part 2 consists of non-verbel reasoning(figures).So it is impossible for
me to send those.(25 questions)
part 3 (quantitative)
1.A clerk multiplied a number by ten when it should have been divided by
ten.The ans he got was 100.what should the ans have been?
2.If rs20/- is available to pay for typing a research report & typist A
produces 42 pages and typist B produces 28 pages.How much should typist A
3.The average salary of 3 workers is 95 Rs. per week. If one earns
Rs.115 and second earns Rs.65 how much is the salary of the 3rd worker.
4.A 16 stored building has 12000 sq.feet on each floor. Company A rents 7
floors and company B rents 4 floors. What is the number of sq.feet of
unrented floor space.
5. During a given week A programer spends 1/4 of his time preparing flow
chart, 3/8 of his time coding and the rest of the time in debugging the
programs. If he works 48 hours during the week , how many hours did he
spend debugging the program.
6. A company installed 36 machines at the beginning of the year. In March
they installed 9 additional machines and then disconnected 18 in August.
How many were still installed at the end of the year.
7. A man owns 2/3 of the market research beauro business and sells 3/4 of
his shares for Rs. 75000. What is the value of Business.
8. If 12 file cabinets require 18 feet of wall space, how many feet of
wall space will 30 cabinets require?
9.A computer printer produced 176,400 lines in a given day. If the
printer was in operation
for seven hours during the day, how many lines
did it print per minute?
10. From its total income, A sales company spent Rs.20,000 for
advertising, half of the remainder on commissions and had Rs.6000 left.
What was its total income?
11. On Monday a banker processed a batch of cheques, on Tuesday she
processed three times as many, and on Wednesday she processed 4000
cheques. In the three days, she processed 16000 cheques. How many did
she process on Tuesday?
12. The cost of four dozen proof machine ribbons and five dozen accouting
machine ribbons was Rs.160/-. If one dozen accounting machine ribbons
cost Rs.20/-, what is the cost of a dozen proof machine ribbons?
13. If a clerk can process 80 cheques in half an hour, how many cheques
can she process in a seven and one half hour day?
In a library, there are two racks with 40 books per rack. On a given
dya, 30 books were issued. What fraction remained in the racks?
15. The average length of three tapes is 6800 feet. None of the tapes is
less than 6400 feet. What is the greatest possible length of one of the
16. A company rented a machine for Rs.700/- a month. Five years later
the treasurer calculated that if the company had purchased the machine
and paid Rs.100/- monthly maintenance charge, the company would have
saved Rs.2000/-. What was the purchase price of the machine?
17. Two computers each produced 48000 public utility bills in a day. One
computer printed bills at the rate of 9600 an hour and the other at the
rate of 7800 an hour. When the first computer finished its run, how many
bills did the other computer still have to print?
18. If a salesman's average is a new order every other week, he will
break the office record of the year. However, after 28 weeks, he is six
orders behind schedule. In what proportion
of the remaining weeks does
he have to obtain a new order to break the record?
19. On a given day, a bank had 16000 cheques returned by customers.
Inspection of the first 800 cheques indicated that 100 of those 800 had
errors and were therefore the available immediately for data processing.
On this basis, hwo many cheques would be available immediately for data
processing on that day?
20. A company figured it needed 37.8 sq.feet of carpot for its reception
room. To allow for waste, it decided to order 20% more material than
needed. Fractional parts of sq.feet cannot be ordered. At Rs.9/- a
sq.feet, how much would the carpet cost?
a. Rs.324 b) Rs.405 c) Rs.410 d) Rs.414 e) Rs.685
21. A tape manufacturer reduces the price of his heavy duty tape from
Rs.30/- to Rs.28/- a reel and the price of a regular tape from Rs.24/- to
Rs.23/- a reel. A computing centre normally spends Rs.1440/- a month for
tapes and 3/4 of this is for heavy duty tapes. How much will they save a
month under the new prices?
