled” Gender and Development: Dimensions and Strategies” edited by Himanushu Sekhar Rout and Prasant Kumar Panda, New Century Publication, New Delhi, 2007, pp.67-79
8. “Role of NREGS in Human Development” (Co-authored) is published in the book entitled “ Human Development in India challenges and polices” edited by Himanushu Sekhar Rout and S Bhyrava murthy, New Century Publication, New Delhi, 2010, pp . 137-146.
9. Article entitled “ Effect of Self help group in economic Empowerment of rural women in Himachal Pradesh” Published in Journal Of Indian Reserch, vol.1, July-sept.2013 Issn no.2321-4155. Pp 54-61.
10. Article entitled “Performance of future Commodity market in India role of HRM” published in Internationl Journal of Marketing, Finncial Services and Management Research”, vol.2.10,October 2013 (ISSN no 2277-3622)pp-62-70
11.Article entitled “A study of Attractions and potentials of Tourism in Himachal Prdesh” in the Edited book, Tourism in India-2014, Zenon Academic Publishing (ISBN:978-81-926819-7-9) pp-52-64.
12. Article entitled “Women empowerment through DWACRA- An Evaluation of Andhra Pradesh” Edited book, Tissues and opportunities in producers Co-operatives. Published by DCOMS, AKNU, Rajamundry, ISBN no.978-93-5156307-05 pp123-132
13. Article entitled “Perception towards Packing and Consumering: an analysis” in the Edited book, Dynamics of Commerce and Management in the new Millennium, International Research Publication House-Delhi (ISBN:978-93-84144-65-4)pp.35-44.
14. Article entitled “An Empirical analysis of Corporate Reporting and Financial Reporting Practices in India and Convergence of Indian Accounting Standards with International Financial Reporting system”, in the edited book, International Financial Reporting Standard in Current Indian Scenario (Implementation, problems and prospects). Anuradha Prakashan, New Delhi (ISBN: 978-93-82339-67-0) pp-423-447.
15. Article entitled “Co-operative Credit and Agriculture Development; An Analysis” published in International Journal of Informative and Futuristic Research, Financial Services and vol.2.Issue-2,October 2014, 2013 (ISSN no. 2347-697)pp 387-394.
1. “Role of Comparatives in Tribal Development “ presented in the XXVI Annual Conference of Orissa Commerce Association held at Ryagarh college, Rayagarda, Orissa during January 14-15, 2006.
2. “Health Status Of Tribal in India: Evidence from Andhra Pradesh” presented in the UGC-ICMR National Seminar on “Health Status of Tribal Women and Children in India” organized by Department of Anthropology, Pondicherry University during 10-11 March, 2006.
3. “Role of SHG in Women empowerment A case study of Himachal Pradesh” presented in National seminar on “Women Empowerment through SHG in India” organized by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on 31.08.2010
4. “Role of NREGS in Human Development” a co-authored paper, presented in National conference on “Challenges in Human Development” organized by Dr.SRK Govt Arts College, Yanam on 22 and 23-01-2010.
5. “IQAC a Panacea for Improvement of quality in Higher Education Institution” presented a paper in National Seminar on “Strategies for Strengthening Internal Quality Assurances Mechanism in the Colleges” organized S.K.B.R College Amalapuram, Andhra Pradesh on 22 and 23-01-2011
6. Attended a National seminar on “Agricultural Stagnation in India: Causes and Way ahead” organized by Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Orissa. on 20.11.2010
7. Attended seminar on “Innovative ideas in Teaching-Learning Evaluation Process” organized by Dr. SRKGAC Yanam on 15 and 16-112010
8. Attended Seminar on “Nanotechnology” organized by Dr.S.R.K.Govt.Arts.College, Yanam, on 13.03.2012.
9. Attended seminar on “Marine-Biodiversity” organized by Dr.S.R.K.GAC, Yanam 23-01-2013
10. Attended a National Seminar on “Issues And Opportunities in Producers cooperatives” organized by Adi Kavi Nannaya University Rajamundry-533105 and Presented paper entitled “Women Empowerment through DWACRA-An Evaluation of Andhra Pradesh: Dated :08-1-2013 to 09-1-2013
11. Attended 36th All India Accounting Conference & International Seminar on “Accounting Education and Research” organized by Andhra Pradesh Visakhapatnam and presented paper entitled “Recent Trends in Corporate and Financial Reporting Practices in India-An analysis” on 11-01-2014 to 12-01-2014.
