1. The idea proposed by Alfred Wegener to explain the continental shapes and positions is known as _____.
B) plate tectonics
C) continental drift
D) rift valley
E) sea floor spreading
2. In the diagram below, which two are the best examples of different continental positions in the past?
A) North America – South America
B) North America – Africa
C) South America – Asia
D) Europe – North America
E) South America – Africa
3. According to Wegener's model, what evidence did glaciers leave for the existence of Pangaea?
B) glacial lakes
D) soil deposits
4. What was the name of the floral fossils Wegener used for the idea of continental drift?
For questions 5 and 6 refer to the graph below:
5. In the figure above, what is the age of the sea floor off of the Bahamas?