OSMEÑA ST. MASBATE CITY
TLE – IV
THIRD PERIODIC EXAMINATION
NAME: SCORE :_________________
YEAR AND SECTION: DATE :__________________
Directions: Write the letter of the correct answer on the space provided before each number.
1. It is the act of looking after a sick person at home so that the patient receives help without losing dignity or sense of independence.
A. Home Care C. Caregiving
B. Home Care Nursing D. Home Care Medication
2. “It is one the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself”, this is the famous line of?
A. Genevieve Tan C. Ralph Waldo Emerson
B. Alma L. Paragas D. Michael Liddy
3. Most often expected to take physical care of family members who are sick or are independent.
A. Men C. Father
B. Women D. Mother
4. What is the second leading reason why families institutionalize their loved ones?
A. Sleeping Problems C. Short-term Memory Loss
B. Aggressive Behavior D. Urinary Incontenence
5. This superficial of the skin is usually caused by a bacteria known as staphylococcus aureus.
A. Impetigo C. Allergies
B. Cellulittis D. Staphylinid
6. It is the most powerful predictor of a person’s mobility in the later years.
A. Social Activity C. Physical Activity
B. Physical Changes D. Psychosocial Changes
7. It is a kind of illness in which fever is accompanied by itchy or red spots on chest, back and stomach and sometimes spreading to scalp and face.
A. croup C. German Measles
B. Measles D. Chicken Pox
8. It is a kind of disease which are common symptoms are: Painful sore throat, accompanied by fever, nausea, and vomiting. Sometimes a fine rash appears on neck.
A. Scarlet Fever C. Mumps
B. Pneumonia D. Rubella
9. It encompasses specific pathologies, other problems, and challenges to the health of individuals and communities.
A. Disorder C. Illness
. B. Fever D. Condition
10. The number of heartbeat a young child has
A. 90 to 110 times C. 100 to 120 times
B. 80 to 100 times D. 70 to 90 times
II. FILL IN THE BLANKS
Directions: Supply the missing word/words to complete each sentences. Write your answer on the space provided before each number.
1. First aid is the care given to a person who has met an accident.
2. The diet is the most frequently used off all diets.
3. Food included in the bland diet are in consistency and with minimum amount of fiber.
4. Chiropractic means which is the method chiropractic practitioner use in adjusting misaligned vertebrate and other joints.
5. Acupressure manipulates the same points as but uses the hands and fingers instead of needles.
6. Children seek of a safeguard against injury, pain and even death.
7. Mother is a source of satisfaction and .
8. Nursing is known as a means of caring for others by the use of
9. First aid training promotes in the home and elsewhere.
10. Any medication in the in the first aid kit should be properly .
III.TRUE OR FALSE
Directions: Write True if the statement is correct and if it is not, correct the underlined word. Write your answer on the space provided before each number..
1. Dressing and undressing is not solely the concern of the elderly sick or disabled, but also of those caring for them.
2. Bed making is an important part of care giving job.
3. Prone position is best for back massage.
4. Attractive surroundings play an important part in the recovery of the patient.
5. Put clothing of a sick person on the strong side first.
6. Elders want to remain dependent.
7. The hard diet is an intermediate diet between the regular and the full liquid diets.
8. Ecological medicine involves early detection of health problems, and the substitution of healthy habits and lifestyles for ones which tend to lead us into disease.
9. Therapeutic massage is the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body affects the skin, blood vessels, nerves, lymph systems.
10. Mind Body Therapy is a complete health system care that can therapeutically affect a wide range of illness.
IV. MATCHING TYPE
Directions: Match the items on Column A with the items in Column B. write the letter of your answer on the space provided before each number.
1. The use of genuine essential oil A. Therapeutic Massage
2. Pressure is applied to the nerve B. Ayurvedic Medicine nerve ending in the feet
, spinal cord C. Herbal Therapy and sensory cortex D. Chiropractic
3. Use of herb extract E. Immunization
4. Manipulation of the soft body tissues F. Physical Changes
5. 2+ means a science of life G. Social Changes
6. 2+ is a government effort of protecting H. Aging the children against serious infectious disease I. Home Care
7. These changes results in slowing down J. Care giving body processes. Their energy level and K. Home medication efficiency decline. L. Fever
8. 2+ results to visible changes in the body M. Allergies and the way it functions N. Aromatherapy
9. Is a common side effect of many O. Reflexology childhood illnesses and an important symptom
10. It avoids the sick much of the emotional stress in the hospitals.
What does your neighbor do to keep your surroundings clean? (5 points)
What do the children in your school o to keep the school ground clean? (5 points)
ROSE ANN R. NUEVO
TLE - IV
THIRD PERIODIC EXAMINATION
KEY TO CORRECTION
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE
II. FILL IN THE BLANKS
Doing by hand
III. MATCHING TYPE
IV. TRUE OR FALSE