Ela terms list 1 a simile
- Giving human traits to animals or objects
- The squirrel brushed his teeth then flossed every day.
- The eraser screamed as Allante decided to erase her entire essay.
- Words that sound like their meaning
- Slam, Whack, Boom, Crack, Whoosh
- A comparison between two things that is made throughout a poem or story
- A poem that compares addiction to video games.
- A story where a dog is used to continually show the traits of friendship.
- A fight, struggle or argument:
- Man vs Man
- Man vs Beast
- Man vs Nature
- Man vs Society
- A person, place, thing, or idea
- Man, child, lawyer
- City, sewer, field
- Toilet, bubblegum, spaceship
- Freedom, equality, honor
- Means – toward
- Advantage, advance, advice, addition
- While Kevae wasn’t looking, Chuck added baby roaches to his Raisin Bran.
- a polite way (phrase) to say something that is controversial
- When a writer says that the character "passed away," he or she is using a euphemism to say that the character "died."
The database is protected by copyright ©sckool.org 2016