The Bcc-ucf writing Center …because writers need readers What is the Writing Center?
- …because writers need readers
What is the Writing Center?
- The Writing Center is a free service offered to the entire BCC-UCF community.
- Peer and faculty consultants work one-on-one with students, faculty, and staff in all disciplines, at all writing levels, and at all stages of the writing process. You tell us your needs.
- For example, you can bring your ideas for a personal essay, or bring your research paper ready for polishing. We will work collaboratively to help you improve your writing.
What do we do at the Writing Center?
- We give you feedback and advice while working with you to improve your writing ability.
- We help you improve your ability to document sources, overcome writer’s block, organize ideas, revise your writing, and proofread your work.
- Although we might offer advice on questions of style and clarity, we will never do the writing for you.
- We point you to resources such as style manuals or editing software.
What don’t we do at the Writing Center?
Where are we located?
- We are located on the Cocoa campus in building 12,
- room 221.
- Our hours change every semester with our consultants’ course schedules.
How do you make an appointment?
- Call us at (321) 433-7873.
- Schedule online at www.uwc.cah.ucf.edu.
- BCC students must request a user login prior to using the scheduler. Call or drop by and we’ll show you how.
- Schedule a 60-minute appointment if your paper is longer than five pages.
What should you bring with you to your appointment?
What happens at a consultation?
- You come to the Writing Center and meet with a friendly consultant.
- Your consultant asks what you’d like to work on during your consultation.
- You and your consultant explore strategies for improving your writing.
- Ultimately, you become a better writer.
What else can you do at the Writing Center?
- Use Editor software to check for mechanical, usage, and stylistic concerns.
- Pick up handouts on popular subjects ranging from MLA style to tips for taking essay exams.
- Get the answer to a question by using our library of writing reference books.
What do students say about us?
- “My professors commented on how my writing had improved.”
- “I learned so much more about writing.”
- “Talking it out made me know my story, made me know what I was trying to say.”
- “I learned how to look at my writing from a different perspective and then make my own revisions.”
We hope to see you soon!
- For more information please visit us online:
- www.uwc.cah.ucf.edu or
- Or just drop by
- room 221
- on the second floor
- of the library.
The database is protected by copyright ©sckool.org 2016