|Yakima Valley Dairy Scholarship Foundation
The local dairy community recognizes the increasing costs of higher education and is providing an annual scholarship of $1000.
Who May Apply:
An immediate family member of a household deriving its major income from dairying, working on a dairy, a dairy supported agribusiness or an individual pursuing a degree relating to the dairy industry. The applicant or applicant’s family must reside in the Yakima Valley.
1. Applicant must be enrolled in or planning to enroll full time in an accredited institution of
higher learning. This may include a university, college, community college or a vocational/technical school.
2. Applicant must be a high school graduate (or soon to be graduate) with a minimum
cumulative GPA of 2.9 (out of 4.0) or have completed at least one semester at an accredited
institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
3. Applicant must provide an official high school transcript and/or an official college transcript
with GPA if applicable. The transcript must be unopened.
4. Applicant must submit a list of up to ten top activities which include community service,
achievements and awards with a complete one sentence explanation. (Attach to application.)
5. Applicant must submit a list of work experience with a brief job description that includes
duties and responsibilities. (Attach to application.)
6. Applicant must submit a letter of recommendation from a person of his/her choice, but not a
relative. The letter of recommendation must be in a separate sealed envelope.
7. Applicant must submit an essay following the instructions given. (Attach to application.)
8. Applicant must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States and the State of
Send applications to: Yakima Valley Dairy Scholarship Foundation
c/o Yakima Valley Dairy Women
1726 E Gregory Ave. Ext.
Sunnyside, WA 98944
Due: Postmarked by March 15, 2016
Questions: Contact Sue Wedam at firstname.lastname@example.org or 830-6434
Yakima Valley Dairy Scholarship Foundation 2016 Application
Please fill out the information listed below. Applications that are incomplete will be disqualified.
Phone:____________________ and/or cell ____________________________
Affiliation with the Yakima Valley Dairy Industry:__________________________________
List family’s percentage of annual income derived from the dairy industry.
Example: 90% of family income
2016 (projected) ________________
Name and Address of anticipated institution of higher education:
Citizen or legal resident of the United States and the State of Washington: Yes No
Essay: Write an essay of your life to date. Explain your future goals and how higher education will enhance these goals. Finally, as a current or future member of the dairy community, describe how you plan to contribute to the dairy industry upon completion of your higher education. This essay must be from 300 to 500 words, signed with word count clearly listed.