12. Attended a National Seminar on 13-02-2014 on “ Banking and Insurance” at Sir C.R. Reddy autonomous college Elluru (A.P) and presented a paper entitled “Issues and Oportunities of Micro Credit in India-An Analysis”.
13. Attended a National Seminar on “Human Rights and Corporate Social Responsibility” Organised by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar College of Law, Visakhapatnam (A.P) and presented paper entitled “MNCs and Corporate Social Responsibility”. 19th & 20th March 2013.
14. Attended a national Seminar on “e-Busines and Entrepreneurship” organised by Spaces Degree College, Payakaraopeta, Visakhaptnam (A.P). 20-11-2014
Refresher/Orientaion and other Programmes
1. Attended a 28-day UGC sponsored Orientation programme at Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla from 18.02.2008 to 15.03.2008.
Refresher course attended:
1. Attended a 2- day UGC sponsored Refresher Course at Central University Hyderabad, from 18.01.2010 to 07.02.2010.
2. Attended a 21-day UGC sponsored Refresher course at Andhra University, Visakhapatnam from 08-03-2013 to 28-03-2013
3. Attended a Faculty Development Programme (FDP) organized by ICFAI National College Kakinada on 07-10-2005
4. Attended a Faculty development Programme (FDP) on Financial Derivatives organized by Pondicherry University on 25 & 26-09-2010
5. Attended National Workshop on Research Guides organized by Pondicherry University
6. Attended a week short term course on Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS) and organized by ASC-Utkal University Bhubaneswar from 12-12-2011 to 18-12-2011.
7. Attended a three month NCC, PRCN training programme at OTA-KAMPTEE, from 2-7-2012 to 29-09-2012.
8. Participated in Life Skill and Personality Development programme for 5 days at OTA KAMPTEE organised by National Youth Development Organization, Govt. of India, Sriperumbudur (Tamil Nadu) from 12-09-2012 to 15-09-2012
9. Participated in a 2 day Fire Fighting orientation programme at OTA-KAMPTEE organized by National Civil Defence College. Nagpur from 23-08-2012 to 24-08-2012.
10. Attended a 3-day training programme on “E-Literacy” organized by Dr.S.R.K.Govt.Arts. College, Yanam from 17-04-2013 to 19.04-2013.
11. Attended 15 days ATC camp training programme on “Defence” organised by 15th Garhwal Riffles At Hyderabad from 01-09-2014 to 15-09-2014
As Resource Person:
1. Acted as Resource Person in the technical session of the national seminar on “Strategies for Stregthening Internal Quality Assurance Mechanism in Colleges” organized by S.K.B.R College, Amalapuram, Andhra Pradesh on 23-1-2011.
Research dissertation Guided: M.Phil dissertation :02
MBA Dissertation :14
Ph.D. supervising :02
Extra/ Co-Curricular Activities: 1.Passed NCC A and B Certificates
2.Worked as NSS Programme Officer of Dr.S.R.K.Govt.Arts.College, Yanam, for three years from 25.10-2005 to 24.10.2008
3. Worked as a Co-ordinator for UGC Merged Scheme No II (coaching for NET examination) for one year.
4. Worked as a caretaker for NCC unit (SD) of Dr.SRK. Govt.Arts College,Yanam from 01-03-2011 to 29-9-2012
5. Worked as a Director of Physical Education i/c of Dr.S.R.K.Govt.Arts.College-Yanam from 01-05-2014 to 07-10-2014.
6. Working as Associate NCC Officer of Dr.S.R.K.Govt.Arts.College, Yanam from 30-09-2012 till date.
Life time member of All India acconting Association.
Name : R.Uma Devi Designation: Assistant Professor
*”The Role of DCCB’s in the Agricultural Development of India”, Lambert Academic Publishing Germany, February 2012, ISBN: 978-8473-3752-2
*”Corporate Reporting Practices-Dimensions and Standards” Lambert Academic Publishing Germany, September 2014, ISBN:978-3-659-60989-3
Papers and Articles:
1. “Role of Credit Co-operatives in the Agricultural Development of India”, Journal of Commerce & Trade, Vol.VI, No.2, October 2011, ISSN: 0973-4503.
