4. Expected status for next academic year
5. Cumulative GPA:
6. Hours completed/transferred:
7. Extracurricular activities and community service:
8. What are your academic plans at Finger Lakes Community College and what courses will you be taking?:
9. What, if any, special circumstances would you like the Scholarship Committee to consider in regard to your scholarship application?
10. Include a well-organized, clear and thoughtful essay describing your plans after graduation from Finger Lakes Community College and how you will use the degree that you are presently pursuing. The essay should be typed, double spaced and one to three pages in length. Preference is given to an essay that is written especially for this application rather than previously written class paper.
Have you fully completed this above application? (incomplete applications will not be considered)
Did you attach a copy of your resume?
I have read and accepted the above statement and understand that incomplete applications will not be considered.
To the best of my knowledge and belief, there is no reason that would prevent my being eligible to receive the above-named scholarship. The Scholarship Committee, and the FLCC faculty and staff, have my permission to share my academic information and documents with Finger Lakes Community College Financial Aid Office, the Foundation, governmental and FLCC auditors and representatives of the donor for purposes of verifying my eligibility for this scholarship. I understand that in order to receive this scholarship, I must enroll in Finger Lakes Community College and continue to meet all scholarship guidelines.
CRITERIA FOR SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time program at Finger Lakes Community College during the semester for which the scholarship is to be awarded.
The Dennis Morga Scholarship will be awarded for the recipient=s fall semester of the recipient=s second year and the funds will be deposited in the recipient=s student account to pay for books and tuition.
Consideration will be given to applicants with a history of community service and extra curricular activities at Finger Lakes Community College.
Preference will be given to those students in the Business Department with professional career goals including professional accounting, banking, business, finance and the Viticulture and Wine Technology programs.
Applicants are encouraged to have a grade point average of 3.0 or above and 24 credit hours by the end of the academic year in which the award is made. Applicants, by applying, are authorizing the scholarship committee to review their academic files.
Considerable weight will be given to the applicant=s ability to convey creative ideas through a well-organized, clear and thoughtful ESSAY. The essay should address the applicant=s career ambitions with an emphasis on the student’s entrepreneurial goals and aspirations. The Essay must be typed, double-spaced, and one to three pages in length. Preference is given to an essay that is written especially for this application rather than previously written class paper.
The strength of the applicant=s two letters of recommendation will be an important part of the evaluation.
APPLICATION REVIEW PROCEDURE
The Dennis Morga Memorial Fund Committee will review all complete applications received by the due date of March 31, 2016.
Applications will be rated using the following criteria and weighted scores:
Professional Career Goals (20 Points)
Grade point average (20 Points)
References (20 Points)
Essay (40 Points)
3. An interview with the applicant may be requested.