A cell is like a Factory How can a cell be like a factory
How can a cell be like a factory???
- In a factory, you have many different tasks being completed in the same building.
- Ex. The building supports/shelters the workers, workers build goods, maintenance crews clean up messes, shipping department gets goods ready to leave the factory and so on….
- A cell can be thought of as a "factory," with different departments each performing specialized tasks.
The Cell wall is like a…..
- a security Gate
- A security gate protects the factory and helps keep it safe.
- A cell wall does the same thing for a plant cell!
The cell membrane is like…
- Front doors
- The doors of a factory regulates what enters and leaves the building
- A cell membrane does the same thing for plant and animal cells!
The Nucleus is like…..
- THE BIG BOSS!! (CEO) The boss controls all of the activity inside the cell
- The nucleus does the same thing for plant and animal cells
Cytoplasm is like……….
Endoplasmic Reticulum (ER) is like…….
- An assembly line….(where the workers do their work) Items move along a conveyer belt to different parts of the plant
- ER moves items to different parts of the cell in the same way!
Ribosomes are like….
- Workers on the assembly line…they are responsible for building the goods in a factory
- Ribosomes assemble (build) proteins
Vacuoles are like…..
- Break rooms- In a break room you have storage for food items and places to get rid of trash
- Vacuoles hold wastes and stores water in plant and animal cells.
- Which cell has 1 large vacuole?
Lysosomes are like…..
Mitochondria and Chloroplasts are like…..
- Power Stations……the power station supplies energy to the factory
- Mitochondria (animal cells) and Chloroplasts (plant cells) do this for a cell!
The database is protected by copyright ©sckool.org 2016