2. “Impact of Co-operative Loan on the Agriculture Sector: A Case Study of E. G. District of Andhra Pradesh”, Journal of Arts, Science and Commerce, Vol.III, No. 4(2), October 2012, ISSN: 2231-4172, pp. 74-84.
3. “Appraisal of Women Empowerment through DWCRA: An Empirical Study of Andhra Pradesh”, Journal of Commerce & Trade, Vol.III, No.2, October 2012, ISSN: 0973-4503.
4. “A Study on Swarnajayanti Gram Swarojgar Yojana Scheme in Generating Self-Employment Opportunities”, International Journal of Social Science Tomorrow, Vol. I, No.9, November 2012, ISSN: 2277-6168, pp. 1-10.
5. “The Role of Credit Co-operatives in the Agricultural Development of Andhra Pradesh, India”, International Journal of Co-operative Studies, Vol. I, No.2, November 2012, ISSN: 2168-2604, pp. 55-64.
6. “An Evaluative Study on the Role of Self-Help Groups in Empowering Women in India”, The International Journal of Management, Vol. 2, Issue 1, January 2013, ISSN: 2277-5846, pp.1-18.
7. “The Role of District Central Co-operative Banks in the Agricultural development of E. G. District of Andhra Pradesh”, International Journal of Innovative Research & Development, Vol. II, Issue 2, February 2013, ISSN: 2278-0211, pp. 101-124.
8. “Women Empowerment through Self-Help Groups in Pondicherry: A Case Study of Yanam”, International Journal of Research in Commerce, Economics & Management, Vol.3, Issue 3, March 2013, ISSN:2231-4245, pp. 104-111.
9. “An Impact Study of Micro Finance System on the Entrepreneurial Development of Andhra Pradesh, India”, International Journal of Innovative Research & Development, Vol. III, Issue 4, April 2013, ISSN: 2278-0211, pp.667-700.
10. “An Evaluative Study on the Poverty Alleviation Programmes of Puducherry”, Journal of Rural and Industrial Development, Vol.1, Issue 1, April 2013, ISSN: 2321-1873, pp 1-15.
11. “Impact of Co-operative Loan on Small and marginal Farmers of E. G. District of Andhra Pradesh”, International Journal of Research in Commerce, Economics & Management, Vol.III, Issue 6, June 2013, ISSN:2231-4245, pp. 96-102.
12. “An Evaluative Study of Tourism Industry in Puducherry, U.T. of India”, International Journal of Innovative Research & Development, Vol. II, Issue 6, June 2013, ISSN: 2278-0211, pp. 80-103.
13. “The Role of NGOs in Empowerment of Women in India: A Case Study of Andhra Pradesh”, International Journal of Social Science Tomorrow, Vol. II, No.7, July2013, ISSN: 2277-6168, pp. 1-11.
14. “An Evaluative Study of Empowerment of Women in India”, International Journal of Innovative Research & Development, Vol. II, Issue 8, August 2013, ISSN: 2278-0211, pp.245-255.
15. “An Analytical study on the role of NGOs in the Poverty Reduction of India”, Journal of Arts, Science and Commerce, Vol. IV, No. 4(1), October 2013, ISSN: 2231-4172, pp.127-137.
16. “An Analytical Study On The Role Of Foreign Direct Investment In Indian Retail Sector”, The International Journal of Management, Vol. 2, Issue 4, October 2013, ISSN: 2277-5846, pp. 17-27.
17. “ An Analytical Study On Foreign Direct Investment In India: It’s Pros & Cons”, International Journal of Marketing, Financial Services & Management Research, Vol.2, No. 11, November 2013, ISSN 2277- 3622, pp. 18-35.
18. “An Impact Study of Co-operative Loan on the Allied sector of E. G. District of Andhra Pradesh”, International Journal of Innovative Research & Studies, Vol. 2, Issue 11, November 2013, ISSN: 2319-9725, pp. 185-202.
19. “Corporate Reporting Practices and Corporate Governance In India: An Analysis”, The International Journal of Business & Management, Vol.1, Issue 6, December 2013, ISSN 2321 –8916, pp. 40-47.
20. “An Analytical Study on Foreign Direct Investment and Service Sector in India”, The International Journal of Business & Management, Vol.2, Issue 1, January 2014, ISSN 2321 –8916, pp. 46-56.