22. In a team of 12 persons, 1/3 are women and 2/3 are men. To obtain a
team with 20% women how many men should be hired?
23. The dimensions of a certain machine are 48" X 30" X 52". If the size
of the machine is increased proportionately
until the sum of its dimensions equals 156", what will be the increase in the shortest side?
24. In a certain company, 20% of the men and 40% of the women attended
the annual company picnic. If 35% of all the employees are man, what
percent of all the employees went to the picnic?
25. It cost a college Rs.0.70 a copy to produce a Programme for the
homecoming football game. If Rs.15,000/- was received for advertisements
in the programme, how many copies at Rs.0.50 a copy must be sold to make
a profit of Rs.8000/- ?
Some extra questions other than you send to me are follows.
I already send view logic paper yesterday.
best of luck
TATA INFOTECH -99
1.Depreciation: deflation, depression, devaluation, fall, slump
2.Depricate : feel and express disapproval,
3. incentive : thing one encourages one to do (stimulus)
4. Echelon : level of authority or responsibility'
5. Innovation : make changes or introduce new things
6. Intermittent : externally stopping and then starting
7. Detrimental: harmful
8. Conciliation : make less angry or more friendly
9. orthodox: conventional or traditional, superstitious
10. fallible : liable to error
11. volatile : ever changing
12. manifest: clear and obvious
13.connotation : suggest or implied meaning of expression
14. Reciprocal: reverse or opposite
15. Agrarian : related to agriculture
16. vacillate : undecided or dilemma
17. expedient : fitting proper, desirable
18. simulate : produce artificially resembling an existing one.
19. access : to approah
20. compensation: salary
21. Truncate : shorten by cutting
22. adherence : stick
23. Heterogenous: non similar things
24. surplus : excessive
25. Assess : determine the amount or value
26.Congnizance : knowledge
27. retrospective : review
28.naive : innocent,rustic
29. equivocate : tallying on both sides, lie, mislead
30. Postulate : frame a theory
31. latent : dormant, secret
32. fluctuation : wavering,
33. eliminate : to reduce
34. Affinity : strong liking
35. expedite : hasten
36. console : to show sympathy
37. adversary : opposition
3. affable : lovable or approachable
39. Decomposition : rotten
40 agregious : apart from the crowd, especially bad
41. conglomaration: group, collection
4. aberration: deviation
43. aurgury : prediction
44. crediability : ability to common belief, quality of being credible
46.Constituent : accompanying
47. Differential : having or showing or making use of
48. Litigation : engaging in a law suit
49.Maratorium: legally or offficiallly determined period of dealy
fulfillment of the agreement of paying of debts.
50. negotiate : discuss or bargain
51. preparation : act of preparing
52. Preponderant : superiority of power or quality
53. relevance : quality of being relevant
54. apparatus : applianes
55. Ignorance :
blindness, in experience 56. obsession: complex enthusiasm
57. precipitate : speed,active
These are too tough. Maintain time 26 questions ----- 10min
1. A C BDEFGI - I H K J L ANS: H
2. AIZBEYCIXDI - GENJW ANS;W
3. ADGJMP - RWTS ANS; S
4. ABCEFGIJK - MLONP ANS; M nOTE: MLONP ARE GIVEN OPTIONS
5. ABFGKLPQ - TSVUW ANS;U
6 JWXUVST - QPSET ANS; Q
7. ARHXYTDTWST - NPTKR ANS; P
8.FMBIPZVIEV - IRYOU
9. NZI YCX KWF - JFVMY ANS;V
10. AASASPASPKA - RQTSU ANS;S
11. AECPS - TRUE ANS;U
12. BBPRDDLNFFIK - HQJIK ANS'H
13 AZEXIVMT - RQNSO ANS: Q
14. ABDGKP - LIWUX ANS:U
15. BCDAEGHIFJLMN LKNMO ANS: K
16. XWEFGVUHIJK - PNSRT ANS: T
17. ODJTOPQNOERT - QOUVW ANS;O
18. PRNUUPEJRBB - HVUNE ANS: E
19.LULMGMNFNPS - ONQPS ANS:P
QUESTIONS ARE NOT IN SEQUENCE.
