D. 3 miles per second
21. Daniel ran eight miles at the speed of six miles per hour. How long did it take her to run that distance?
A. 2 hours B. 1¼ hours
C. ¾ of a hour D. 1⅓ hours
22. Serena can type about 45 words per minute. If she typed at this rate for 30 minutes without stopping, about how many words will he type?
A. 75 words B. 1350 words
C. 2700 words D. 4500 words
23. A landscaper estimates that landscaping a new park will take 1 person 72 hours. If 3 people work on the job and they each work 8- hour days how many days are needed to complete the job?
A. 3 days B. 8 days
C. 9 days D. 24 days
24. What is the area of the triangle shown below?
29. One inch cubes are stacked as shown in the drawing below. What is the total surface area?
A. 36 in2 B. 30 in2
C. 24 in2 D. 18 in2 30. In the figure shown below, all the corners form right angles. What is the area of the figure in square units?
A. 340 B. 376
C. 400 D. 384
31. What is the area of the shaded region in the figure shown below?
A. 9 cm2 B. 12 cm2
C. 18 cm2 D. 36 cm2
32. Two right triangles were removed from a rectangle as shown in the figure below. The rectangle had a length of 20 and a width of 10. Find the area of the remaining part of the rectangle, in square units.
A. 168 B. 184
C. 192 D. 200
33. In the figure below, every angle is a right angle.
What is the area, in square units, of the figure?
A. 96 B. 108
C. 120 D. 144
34. The short stairway shown below is made of solid concrete. The height and width of each step is 6 inches (in). The length is 15 inches.
A. 540 in3
B. 1080 in3
C. 1520 in3
D. 1620 in3
35. What is the area of the shaded figure below?
= 1 square centimeter (cm²)
A. 6 cm2 B. 7 cm2
C. 11 cm2 D. 12 cm2
36. Juliana has two similar rectangular boxes. The dimensions of box 1 are triple those of box 2. How many times greater is the volume of box 1 than the volume of box 2?
A. 3 B. 6
C. 9 D. 27
37. Alex is painting the rectangular tool chest with the dimensions of 8 in x 12 in x 20 in. If Alex paints only the outside of the tool chest, what is the total surface area, in square inches (in2), he will paint?
A. 80 in2 B. 496 in2
C. 992 in2 D. 1920 in2 38. The figure at the right is a rectangular prism which is made up of 2 inch cubes.