21. “Challenges and Constraints Faced By Women Entrepreneurs in India: An Analysis”, International Journal of Marketing, Financial Services & Management Research, Vol.3, No. 2, February 2014, ISSN 2277- 3622, pp. 39-56.
22. “A Study on FDI Policy and Indian Retailing”, Journal of Commerce & Accounting Research, Vol.3, Issue 1, January 2014, ISSN: 2277-2146, pp.35-46.
23. “Talent Management as a Never-Ending War for Talent: An Analysis”, International Journal of Research in Commerce, Economics & Management, Vol. No. 4, Issue No. 02, February, 2014, ISSN 2231-4245, pp.39-45.
24. “An Overview on the Investors’ Perceptions towards Indian Capital Market”, The International Journal of Business & Management, Vol.2, Issue 4, April 2014, ISSN 2321 –8916, pp. 17-24.
25. “Impact of the Global Economic and Finance Crises on India: An Analysis”, The International Journal of Business & Management, Vol.2, Issue 5, May 2014, ISSN 2321 –8916, pp. 65-72.
26. “Integrated Reporting - The Future Phase of Corporate Reporting: An Analysis”, International Journal of Research in Social Sciences, Vol. 4, Issue 2, May 2014, ISSN: 2249- 2496, pp. 393-409.
27. “An Analytical Study on The Export Led Growth Strategy and India’s Development”, The International Journal of Business & Management, Vol.2, Issue 7, July 2014, ISSN 2321 –8916, pp. (Impact factor:0.733)
28. “Talent Management Practices in India: An Analysis”, International Research Journal of Human Resources and Social Sciences Vol.1, Issue3, August 2014, ISSN: 2349-4085.
29. “A Study on Co-operative Banks in the Indian Financial System: An Overview”, International Journal of Management Research, Vol.2, Issue 10, October 2014, Impact Factor -3.142, ISSN: (2321-1709), pp. 17-34.
30. “The Trends and Development of Corporate Financial Reporting Practices in India: An Overview”, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) on Current Indian Scenario (Implementation, Problems and Prospects), ISBN: 978-93-82339-67-0, pp: 448-460.
31. “Online Marking – A Recent Development Of Marketing: An Analysis”, International Journal of Marketing, Financial Services & Management Research, Vol. 3 (11), November 2014, ISSN: 2277-3622, pp. 95-104, Impact factor: 0.687.
32. “Role of NGOs in the Eradication of Rural Poverty – An Analysis”, International Journal of Social Science & Interdisciplinary Research, Vol. 3 (11), November 2014, ISSN: 2277-3630, pp. 148-157, Impact factor: 3.503.
33. “Creating Accounting Practices – Its’ Pros & Cons: An Analysis”, International Journal of Management, IT & Engineering, Vol. 5, Issue 1, January 2015, ISSN: 2249- 0558, pp. 41-52, Impact factor: 4.297.
Orientation Course Attended:
Attended 28-day UGC sponsored Orientation Programme at University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad from 28th June to 25th July 2013.
Refresher Courses Attended: NIL
Workshops /Seminar/ Conferences:
1. Participated in a Two-Day National Conference on “Challenges in Human Development” on 22nd and 23rd January 2010 at Dr. S.R.K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam.
2. Participated in a Two- Day Seminar on “The Innovative Ideas in Teaching- Learning Evaluation Process” on 15th and 16th November 2010 at Dr. S.R.K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam.
3. Participated in a Seminar on “Nanotechnology” on 13th March 2012 at Dr. S.R.K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam.
4. Participated in a 3-day Training Programme on E-Literacy (IT and Non-IT) at Dr. S.R. K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam from 17th to 19th April 2013.
5. Participated in an International Conference on Business Innovation on ‘Steering Excellence of Business research knowledge’ and presented a paper titled “A Study on the trends of Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Governance in India: An Analysis” on 21st December 2013 at Dharmapuri, Tamilnadu, India.
