Chapter 02: a closer Look at Hardware and Software true/false
Page 1/4 Date conversion 04.06.2017 Size 1,09 Mb.
Chapter 02: A Closer
Look at Hardware and Software TRUE/FALSE
1. Virtually all computers today—such as embedded computers, mobile devices, microcomputers, midrange servers, mainframes, and supercomputers—are digital computers.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 47
2. A bit is the smallest unit of data a digital computer can recognize and is always represented by a 1.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 48
3. Unicode is limited to only the Latin alphabet used with the English language.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 49
4. Most mice today are mechanical mice and have a ball exposed on the bottom surface of the mouse to control the pointer movement.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 50
5. Touch screens are used in consumer kiosk and other point-of-sale (POS) systems, and they are useful for on-the-job applications where it might be impractical to use a keyboard or mouse.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 52
6. The kind of input device shown in the accompanying figure is popular but is seldom used by individuals to input photographs and other personal documents into a computer.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 53
7. A digital camera is usually designated either as a still camera or a video camera.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 55
8. You do not need to have the mobile deposit application on your mobile phone in order to make a remote deposit via your mobile phone.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 56
9. Digital camcorders are similar to conventional analog camcorders, but they store images on digital media.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 56
10. RAM connects all components of the computer system and is the PC’s main circuit board shown in the accompanying figure.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 57
11. CPU manufacturers are focusing on single-core CPUs as a way to increase the amount of processing that a CPU (like the one in the accompanying figure) can do in a given time period.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 59
12. Registers are used by a CPU like the one in the accompanying figure to temporarily store data and intermediary results during processing.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 61
13. A higher CPU clock speed means that more instructions can be processed per second than the same CPU with a lower CPU clock speed.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 59
14. Data in RAM is kept when the program using that data is closed.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 60
15. Display devices today are typically color displays, which form colors by mixing combinations of four colors—red, green, blue, and white.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 63
16. Laser printers print one entire page at a time.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 63
17. Storage systems are RAM, which is volatile and holds data only temporarily.
ANS: F PTS: 1 REF: 65
18. Flash memory storage systems represent data using electrons.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 66
19. For security purposes, both internal and external hard drives today are increasingly coming with built-in encryption that automatically encrypts all data stored on the hard drive and protects access to the hard drive with a secure password.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 67
20. Hybrid hard drives include both flash memory and a magnetic hard drive.
ANS: T PTS: 1 REF: 68
The database is protected by copyright ©sckool.org 2016