1.420% OF 7.79 = 32.718
2 3427 / 16.53 = 202
3. 10995 /95 = 115.7365
4. 43+557-247 =353
5. 3107*3.082= 9591
6. 48.7 + 24.9 - 8.7 = 64.90
7.525.0/47.8 = 11
8. (135-30-14)*7 - 6 +2 = 3
9.3/8 * 5.04=1.89
10.697 /219 =3.18
11.8/64 +64/16 = 4.14
12.298*312/208 = 453.54
13. 0.33 *1496 /13 = 37.98
14.0.26 + 1/8 = 0.385
16. 2.84+1/4= 3.09
17. 33% OF 450 = 148.5
18. 907.54 / 0,3073= 3002
19.tHERE ARE two categories of persons in ratio A, b i.e.A:B = 2:3 A
earns 2.5 dollars/hr and B type 1 dollar/hr total money earnedby both
24dollars. then total number of persons
20.Question not clear
Slowing running - n hours - A
Medium running - B
fast running - k hours - c
21. Tottal balls z,red balls N remaining are blak balls,then %of black
balls equal to Ans: z-n/z*100
22. Multiplication three digits and two digits number will result the
Ans: HInt: four digit number first number must be one.
23. A= C;B=2D what should be do to make the ratio same. i.e.a/b = c/d
Ans: multiply A by 2
24. P- Total number of compoentns
Q= defective number of compoentns
%of non defective equals to p-q/p*100
25. Cost of article x,first discount is y% of cost, seconddiscount is
of cost . The price of x is
26.Prime number a) 119 b) 115 c) 127 d) none Ans: C
27. A/B = C;C>D then
Ans:A is always greater than D
28..B>Cand AA then which expression will be highest value
37. K,L -- Men ;X, Y -> Ans:kX + Ly
38. If A,B are same number, which one of the following doesnot satisfy
this Ans: A*B/B**2
39. X- bulbs'; y - broken; % of non broken bulbs Ans: x-y/x*100
40. Adding X, Y to A equals to Ans: a (large expression)
41.Salary s permonth, tax x% of the salry, r% of salary is deducted
is the income.
42. Add three digits and two digits numbers the first digit is
Ans:1 (four digit number starting with one)
43. 0.512 * large number = ?
Ans:divide the given number by 2
44.In 10% balls 5 are defective, % of defective
45.6.29% of 2.8 = 0.18
47.0 < x5
person 3 says 3N>20
person 4 says 3n>10
person 5 says N
>Group discussion topics:
1) There are 7 flow charts & each has 5-6 blank rectangles/diamonds with
subquestion no. in rectangle/diamond. you have to fill the blank from the
5 options given against respective question no.
2) You have to understand the logic & then it is very easy to fill the
3) they had provided some information which you have to use for getting
1) there are 3 boxes of 3 balls each. you have to select the heaviest
--No----(is wt1 > wt.2)--No--(select box2)
| | |
Yes Yes |
| | |
select box 3 select box 1 |
| | |
select two balls
is wt.ball.1 = wt.ball.2 --- No -- is wt.ball.1> wt.ball.2 -- No
| | |
Yes Yes |
| | ball.2
ball.3 is ball.1 is is
heaviest heaviest heavist
so there will be some blank in this flow chart and u have to fill up the
blanck with correct option.
there are red and black balls. if ball is red then one point. if
ball is black and previous ball is red then two points. For winning u
have to get seven points. No point for same color consecutive balls.
|----------- select ball
| is ball red --- Yes -- Is previous --No---
| | ball red
| No p=p+1 |
| | No
| is previous |
| ball black --No----------- p=p+2 --count= count+1
| | |
| Yes |---is ball left
| | | |
| No pointQ3)
Classify objects in class A, class B and scrap. for classfing u
have to do diffrent test such as weight, material etc. and Flow char for
this ques. will be there along with some blanks.
