Writing a book review S. Barker Dalry Primary School Why write a book review?
Why write a book review?
- It’s an easy way to let other people know if you enjoyed a book, or not, and why.
- You could help them to make a choice at the bookshop or in the library.
- Give a summary of the main parts of the story.
- Don’t give away any plot twists, or the ending.
- Make the book sound as exciting and interesting as possible!
- Tell the reader whether you enjoyed the book or not.
- Remember to give a reason for your opinion!
- Be honest, don’t be afraid to say if you didn’t enjoy the book.
Check it over
- Check your work for:
- Capital letters
- Finger spaces
- Full stops
- Read your review to your partner. Does
- it make sense? What kind of
- improvements could you make?
The database is protected by copyright ©sckool.org 2016