6. Participated in a Two-Day National Seminar on ‘Talent Management Practices in India – Emerging Trends’ and presented a paper titled “An Analytical Study on the recent trends of Talent Management practices in India” on 20th -21st December 2013 at Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
7. Participated in Two - Day 36th All India Accounting Conference & International Seminar on ‘Accounting Education and Research’ and presented a paper titled “Recent trends in Corporate reporting and financial reporting practices in India: An Analysis” on 11th & 12th January 2014 at Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
8. Participated in Two-Day Conference on ‘Debt & Derivatives Market’ and presented a paper titled “A Study on the Role of Debt Derivatives Market s in the Development of India: An Analysis” on 23rd & 24th January 2014 at Department of Commerce, School of Management, Pondicherry University, Puducherry.
9. Participated in a One–Day National Seminar on “Banking and Insurance – Contemporary Issues” and presented a paper on “Co-operative Banks in the Indian Financial landscape: An Overview” on 13th February 2014 at Dr. C R Reddy Autonomous College, Eluru, Andhra Pradesh.
10. Participated in the One –Day National Seminar on “The Growth of Non-farm Sector in India: Opportunities and Challenges” and presented a paper on “Role of Banking Sector in the Growth of Non-Farm Sector in India: An Analysis” on 10th January, 2014 at Government Degree College, Khairatabad, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
11. Participated in Three Day International Conference on “Global Business: Opportunities & Challenges” and presented a paper on “Present Scenario of Talent Management Practices in Indian MNCs: an Analysis” on 27th – 29th March 2014 at Osmania University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
12. Participated in the Two –Day National seminar on “Good Governance and Rural Development in India: Perspectives, Challenges & Strategies” and presented a paper on “Role of NGOs in the Rural Development of India: An Analysis” on 5th- 6th September 2014 at Sir C R Reddy Autonomous College, Eluru, Andhra Pradesh.
13. Participated Two-Days UGC National Seminar on “Human Development and India” and presented a paper on “HDI & Economic Development of India: An Analysis” at VSM College, Ramachandrapuram on 14/11/2014 and 15/11/2014, Andhra Pradesh.
14. Participated Three -Days 67th All India Commerce Conference of Indian Commerce Association and International Seminar on “Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability” and presented a paper titled “The Investors Perceptions Towards Indian Capital Market: An Analysis” on 27th, 28th & 29th December 2014 at KIIT, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
Additional Charges if Any:
* Acting as Election Ambassador / Co-ordinator of Voice Centre of Dr. S. R. K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam from 26/10/2013.
* Acting as Vice-President of Co-operative Stores of Dr. S. R. K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam from 08/01/2014.
* Acting as Co-ordinator of Service Entry Coaching Classes (UGC) of Dr. S. R. K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam from 09/04/2014.
* Acting as Co-Ordinator for the Community College Scheme of Dr. S. R. K. Govt. Arts College, Yanam
* National Merit Scholarship in SSC
* National Merit Scholarship in Graduation (B. Com.)
Any other information:
Guided Four MBA Students and Three M. Phil. Scholars
*Acted as Resource Person (chairperson) in the Technical Session of One –day National Seminar on “Banking and Insurance – Contemporary Issues” on 13th February 2014 at Dr. C R Reddy Autonomous College, Eluru, Andhra Pradesh.
*Acted as a Lead Speaker for a Technical session at the Two–Day National seminar on “Good Governance and Rural Development in India: Perspectives, Challenges & Strategies” on 5th- 6th September 2014 at Sir C R Reddy Autonomous College, Eluru, Andhra Pradesh.
Name: V. Sridevi Designation: Assistant Professor
Mobile No: 09492634875 E-mail: email@example.com
Practical –VI- Microprocessors and Assembly language Programming Lab
Practical-VII. R.D.B.S LAB
In Third year, the students study:
Semester - V
Semester - VI
Practical-XI-Web Technology Lab
Practical – IX- Computer Networks
Practical-X- Visual Programming Lab
Practical classes for all three years would be in accordance with the theory papers. The faculty members train the students in giving seminars towards improving communication skills. The present third year students (4) presented a joint paper on Data Mines in National Level Seminar held in Pondicherry during September 2010. A. student of this department has been employed in TCS Chennai, and has gone to Canada on deputation
Students' Pass Percentage in University Exams
The Department of Computer Science is actively involved in developing the competitive spirit among the students, besides imparting knowledge in the concerned subjects. The Department gives the students unit wise assignments, and conducts weekly, monthly tests & seminars for all the three year students, and based on these, Internal Assessment Marks are awarded.
Remedial Coaching is being given to the identified weak students from the SC, OBC and Minority communities.