There is production process in which action depend on temprature and
pressure. and there are temp. and press. controls.
find max. and min. of the 12 nos. there will array and u have to
arrange the numbers in assending/ descending order and find out max. and
diffrent age group are given and also diffrent salary slabs are
given. so depending on the salary group as well as his group u have to
fill the person in particular class. (ques. is not in exact form.)
>1. Brain drain: i.e. related to why immigration to U.S; I opposed
>partially and supported partially
>2. Electronic media effect; Internet, TV ,Email multimedia
> G.D they won't eliminate so many people. but you have participate
>with enthusiasm.You talk something. Interview as usual, stereoscopic
> I went upto interview, afterwards out. COMPUTER VISION (CV)
>1. |X-A| ==A-X, Ans. c. x<=a
>2. There is six letter word VGANDA. How many ways you can arrange the
> in the work in such a way that both the 'A's are together.
> ans. 120
>3. It two cards are toked on after other without replacing from a pack
> 52 cards. What is the probability for the two cards to be queen.
> ans. 1/17 * 1/13
>4. 51 X 53 X ..... X 59.
> a. 99!/44! b. c. d (99! X 25! )/( 2^2^4 X 49! X 51!)
> ans. d.
>5. The ratio of boys to girls is 6:4. Sixty percent of the boys and
> percent of the girls lake lunch in the canteen.
What percent of the
> takes lunch in the canteen?
> ans. 52%
>a. Only statement A is sufficient,
>b. Only statement B is sufficient,
>c. Both are necessary,
>d. Both are not sufficient.
>6. X is an integer. Is X divisible by 5?
> a. 2X is divisible by 5,
> b. 10X is divisible by 5.
> ans. a
>7. Is Anna the tallest in the class
> a. Anna is the tallest girl,
> b. Anna is taller than all boys.
> ans. c
> Zulus always speak truth and Hutus always speak lies. There are
>three persons A, B,&C. A met B and says "I am a Zulus as I am a
>Hutu". We don't know
> what exactly he said. The B meets C and says to C that " A is a
> Then C replied " No, A is a Hutu".
>9. How many Zulus are there?
> ans. 2
>10. Who must be a Zulu?
> ans. B, b (may be)
> A father F has 5 sins, P,Q,R,S,T not necessarily in this order. Two
> of same age. The eldest and teh youngest cannot be twins. T is elder
> and younger to Q and S has three older brothers.
>questions:. 11, 12, 13, 14.
> Who are the twin?
> Who is the oldest/youngest.
>ans. order may be QTRPS
> There are 7
people who take a test, among M is the worst, R is
> disqualified. P & S obtain same marks, T scares less than S and Q
> less than P, N scores higher than every one.
>questions: 15, 16, 17, 18
> ans. NPSTQRM
> highest marks is to 'N'
> least marks is to 'M'.
>UNIX & C
>19. What does chmod 654 stand for
> ans. -rw-r-xr--
>20. Which of following is used for back_up files?
> a. compress b. tar c. make d. all the above
> ans. d
>21. What does find command do?
> ans. search a file
>22. What does "calloc" do?
> ans. A memory allocation & initialising to zero.
>23. What does exit() do?
> ans. Came out of executing program.
>24. What is the value of the 'i'?
> i= strlen("Blue") + strlen("Purple")/strlen("Red") - strlen("green")
> ans. 1
>25. i = 2;
> printf("%ld %ld %ld %ld ", i, i++, i--, i++);
> ans. chck out answer is wrong.
>26. Using pointers, changeing A to B and B to A i.e., swapping the
> using two addresses
and one temporary variable, How will be the
> look like?
> ans. swap (int *, int *, int)
>27. In '^' how are the arguments are passed by befault?
