Rovenstine lecturer, New York State Society of Anesthesiologists 2000
International Anesthesia Research Society, T. H. Seldon Memorial Lecture 2001
36th Annual Anesthesiology and Reanimation Society Congress, Antalya, Turkey 2002
Miller RD (Editor) Anesthesia (2 volumes) is the leading textbook of anesthesia in the world.
Stoelting RK, Miller RD Basics of Anesthesia is one of the leading basic anesthesia texts in the U.S.
Peer Review Articles - Dr. Miller has published over 170 peer review articles, several important ones are listed below:
• Segredo V, Caldwell JE, Matthay MA, Sharma ML, Gruenke LD, Miller RD: Factors contributing to paralysis
in critically ill patients after long-term vecuronium administration. N. Engl J Med, 327(8): 524-528, 1992
• Miller RD, Von Ehrenburg W: The contributions of muscle relaxants to the advancement of anaesthetic practice: what is required of new compounds? Eur J. Anaesth 9:1-8, 1994
• Caldwell JE, Szenohradszky J, Segredo V, Wright PMC, McLoughlin C, Sharma ML, Gruenke LD, Fisher DM, Miller RD: The pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of the metabolite desacetylvecuronium (ORG 7269) and its parent compounds, vecuronium, in human volunteers. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 270(3): 1216, 1994
• Miller RD, Robbins TO, Tong MJ, et al: Coagulation defects associated with massive transfusion. Ann Surg 174:794, 1971
• Feiner JR, Miller RD, Hickey RF: Productivity versus availability as a measure of faculty clinical responsibility. Anesthesia and Analgesia. 93(2):313-318, 2001