> ans. by value.
>28. Find the prototype of Sine function
> ans. extern double sin(double);
>29. Scope of a global variable which is declared as static?
> ans. File.
>30. ASCII problem, i = '^'-...
> ans. 6
>31.What is the output of,
> printf("Helow \0 is the world");
> ans. Hello is teh world.
>32. Clarifying the concept addresses used ever arrays, i.e., changing
> address of a
SATYAM COMPUTERS (HYDERABAD)
Release : 1997
1)disregarded A) heed
2) GRE book pg no. 407 q.no. 13-16 para ie:in a certain society....
3)GRE .............446, 8th quest A) 1
6).................513, 4 &8 .....
7) if A+B+C+D is a +ve no's then
a) one must be +ve no's
b) two ..............
8) GRE pg no.586 32nd qst.
9)if x+y =3 and y/x=2 then y=
a)0 b) 1/2 c)1 d)3/2 e)2
17) how many squares with sides 1/2 inch long are needed to cover
a rectangle that is 4 feet long & 6feet wide
a)24 b)96 c)3456 d)13824 e)14266
18)GMAT pg.no. 439 passage 1 with question 1to9 on pg.440-441
GMAT pg.442 passage. 2 excluding q.nos.11, 15.
20) successive discounts of 20% and 15% are equal to a single
discount of ;
a)30% b) 32% c)34% d) 35% e)36% ans) 32%
if x/y =4 and y is not '0' what % of 'x' is '2x-y'
if x=y=2z and xyz =256 then x=
23)if 2x-y=4 then 6x-y is ans:12
1-8 q's on bus route. a b c d e
a x 8 15 20 7
b 6 x 9 13 21
c 10 12 x 3 11
d 9 1 18 x 5
e 3 4 17 14 x
where x is starting point.a&e are first and last stations.and b,c,d
are intermediate stations. fig's are no. of passengers.cost of ticket
is 0.7Rs /pass.
between any successive stations. based on this few q's were given.
are not correct. q's like total no.of pass.in onward journey.
Rest of q's are
2 statements were given. u have to
answer they are correct or not
simple q's from r.s agarwal_quantitative apt.
1.1/10power18 - 1/10power20 .....value?
1.father of computers
3.intel's first micropro...a.pentium b.pentiumproetc
4.1024(dec)convert to hexa&octal
6..motorola's processor name?
8.simple programs on pascal&c
9.diff between 8087,8086 (which is latest vers.)
10.some basic q's on GUI.
11.q's on IBMpc
12.one program on finding factorial
// This is another paper, we don't have this paper as such, I am
// over all idea of paper with some question...
// There r 5 sections; 5 questions in section1, 5 in section 2
// 8 marks in english (section 3); section 4 TRue or False type
5 questions.. (Mutiple choices)
i.e select any one of the following for 5 questions;;
A) only 1 is sufficent
B) only 2 is sufficent
C) both nessary
D) both are insufficent
E) either is sufficent
1. .......... (Don't know)
2. one composition contains... 5/4 L 6/14 L....
(Ans. both r insufficent)
3. x fabric.... 6.50 per meter , 25% wholesale...
(Ans: both r required)
4 & 5 don't know....
Section 2 (Analitical...)
1. Average 3years 45,000, 1st 1.5 times, 2nd 2.5 times..
(Calculate in this way... (x+1.5x+2.5x)/3 = 45000 i.e 5x/3 =
then calculate required value...)
2. Three vehecle speed ratio 1:2:3 & time ratio 3:2:1...
Distance ratio ??
(Ans: 3:4:3.. check once)
3. some km/hr problem...
(Ans: 150 km/hr)
4 & 5 don't know....
Section 3 (English - 8 marks.. mutiple choice..)
Section 4 (True or Flase type..)
1. Square contains all angles , one object does not contain angles;
///////////////PATNI NEW OVER at jadavpur 99////////////